ADVERTISEMENT

Players: 8, Coaches and staff: 12

I hear what you're saying but don't see how this line of thinking prevents a coach from adding necessary players. With everything you're saying here, it would still be a huge benefit to be able to conduct normal practices and have normal gameplans, and better protect players from getting injured.

You both sound like she is and should be trying to make this as bad a season as possible so we can go forward. ???

I don't understand that. We still have to pay to see the games this year right? You have a fan base that is willing to be patient but is, at the same time, hungry to see the team take forward steps. Many feel it has fallen to rock bottom at this point. Why do we need coach to make matters worse by not rounding out the roster.

The reasons stated against filling the spots(pg and post help) don't make sense to me. Top programs, uptrending programs, midmajors, everybody has done it(as was pointed out with UConn's guard additions), ...If they are willing to risk their culture or team chemistry, then who are we to be trying to play it so safe that we don't take a chance on anybody in the portal.
So did coaches plan work out better than YOU envisioned?

So did coaches plan work out better than YOU envisioned?
Cane,
Staying consistent to what I've been saying for the last few years(especially since the new facilities ), .......what is starting to happen now is what I envisioned from jump for this program. It's all in how well you get the vision over to the recruits. This is definitely what I envisioned should be happening at this time. To be honest, I envisioned this kind of recruiting success sooner. I know relationships take time to develop. The long quiet period had us all concerned....at least all of us with no inside connection to know what's going on.

The above quote you reference, in its' context, is one I wholeheartedly stand by to this day. I don't know how much the coaches looked to add a PG a year ago, but, YES,... if a decent PG or two was out there that fit the culture being established, it would have been a BIG help to the development of the team this past season. We were extremely fortunate to be injury-free this past season.

Let me ask you this,....Was it Coach's plan from the day she was hired, to go into the season with eight and no PG? If she planned it that way, then the answer to your question is 'Yes'.

I believe we are now at 10 players for the upcoming year.

Returners: Smikle, Bates, Sidibe, Lafayette, K. Brown, Cornwell
Transfers: D. Adams, M. Petticord
Freshmen: J. Huerter, L. Thompson

I'm sure the staff wouldn't mind adding another 1-2 players who could contribute.

ADVERTISEMENT