ADVERTISEMENT

Please, take Robb Smith back, TONIGHT!

Southern Gentleman

All American
Aug 10, 2011
Arkansas was severely punished for being ranked. Down 49-3 early in the 4th quarter. It probably will be much worse before the clock hits 0:00.

We cannot stop anyone. If you want Robb Smith just say so. I bet I can get a collection to fly him to Piscataway, tonight.

Reactions: brodo
Yeah.... no.

Smith's years at Rutgers basically coincided with the Schiano Sunset years. Maybe the lack of performance wasn't on Smith, I don't know. But the reality is that those last few years before Schiano fled to Tampa were some trying times.

Have you tried Rhode Island? They used to take a lot of guys we couldn't use, back in the day.

Yeah.... no.

Smith's years at Rutgers basically coincided with the Schiano Sunset years. Maybe the lack of performance wasn't on Smith, I don't know. But the reality is that those last few years before Schiano fled to Tampa were some trying times.

Have you tried Rhode Island? They used to take a lot of guys we couldn't use, back in the day.
You're a national treasure sometimes. Not sure how that brain of yours works, but it should be studied. ;-)

Or put on the Vendee Globe for the island girls.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Lots of paper tigers in the SEC this year.

From a conference that went 10-2 last year in bowl games? I don't think so my friend.

Bama is real. T A&M isn't bad. Ole Miss has talent. Florida and Tennessee arent slobs. Auburn isn't bad obviously. Arkansas may suck but should still make a bowl game. LSU could do well still.

Lots of football to be played. Arkansas NEEDS an open date next week!

From a conference that went 10-2 last year in bowl games? I don't think so my friend.

Bama is real. T A&M isn't bad. Ole Miss has talent. Florida and Tennessee arent slobs. Auburn isn't bad obviously. Arkansas may suck but should still make a bowl game. LSU could do well still.

Lots of football to be played. Arkansas NEEDS an open date next week!
Damn straight.
grovehd1_original_crop_exact.jpg

Damn straight.
grovehd1_original_crop_exact.jpg

Mrs. Screw puts on a better tailgate than the average Ole Miss fan in the Grove for sure!

But, overall, the "talent" in the Grove is beyond compare anywhere.

You owe it to yourself to make the trip to Oxford, Ms at least once in your life.

The "eye candy" is superb. But the food and comraderie in the blue lot with Mr. and Mrs. Screw is without par IMO.

Harmon
Ryan
Cooper
Jones
Greene
Beauharnais

Vallone

Snyder
Hamilton

Mrs. Screw puts on a better tailgate than the average Ole Miss fan in the Grove for sure!

But, overall, the "talent" in the Grove is beyond compare anywhere.

You owe it to yourself to make the trip to Oxford, Ms at least once in your life.

The "eye candy" is superb. But the food and comraderie in the blue lot with Mr. and Mrs. Screw is without par IMO.
And sometimes without Pokemon.

Thanks. Obviously, I didn't see it coming either. I thought that we were better than that.

Gus Malzahn and his OC, Rhett Lashley, take particular pride in beating Arkansas. And, after the way they were treated at Arkansas during the Houston Nutt era, I cannot blame them.

He would have been a better choice than Rossi but took the Razorbacks over coming back here. Probably knew hitching his future to Flood was not a wise move.

Yes and he'd be as successful as Brady Hoke has been at Oregon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That was my thinking as well.

How about this scenario? Robb Smith gets fired at the end of the season, Les Miles is announced as the new DC(he is friends with AD Jeff Long). Bielima gets another year then, if we are not any better, B gets fired and Les steps in as HC.

That was my thinking as well.

How about this scenario? Robb Smith gets fired at the end of the season, Les Miles is announced as the new DC(he is friends with AD Jeff Long). Bielima gets another year then, if we are not any better, B gets fired and Les steps in as HC.
I don't think Les Miles has ever been a DC has he? I think he was an OC at one time, ironic considering the struggles on offense he's had at LSU over the years. A nice scenario would be if LSU lets coach O go and the new guy is too stupid to keep Dave Aranda around. Tom Herman would likely keep him though if he took the job, they were college roommates IIRC. Offer him the same boatload of money and see if he'll come to Arkansas.

He's been my recent top pick for HC but I always wonder about his personality/demeanor. Seems a little more quiet/aloof and not sure if he ever wants to be the head man. Might be content as a DC unless a NFL DC job ever gets offered to him. He's great at what he does though.

ADVERTISEMENT