ADVERTISEMENT

Postponed Games

There was some news yesterday about rescheduling some of the games that the Michigan men missed but I didn't see anything about the women, or about our women.

There is room in our schedule between the PSU and Ohio State game. Unfortunately, though, the other team with a thin record is a strong #11 Michigan team so that is the likely make-up. (And we have to recognize that Barnes-Arico has had CVS's number ever since her St. John's days.)

There is room in our schedule between the PSU and Ohio State game. Unfortunately, though, the other team with a thin record is a strong #11 Michigan team so that is the likely make-up. (And we have to recognize that Barnes-Arico has had CVS's number ever since her St. John's days.)
CVS is 5:3 vs Michigan since joining the Big Ten.

So looking at the schedule it appears they won't be making up the missed games but with 3 games remaining we should easily go 2-1 if not 3-0 and put us in a good place heading into the big ten tournament and into the NCAA's

Reactions: MADHAT1
So looking at the schedule it appears they won't be making up the missed games but with 3 games remaining we should easily go 2-1 if not 3-0 and put us in a good place heading into the big ten tournament and into the NCAA's
If we play the way we have these last 5 games , we go 3-0

I have not seen any word on making up any of the postponed games?

RU women's basketball has tweeted this AM that the postponed game against PSU will be made up on Mar 2 at the RAC. 5:30 PM

And the Ohio State game will be played on Friday Mar 5 at time to be announced.
So three more games = two vs PSU (away and home) and one vs OSU (home).

Not much chance to improve NCAA standings with those opponents even though OSU is ranked but can improve BigTen standings and can of course hurt NCAA seeding with losses....

Go RU!

Reactions: ChrisNalwasky
RU women's basketball has tweeted this AM that the postponed game against PSU will be made up on Mar 2 at the RAC. 5:30 PM

And the Ohio State game will be played on Friday Mar 5 at time to be announced.
So three more games = two vs PSU (away and home) and one vs OSU (home).

Not much chance to improve NCAA standings with those opponents even though OSU is ranked but can improve BigTen standings and can of course hurt NCAA seeding with losses....

Go RU!
But going 9-0 to finish the season after a 5 week break should turn some heads not to mention make The team more confident.

knock on wood--one game at a time; and after PSU just took out Ohio St, the games against them are no gimmes.

Wonder what the seeding criteria will be if teams tie.
The teams we are in contention for top four seed in the conference tournament include
Michigan and Indiana. Don't recall us playing either.

I think we want Maryland to beat Northwestern Sunday 2/28
then Northwestern to knock off Michigan 3/6.
Want Ohio State over Indiana today 2/27. tOSU back at home after two road losses
at Michigan and at Penn State. Then we want the Buckeyes road woes to continue at Rutgers 3/5.
And of course need the Scarlet Knights to win the back to back Penn State games.
As mentioned above Penn State at home just knocked off Ohio State

If Rutgers wins out will be 10-3 for a conference winning % of .769
Michigan at 8-3 only has @Northwestern 3/6 on the schedule. A win puts them 9-3 for a win % of .750. Unless I missed something! Why are the Wolverines not playing mid-week?
(Why did the league add at second PSU game for us when we haven't played Michigan?)
Indiana in second now but if they lose at Ohio State today 2/27 and to Iowa 3/3 they drop to 13-4 for a win % of .765. Still possible for Rutgers to have the second best win percentage in league games.
Would be great to be a 2 or 3 seed in conference tournament.

If Rutgers wins out will be 10-3 for a conference winning % of .769
Michigan at 8-3 only has @Northwestern 3/6 on the schedule. A win puts them 9-3 for a win % of .750. Unless I missed something! Why are the Wolverines not playing mid-week?
(Why did the league add at second PSU game for us when we haven't played Michigan?)
Indiana in second now but if they lose at Ohio State today 2/27 and to Iowa 3/3 they drop to 13-4 for a win % of .765. Still possible for Rutgers to have the second best win percentage in league games.
Would be great to be a 2 or 3 seed in conference tournament.
Yes 2 or 3 seed would be great in the conference tourney, but I am just hoping RU holds serve and doesn't lose. Not counting on any other team to help. (The way tOSU looked the other day, I would not count on them beating Indiana. )
What is even weirder about Michigan's schedule is that their game vs Minn scheduled tomorrow has been cancelled - due to COVID. But MN webpage says it is COVID issue with MN and not MI.
That cancellation has 2/27 date so maybe they did not know enough in advance. So just having the NW game ahead is crazy for them who are also trying to build up their resume for NCAA seeding.

Maybe the BigTen is trying to keep the PSU -RU rivalry hot? Makes little sense to play PSU 2x and somebody else of higher ranking (and apparently available) not at all. I doubt the BigTen is trying to help RU's overall record or conversely putting in position so the NCAA punishes RU for lousy schedule (by not playing enough ranked teams). How much say do the ADs from individual schools have in this? Maybe MI did not want to travel to RU and vice versa? Maybe there is an issue with MI health as well?
We may never know?

GO RU!

Yes 2 or 3 seed would be great in the conference tourney, but I am just hoping RU holds serve and doesn't lose. Not counting on any other team to help. (The way tOSU looked the other day, I would not count on them beating Indiana. )
What is even weirder about Michigan's schedule is that their game vs Minn scheduled tomorrow has been cancelled - due to COVID. But MN webpage says it is COVID issue with MN and not MI.
That cancellation has 2/27 date so maybe they did not know enough in advance. So just having the NW game ahead is crazy for them who are also trying to build up their resume for NCAA seeding.

Maybe the BigTen is trying to keep the PSU -RU rivalry hot? Makes little sense to play PSU 2x and somebody else of higher ranking (and apparently available) not at all. I doubt the BigTen is trying to help RU's overall record or conversely putting in position so the NCAA punishes RU for lousy schedule (by not playing enough ranked teams). How much say do the ADs from individual schools have in this? Maybe MI did not want to travel to RU and vice versa? Maybe there is an issue with MI health as well?
We may never know?

GO RU!
RU called up PSU and PSU agreed to this on short notice

Not sure how short notice this was. When the women resumed play, the radio crew said during the very first game that the only game likely to get made up was PSU, because it was a driving trip. For a while there, Stringer was talking about an "NBA-like" schedule of playing 3 games a week during February, but we all know that didn't happen. So confusing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT