ADVERTISEMENT

Playing to the level of your opponent

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Other than the third quarter (probably after CVS gave them an earful), this team seems to play well enough to keep the lead and ultimately win many games. Glad they won, but expected a blow out.

Reactions: nj4shore
Other than the third quarter (probably after CVS gave them an earful), this team seems to play well enough to keep the lead and ultimately win many games. Glad they won, but expected a blow out.
Me too...if they start like that against a B1G team they will never be able to catch up...I'm sure CVS didn't help them celebrate this win

Me too...if they start like that against a B1G team they will never be able to catch up...I'm sure CVS didn't help them celebrate this win
I disagree. We scored 40 points in the 1st half, shot 57% in the 1st quarter and 69% in the 2nd. At one point, we had a 29 point lead. We ended up winning by only 20 because the last quarter, when we were outscored by 7, the starters spent a lot of time on the bench. Also, Southern shot 53% from 3. How many other teams will match that?
By the way, I WAS perturbed that we let the margin of victory get down to 20.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I disagree. We scored 40 points in the 1st half, shot 57% in the 1st quarter and 69% in the 2nd. At one point, we had a 29 point lead. We ended up winning by only 20 because the last quarter, when we were outscored by 7, the starters spent a lot of time on the bench. Also, Southern shot 53% from 3. How many other teams will match that?
By the way, I WAS perturbed that we let the margin of victory get down to 20.

Agree, thought they played very smoothly. Everyone got some minutes. I like the way Maori played, she will be in beast mode by next year. Check out her stat line in the few minutes she was in.
https://scarletknights.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2019-20/southern/boxscore/8234
Everyone got time, it was a true team effort. Where is NOGA?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT