ADVERTISEMENT

Pollock to Youngstown State-

Poor kid got screwed with the coach change. All players should be allowed to change without penalty when there is a change in any HC, OC or DC.

How did he get screwed?
Screwed is a stretch but the staff definitely had no intentions of him playing. He doesn't fit the mold of what they want. If he wasn't so popular with other recruits(sneed for example) he would have been persuaded to look elsewhere. Used is a better term.

Screwed is a stretch but the staff definitely had no intentions of him playing. He doesn't fit the mold of what they want. If he wasn't so popular with other recruits(sneed for example) he would have been persuaded to look elsewhere. Used is a better term.

How about no.

Wonder if he'll change the profile pick, got the R shirt on

Good luck to him

That is a very serious accusation against our staff and the 2nd thread you have stated as such, do you have anything to back this up? Even if true, I still can't figure out your motivation and intention for repeating it over and over so unnecessarily.

That is a very serious accusation against our staff and the 2nd thread you have stated as such, do you have anything to back this up? Even if true, I still can't figure out your motivation and intention for repeating it over and over so unnecessarily.

That never seemed to be a problem with the previous head coaches. Allegations and rumors, whether true or not, were constantly repeated here. But this is a new regime with a clean slate, and a new regime should be given some slack.

Agree that if it is an accusation with nothing to back it up, it is not right to keep repeating it. However, considering the quotes from the NJ.com story after the announcement, it leaves some wondering why Coach Ash pursued Pollock until the end of the recruiting cycle.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...pollock_planning_a_tr.html#incart_river_index

"Coach Ash has definitely called me up on many occasions and said, 'Hey, we really want this guy, we really want this guy, we really want this guy: Go get 'em.' '' Pollock told NJ Advance Media prior to enrolling last January. "And that's what I'm doing."

Maybe he saw his playing time limited vs. the competition he faced at LB at Rutgers and decided to move on.
Case closed.

It's a business. Now you see why Russo switched.

At the end of the day it is all about playing time with players. If it doesn't look like you are going to crack the 2 deep and you were a RS Soph, I could understand. But wasn't Pollack a frosh? How about you compete for a couple years and try to win a spot in the starting rotation.

Ash honored all Flood commitments just like he has with Naijee Jones. Problem with Pollack is he is not an FBS level player despite what his dad thinks.
This. There was no screw job the kid is just simply not a d1 linebacker. Frankly I think he'll have a tough time seeing the field at YSU. By all accounts a great kid but if I were him I'd be looking to play some d3 ball at a high academic like Amherst or Williams.

This. There was no screw job the kid is just simply not a d1 linebacker. Frankly I think he'll have a tough time seeing the field at YSU. By all accounts a great kid but if I were him I'd be looking to play some d3 ball at a high academic like Amherst or Williams.
So that begs the question why this staff pursued hm hard through the end of January.

Reactions: jtung230
So that begs the question why this staff pursued hm hard through the end of January.

And that begs the question why did the prior staff pursue him at all.

Maybe the current staff gave him an opportunity to demonstrate his skills in the spring; evaluated his talent; and had a candid conversation with him regarding how they felt he might realistically fit into their plans or not.

man-making-mountain-out-molehill-eps-vector-illustration-47160823.jpg

Board has gone full retard over this...

1. Ash would be a fool to suddenly drop a kid who was committed to us for a year. He had to take him and every other kid that was committed and will give every guy he took a chance to make this team better. That's not complicated guys and only the rare asshole coach would do something like that.

2. It's no secret that we are dying for good LBers here. D-Y-I-N-G. This position group is going to struggle big time this year if you are objective about it. Yet some of you are going to buy the repeated rumor by a few minions that he didn't get a fair chance? He wasn't a D1 LB - period.

3. Several on this board have been manipulated by people related to the situation and it's sad. The same posters who were telling us he was a 4.5 kid with a weighted vest and the same people last week who said he was transferring to a big time school, the same people who said he was offered by UM...

He is a transfer. There will be 10 more over the next year like there is every year. Wish him luck and let it go already for crying out loud and stop regurgitating the info you get from a biased source only to promote a narrative that isn't there.

Every kid today knows full well that there are absolutely no absolutes! Certainly enough of them use the recruiting system to play one school off the other and their coaches. As far as losing the chance to play, every kid should certainly be prepared to have this happen to them at any time if you are at this level.
It is always unfortunate that some find themselves on the outside looking in, but a free college education is nothing to sneeze at if the game thing doesn't work out.
Good luck to him at Youngstown.

