ADVERTISEMENT

Poznanski—AWN All Rookie Team

Just looking at that hurts. Schultz and Ferrari , my God what could have been.

Ok. My bad. He is just so inexperienced I considered him a rookie
Turley spent his true freshman season backing up... B. Donner for w.e reason. ?______? (Truly don’t get this) ??????

Then almost spent his true sophomore season backing up Grello for w.e reason even after teching minny guy.. if it wasn’t for a late wrestle off.... maybe we value seniority too much? Put the guy in with most upside...

Turley spent his true freshman season backing up... B. Donner for w.e reason. ?______? (Truly don’t get this) ??????

Then almost spent his true sophomore season backing up Grello for w.e reason even after teching minny guy.. if it wasn’t for a late wrestle off.... maybe we value seniority too much? Put the guy in with most upside...

My thought too. Were they (Donner and Grello) better than Turley those years? Based on what I saw of Turley when he's on the mat, it is hard to believe it.

Agreed and said by me plenty of times.

Agreed and said by me plenty of times.
So much more to just then results in the room. Coaches make decisions based on lots of factors. Maybe at the time Turley wasn't doing everything right. So by putting him in your showing him that I don't have to do everything right. When your weight isn't right and your training 15 lbs over and everyone else is 7 over who do you think is gonna win.
I love Turley he's one of my favorite guys on the team but he wasn't ready that's why he wasn't the guy.

So much more to just then results in the room. Coaches make decisions based on lots of factors. Maybe at the time Turley wasn't doing everything right. So by putting him in your showing him that I don't have to do everything right. When your weight isn't right and your training 15 lbs over and everyone else is 7 over who do you think is gonna win.
I love Turley he's one of my favorite guys on the team but he wasn't ready that's why he wasn't the guy.
I was going to go into possible explanations, but I didnt. Him not being ready was one of them and probably most likely the case. His talent level was/is beyond anyone in his weight class. But his wild and sometimes reckless style (which I enjoy), made me think the coaching staff needed to work on some things.

Didn't Turley have trouble making weight? I do agree that when he went 174 he should have been given more opportunity.

I was going to go into possible explanations, but I didnt. Him not being ready was one of them and probably most likely the case. His talent level was/is beyond anyone in his weight class. But his wild and sometimes reckless style (which I enjoy), made me think the coaching staff needed to work on some things.
Agree and they handled him perfectly if you ask me.

Agree and they handled him perfectly if you ask me.
This makes a lot of sense, and speaks highly of our coaches' ability to develop wrestlers! Turley will be awesome in years to come! His injury from the nationals is all healed?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT