Possible Big10 Schedule

Aug 14, 2010
From Willie Saylor

Optional Out-of-Conference Weekends

Jan 1st - Out of confrence

Jan 8th - No Tournaments

In Conference Only

January 15th - February 21st

The Details: Every school will wrestle a maximum of six dates and nine duals.

The Breakdown: During this time period, every school will wrestle 2 intra-conference duals at home, and two intra-conference duals away for a total of four duals.

Every program will wrestle one quad for a total of three more duals.

Every program will wrestle one tri-meet for a total of two more duals, equaling nine duals.

The exact schedule, dates, and opponents are yet to be decided.

The Big Ten Championships

March 6th and 7th - Penn State - However, Penn State isn't sure they want to hold them. Big Ten Coaches to decide alternative location on Friday, Noon CT.

Penn State would rather be the host when full attendance is allowed. The Big Ten is not in favor of that.

NCAA Championships

March 18th-20th, St. Louis, MO

From Willie Saylor

Optional Out-of-Conference Weekends

Jan 1st - Out of confrence

Jan 8th - No Tournaments

In Conference Only

January 15th - February 21st

The Details: Every school will wrestle a maximum of six dates and nine duals.

The Breakdown: During this time period, every school will wrestle 2 intra-conference duals at home, and two intra-conference duals away for a total of four duals.

Every program will wrestle one quad for a total of three more duals.

Every program will wrestle one tri-meet for a total of two more duals, equaling nine duals.

The exact schedule, dates, and opponents are yet to be decided.

March 6th and 7th - Penn State - However, Penn State isn't sure they want to hold them. Big Ten Coaches to decide alternative location on Friday, Noon CT.

Penn State would rather be the host when full attendance is allowed. The Big Ten is not in favor of that.

NCAA Championships

March 18th-20th, St. Louis, MO
So, Princeton on 1/8/21? If we also wrestle 1/1/21, who else (Lehigh, Cornell, UPenn, Hofstra, Rider, Navy, NJCU, Centenary, Lock Haven, Stevens, DelVal, LIU, Columbia, Army, Binghamton, Buffalo, Drexel, Clarion)? I'm guessing only a few will meet B1G testing requirements/protocols.

Would we be able to host them again if the Big Ten picked up expenses?
I think everyone’s going to wait and see what happens to restrictions after the election.
No matter what happens, I wouldn’t expect a blue state to host this season. I think it’s more likely a school like Ohio State takes charge.

If that is true, it doesnt surprise me. Decisions addressing safety of PSU's athletes and students have not been their strong points of recent years and decades. So why not force the B1Gs hand and jeopardize the health of the fans as well so they can have full attendance? Either that or stand ground against the B1G with an all or nothing attitude so they can show off their shiny facility to all and ring in the gate attendance receipts. Considering the current restrictions of the virus and nobody allowing full capacity in any venue, this supposed stance is so Penn State.

If that is true, it doesnt surprise me. Decisions addressing safety of PSU's athletes and students have not been their strong points of recent years and decades. So why not force the B1Gs hand and jeopardize the health of the fans as well so they can have full attendance? Either that or stand ground against the B1G with an all or nothing attitude so they can show off their shiny facility to all and ring in the gate attendance receipts. Considering the current restrictions of the virus and nobody allowing full capacity in any venue, this supposed stance is so Penn State.
I think you’re misinterpreting their standpoint. They don’t want to host it this year. They want to put the onus on someone else and host the championships in a future year when full capacity is allowed so they can reap the monetary benefits.

I think you’re misinterpreting their standpoint. They don’t want to host it this year. They want to put the onus on someone else and host the championships in a future year when full capacity is allowed so they can reap the monetary benefits.
Nobody wants it with no fans.No school shouldve to host it without fans.It should be moved to a neutral site this year if it happens

I didnt misinterpret. I covered that as an alternate reason in regards to collecting gate receipts. Someone has to host it, and it's their turn. They should host it and the B1G can possibly award a sooner, future date if attendance is restricted. If the B1G championships were cancelled this year (and it was real close to it I bet), I doubt Rutgers would be awarded 2021 and bump PSU from hosting.

Let Minnesota host The B1G Championships at US Bank Stadium...Spread 4 mats evenly apart and run the Tournament as always..Every bout is already streamed so fans can watch whole Tournament online.., No fans allowed (same as Vikings game)...The B1G has enough money to cover the costs.

Last edited:
Let's hope there are tournaments this year. Some of the top coaches (Bono, Koll, and others) wonder if there will be a national tourney.

RBY just announced he has COVID. Another reason the season is in doubt

RBV is just one more marble dropped in the positive jar. I'm thinking as long as there arent many major, cluster outbreaks, there is a better chance of a season than not. Life needs to go on. Sports are a part of that. MLB, NFL, NCAA have been able to compete in light of positive cases without being in a bubble. But by using quick (hopefully) tactics to mitigate the spread, outbreaks can be curtailed. Where teams (reportedly Wisconsin football) try and skirt around the problem by supposedly playing positive players is the type of idiocy that will put a season in doubt. If that is true, Wisconsin should be heavily penalized or sanctions levied against them for their actions.

ADVERTISEMENT