1. Ash would be a fool to suddenly drop a kid who was committed to us for a year. He had to take him and every other kid that was committed and will give every guy he took a chance to make this team better. That's not complicated guys and only the rare asshole coach would do something like that.

2. It's no secret that we are dying for good LBers here. D-Y-I-N-G. This position group is going to struggle big time this year if you are objective about it. Yet some of you are going to buy the repeated rumor by a few minions that he didn't get a fair chance? He wasn't a D1 LB - period.

3. Several on this board have been manipulated by people related to the situation and it's sad. The same posters who were telling us he was a 4.5 kid with a weighted vest and the same people last week who said he was transferring to a big time school, the same people who said he was offered by UM...

He is a transfer. There will be 10 more over the next year like there is every year. Wish him luck and let it go already for crying out loud and stop regurgitating the info you get from a biased source only to promote a narrative that isn't there.
Best post of the two threads on the transfer. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: NickyNewark51

All other things, I'm willing to defer on but he DID get offered by Michigan. That is a fact that is not second hand.

Nope. It's in the same category of him having 180 tackles, 31 tfls and 14 sacks as a senior in high school

Let's just say there are a handful of people who can state for a fact that the offer was made. Absolute fact.

Nope. It's in the same category of him having 180 tackles, 31 tfls and 14 sacks as a senior in high school
Offers are one thing....was is committable is another....who cares? We loved the kids loyalty and affection for RU but it didn't work out...let it go at that...some things are best left alone!!

Reactions: JoeRU0304
On November 12, 2015 - Jonathan Pollock officially signed his Big Ten financial aid paperwork and then he enrolled at Rutgers on January 15, 2016.
The signing of the Big Ten financial aid paperwork on November 12, 2015 then prevented him from attending any Big Ten school other than Rutgers without losing two years of eligibility.
The signing of this agreement on November 12, 2015 also ensured Pollock his Rutgers scholarship as he prepared for early enrollment.

He was essentially irrevocably signed sealed & delivered - in just about all ways possible - while Flood was still Head Coach - prior to Flood's final game - and weeks before Ash was announced as Head Coach.

So, precisely how did the new coaching staff - in any way - "screw" this recruit? Doubt that anybody made rash, irrational promises of immediate playing time - that would be next to impossible to believe & would have been totally unnecessary since there was already binding commitments in place before the new staff was in place.

Last edited:
VK, Kyk, Knightshift and a few others...you folks need to give it a rest with your negative slant on this and a few other things. You guys make it seem like you are in the know, closely connected and know everything that is going on. Not so.

In this case I am pleased to see Jon get situated in a decent program with a solid head coach and at school where Jim Tressel is the president. While I may have no proof I am willing to bet the Ash-OSU connection is involved somewhere here. Bo Pellini is no slouch of a coach. And Jon is eligible immediately.

Like many others here I join in wishing Jon Pollock all the best and hope he has nothing but a great football and academic career at YSU. A class young man and family.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
VK, Kyk, Knightshift and a few others...you folks need to give it a rest with your negative slant on this and a few other things. You guys make it seem like you are in the know, closely connected and know everything that is going on. Not so.

In this case I am pleased to see Jon get situated in a decent program with a solid head coach and at school where Jim Tressel is the president. While I may have no proof I am willing to bet the Ash-OSU connection is involved somewhere here. Bo Pellini is no slouch of a coach. And Jon is eligible immediately.

Like many others here I join in wishing Jon Pollock all the best and hope he has nothing but a great football and academic career at YSU. A class young man and family.
No negative slant from me. Just asked a few questions, and I am pretty far from in the know. Asking questions about the rapid/early transfer of the leader of the 2016 class seems to be too much for some to bear around here, and we are supposed to walk on eggshells according to you.

Have you or anyone who thinks he is not a D1 player actually see him play in a live game? I'm guessing no and most of you probably never even played the sport at any level. Stay classy RU.

Let's just say there are a handful of people who can state for a fact that the offer was made. Absolute fact.
can we be honest with ourselves for a second. If harbaugh called pollock it was nothing more than him trying to screw around with Rutgers. The convo probably went like harbaugh saying "hey we want to offer you a scholarship" while in his head thinking maybe he can get pollock to start talking about michigan after being 1000% all Rutgers just to make Floods life even harder than it already was.

His offer to UM was about as commitable as your and mine offer to UM

ADVERTISEMENT