ADVERTISEMENT

Plenty of positive movement for our guys in this week's rankings from FloWrestling

Flj5DyyXoAAorMb

Alvarez not being ranked seems a little harsh. He has 2 losses on the year, each by 1 point, one to a NQ. Not sure what the rest of Flo’s rankings look like but Alvarez has wins over Vasquez, Miranda and Ferrante who are ranked in other places and Courtney who is a 2x NQ.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I agree that Sammy should be ranked higher. Probably around 10th. Once the Big Ten schedule starts, his ranking will be more accurate. He will face # 4 Bartlett, # 5 Hardy, # 15 Tal Shahar, #21 D'Emilio, and #22 Mattin. As Penn State, Northwestern, and Michigan are at home he can should win those bouts. And he should beat D'Emilio at Ohio State. Hardy at Nebraska will be a tough bout. If he goes 4 and 1, Sammy will be in the top 8 prior to the Big Ten Tourney.

Alvarez not being ranked seems a little harsh. He has 2 losses on the year, each by 1 point, one to a NQ. Not sure what the rest of Flo’s rankings look like but Alvarez has wins over Vasquez, Miranda and Ferrante who are ranked in other places and Courtney who is a 2x NQ.
HM means you are ranked somewhere between #25-33 on flo.. close wins/losses are not factored into rankings.. Alvarez is ranked correctly.. out of his 4 best wins this season, only Vasquez is ranked HM on flo and Alvarez has loss to unranked guy on year…. On intermat, however, Sammy is ranked 14th.. feels a bit generous..

I agree that Sammy should be ranked higher. Probably around 10th. Once the Big Ten schedule starts, his ranking will be more accurate. He will face # 4 Bartlett, # 5 Hardy, # 15 Tal Shahar, #21 D'Emilio, and #22 Mattin. As Penn State, Northwestern, and Michigan are at home he can should win those bouts. And he should beat D'Emilio at Ohio State. Hardy at Nebraska will be a tough bout. If he goes 4 and 1, Sammy will be in the top 8 prior to the Big Ten Tourney.
10th rn lol?? I think you are getting Alvarez mixed up with freshman Sammy the bull.. yeah if he beats those guys then yeah but that’s asking for bull form

Most recent InterMat Rankings. They rank the top 33 wrestlers

Peterson # 14
Heilmann # 14
Alvarez # 12
White # 32
Clark Not Ranked
O'Neil Not Ranked
Turley Not Ranked
Soldano # 15
Janzer Not Ranked
Boone # 24

Tournament # 30
Dual Meet # 21

Ouch … where do we find multiple AAs to keep the streak going?

No one in top 8.

Reactions: gogs7
January 4th Individual Wrestlers Rankings within the BiG Ten only by Flowrestling

Peterson 8th
Heilmann 7th
Alvarez 10th
White 10th
Clark 12th
O'Neil 11th
Turley 13th
Soldano 8th
Janzer 12th
Boone 7th

Think rankings will go up after we wrestle the Big Ten Teams

Last edited:
January 4th Individual Wrestlers Rankings within the BiG Ten only by Flowrestling

Peterson 8th
Heilmann 7th
Alvarez 10th
White 10th
Clark 12th
O'Neil 11th
Turley 13th
Soldano 8th
Janzer 12th
Boone 7th

Think rankings will go up after we wrestle the Big Ten Teams
Ouch!! I sure hope they go up! Boone is our highest rated wrestler in the B1G? Who woulda thunk it?

ADVERTISEMENT