ADVERTISEMENT

PLL Week 3 - Rutgers Alums Active

Is the 2-point goal something we can envision ever making it's way into college lacrosse?

I hope not.
I don’t see it. Look at it this way...the PLL is like the NBA. Game is more about the stars and flash.

College lacrosse and hoops is more about your school, your team, your alumni and winning to get into the tourney, etc...

Two separate marketing plans

PLL has the best players in the world. It’s a different game...has different rules...and that’s ok

Don’t mess with college...although nobody can debate that the shot clock in college was not needed. Best rule change ever IMO. Game is better now

I don’t see it. Look at it this way...the PLL is like the NBA. Game is more about the stars and flash.

College lacrosse and hoops is more about your school, your team, your alumni and winning to get into the tourney, etc...

Two separate marketing plans

PLL has the best players in the world. It’s a different game...has different rules...and that’s ok

Don’t mess with college...although nobody can debate that the shot clock in college was not needed. Best rule change ever IMO. Game is better now
100%. I’d like to see the two point shot also added.

So I went to watch the Whips vs Woods last night at Homewood. My first PLL game. Didn’t really know what to expect.

It was really a fun time. Good atmosphere and a really good crowd. Lots of kids and young lacrosse players. Tons of college age young adults hanging out in the beer garden inside the stadium. It was almost like a lacrosse festival if you will

Really had fun.

Glad the Whips won (Nardella, Kirst, Kamish) all active and played well. Jules was playing for the Woods. He’s very talented.

The players were headed out post game with my younger son and some other guys. I made the wise decision to tap out and call it a night 😉

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun the atmosphere was and of course the lacrosse talent is very impressive at that level

I’ll try and make one more game later in the summer if my kid stays on the active list.

Good luck to AC in his first PLL game!

So I went to watch the Whips vs Woods last night at Homewood. My first PLL game. Didn’t really know what to expect.

It was really a fun time. Good atmosphere and a really good crowd. Lots of kids and young lacrosse players. Tons of college age young adults hanging out in the beer garden inside the stadium. It was almost like a lacrosse festival if you will

Really had fun.

Glad the Whips won (Nardella, Kirst, Kamish) all active and played well. Jules was playing for the Woods. He’s very talented.

The players were headed out post game with my younger son and some other guys. I made the wise decision to tap out and call it a night 😉

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun the atmosphere was and of course the lacrosse talent is very impressive at that level

I’ll try and make one more game later in the summer if my kid stays on the active list.

Good luck to AC in his first PLL game!

They had a spot on the broadcast showing Irlan was putting his stick in a chest of ice water to increase it's rigidity to help on faceoffs. They need to look in the dusty corners of Brine's warehouse or a museum to find an old PL66. It would crush anything out there today. When STX introduced the first superlight it was quickly discovered that when they went up against a clamp move the stick was misshapen until they got to the sidelines and straightened it out.

Looked like a fun night, and now I know why there was a crowd at what I now know was the beer garden.

ADVERTISEMENT