• I do not like

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters

RAA-1

All Conference
Jan 28, 2004
Princeton
Please Vote

Personally I'm so happy the Salmon is gone and I can read the numbers.

Last edited:
They look like solid uniforms, and nothing artificial with the scratched armor on the sleeves - that was tacky

My question: If the following changes were made, which would you like better?

Fix the red
Change the numbers to solid opposite color Red on white, white on red
Do away with battle scars on jerseys

My question: If the following changes were made, which would you like better?

Fix the red
Change the numbers to solid opposite color Red on white, white on red
Do away with battle scars on jerseys

The red was never off.. We were experiencing the Bezold Effect.

bezold-effect.png

The Bezold Effect is an optical illusion, named after a German professor of meteorology, Wilhelm von Bezold (1837-1907), who discovered that a color may appear different depending on its relation to adjacent colors. In the above example, the red seems lighter combined with the white, and darker combined with the black.

Reactions: 17Q66 and R1776U
I like, and will forever like, the 2006 unies the best. That being said, new unis are well done. Two wants: big block RUTGERS on front. Rotate the new Knight logo counter clockwise about 20 degrees to pick the head up

Need more voting options - how about better than the salmon, but boring me to tears?

The uniforms quite generic. The tee's and shorts look cheap and easy to knock off and will look the same on a 300 lb fan as they do on the student athletes.

Exactly... An improvement... Still a ways to go in getting back to a respectable uniform... All I can say is thank god for Ash...it looks like he tried his best given the circumstances... Who knows what kind of clown suits we would be wearing without his input...

What makes you think Ash was involved? I haven't seen that anywhere, and would expect this design predates him.

Reactions: RU22
What makes you think Ash was involved? I haven't seen that anywhere, and would expect this design predates him.

"I think there were some conversations already in the works about some new uniforms," Ash said. "When I got here I was fortunate to get in on the front end of it and make changes with uniforms and helmets. I'm a traditionalist. I'm not a guy that likes 15 different uniforms and 15 different helmets. I want a look that's classy, that's identifiable, that people really think looks sharp. We're going to hopefully have that type of look."

"I got here in time to make some tweaks and adjustments that I would rather do, but I didn't come up with the idea of changing the uniforms," Ash said. "That was already in motion. I was fortunate enough to be able to make some of the adjustments that fit what we wanted to do."

My bet is those adjustments were getting rid of gimmicky items..It sounds like we could have gotten 15 different uniforms....I could be wrong..but he definitely made the uniforms as plain and simple as he could given the circumstances.

Last edited:
"I think there were some conversations already in the works about some new uniforms," Ash said. "When I got here I was fortunate to get in on the front end of it and make changes with uniforms and helmets. I'm a traditionalist. I'm not a guy that likes 15 different uniforms and 15 different helmets. I want a look that's classy, that's identifiable, that people really think looks sharp. We're going to hopefully have that type of look."

"I got here in time to make some tweaks and adjustments that I would rather do, but I didn't come up with the idea of changing the uniforms," Ash said. "That was already in motion. I was fortunate enough to be able to make some of the adjustments that fit what we wanted to do."

My bet is those adjustments were getting rid of gimmicky items..It sounds like we could have gotten 15 different uniforms....I could be wrong..but he definitely made the uniforms as plain and simple as he could given the circumstances.

Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MikeRU09
ADVERTISEMENT