ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE LISTEN To Ryan Hart’s Words

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
(MODS: apologize For beginning a new thread however I feel this is very important with all the insanity that has been going on within these boards the past couple of weeks)

I BEG EVERYONE TO LISTEN.... ESPECIALLY you Hobbs-haters and those who THINK he has handled this all wrong. Specifically the segment where they finally start talking about Greg Schiano (maybe 18-19 min mark) and what Ryan has to say about Pat Hobbs and how he has handled things thus far RE: coaching search!!’

THIS IS A “MUST HEAR”!!!

https://www.thescarletspotlight.com/podcast/2019/10/17/episode-40-ryan-hart

(MODS: apologize For beginning a new thread however I feel this is very important with all the insanity that has been going on within these boards the past couple of weeks)

I BEG EVERYONE TO LISTEN.... ESPECIALLY you Hobbs-haters and those who THINK he has handled this all wrong. Specifically the segment where they finally start talking about Greg Schiano (maybe 18-19 min mark) and what Ryan has to say about Pat Hobbs and how he has handled things thus far RE: coaching search!!’

THIS IS A “MUST HEAR”!!!

For someone who so vehemently disagreed with me 2013-15, I sometimes feel like you are now typing the same thoughts that are in my head. It's nice to see you have come around to my way of thinking. :Wink: Now if we can get everyone else thinking the same way, this forum would be absolutely BORING!!!!

Reactions: beaced
Ryan and @RUJON said "Rutgers/Hobbs needs to conduct a FULLY VETTED SEARCH." You have to go through the process and do all of the due diligence, and people are just going to have to wait. Ryan also expressed the utmost confidence in Hobbs and praised Hobbs' willingness to listen to former football players and soliciting their input.

Listen at 19:30 and 28:30.

In my opinion, this podcast dispelled a lot of the false narratives being pushed by the hire Greg now crowd.

Ryan and @RUJON said "Rutgers/Hobbs needs to conduct a FULLY VETTED SEARCH." You have to go through the process and do all of the due diligence, and people are just going to have to wait. Ryan also expressed the utmost confidence in Hobbs and praised Hobbs' willingness to listen to former football players and soliciting their input.

Listen at 19:30 and 28:30.

In my opinion, this podcast dispelled a lot of the false narratives being pushed by the hire Greg now crowd

Which those tuned into all obvious things, EVEN SLIGHTLY, have been stating all along.

THIS IS A “MUST HEAR”!!!

A really good listen for sure.

For someone who so vehemently disagreed with me 2013-15, I sometimes feel like you are now typing the same thoughts that are in my head. It's nice to see you have come around to my way of thinking. :Wink: Now if we can get everyone else thinking the same way, this forum would be absolutely BORING!!!!

I think almost everyone on the board AGREES that Hobbs should search far and wide and look at every angle to find us the best coach "available" to come to Rutgers as Ryan said.

When the search is all over by Hobbs and all parties involved, it will come back that Schiano is overall the best candidate available and he will be named the next coach because he checks the most amount of boxes.

In my opinion, the only way that Greg is not named the next coach is if some winning coach at a big-time existing program now(for whatever crazy reason) expresses an interest to come to Rutgers and leave his existing program and we spend what is needed to land him.

Best of Luck,
Groz

I think almost everyone on the board AGREES that Hobbs should search far and wide and look at every angle to find us the best coach "available" to come to Rutgers as Ryan said.

When the search is all over by Hobbs and all parties involved, it will come back that Schiano is overall the best candidate available and he will be named the next coach because he checks the most amount of boxes.

In my opinion, the only way that Greg is not named the next coach is if some winning coach at a big-time existing program now(for whatever crazy reason) expresses an interest to come to Rutgers and leave his existing program and we spend what is needed to land him.

Best of Luck,
Groz
There are two other ways: 1. Greg decides that he does not want the job, either because he wants to wait for a different job or chooses to not work at this time. 2. Greg and Rutgers/Hobbs cannot agree on some aspect of the head coaching job, and either mutually they decide, or one decides that another coach should take the job.

Reactions: RUJMM78
I think almost everyone on the board AGREES that Hobbs should search far and wide and look at every angle ...

Nope. This is why I began this thread: the “Greg or bust” crowd wanted Greg hired 2 weeks ago, on the spot, no questions asked.

Nope. This is why I began this thread: the “Greg or bust” crowd wanted Greg hired 2 weeks ago, on the spot, no questions asked.

These people totally discount the fact that Greg walked out on being DC of a team that is very, very likely to win the Superbowl this year, saying he wanted to "spend more time on his faith and family" which makes it sound like there are/were serious family issues going on. He walked away from an extremely desirable position. I don't know why certain people are so convinced he is now ready to jump in on the Rutgers job.

Ryan was diplomatic. He said hire Greg Schiano or hire someone just like Greg Schiano. Well, Greg Schiano seems to be the best candidate.

That said, Ryan has talked me off the ledge a little. If he thinks this search and vetting a bunch of other candidates is the right course of action, who am I to disagree? I just hope our AD comes to the same conclusion that more than half of us already know.

PS - I did hear the new rumor that RU is willing to pay $9M (4 for the coach, 5 for his staff) to the next hire. That kind of money could open the door to some elite candidates that previously I would not have thought possible. We'll see.

Ryan was diplomatic. He said hire Greg Schiano or hire someone just like Greg Schiano. Well, Greg Schiano seems to be the best candidate.

That said, Ryan has talked me off the ledge a little. If he thinks this search and vetting a bunch of other candidates is the right course of action, who am I to disagree? I just hope our AD comes to the same conclusion that more than half of us already know.

PS - I did hear the new rumor that RU is willing to pay $9M (4 for the coach, 5 for his staff) to the next hire. That kind of money could open the door to some elite candidates that previously I would not have thought possible. We'll see.
The key was "or like Greg." Meaning - we need a disciplinarian, who is willing to understand the university and past, and who will be able to close on top recruits because of his vision, direction, and execution. At least that's how I heard it.

There are two other ways: 1. Greg decides that he does not want the job, either because he wants to wait for a different job or chooses to not work at this time. 2. Greg and Rutgers/Hobbs cannot agree on some aspect of the head coaching job, and either mutually they decide, or one decides that another coach should take the job.
Option number 1 should be known quickly because Schiano is the presumed leading candidate.His interest or nor interest will determine how long the search will be and what other candidates express interest.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The key was "or like Greg." Meaning - we need a disciplinarian, who is willing to understand the university and past, and who will be able to close on top recruits because of his vision, direction, and execution. At least that's how I heard it.
I don't think an understanding of the university and past matters in the slightest. But other than that, I agree with you.

Thing is, pretty much all successful college football coaches instill discipline and are able to recruit well. So the question then becomes who, among the coaches who are both available and potentially willing to take the job, has demonstrated the most success with those qualities, has demonstrated the ability to recruit great assistants, and has the best looking resume to present to recruits without having to give explanations for failures?

Whoever that turns out to be, hire him.

And at the same time: the never Greg crowd already was sharing some absurd reasons he shouldn't be hired.

But the truth is: Schiano needs to be considered by Hobbs, along with others, not considered the only one that can bring RU FB back to respectability .
There are probably better choices, but will they take the job with what Rutgers will probably offer.
If that offer is a good one , better than Greg will be found.
If the offers is not a real good one,Schiano just might be the best of the rest and the one that needs to be hired.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Great interview. Thanks for posting. It’s reassuring that there are a lot of former players who have a vested interest in getting the program back to respectability. That was not the case in any of Rutgers previous football hires.Alums who know what to look for in a quality coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT