ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for B10 Conference Awards

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
The B10 has about a week left of its season, and the top four teams are likely set with 1. MD, 2. IND, 3. Michigan, with RU likely to slip in at #4.

B10 names 10 players to the first team, 10 to the second team, and 10+ to HM.

Here are the players picked preseason for first team all B10:

Grace Berger, Jr., G, Indiana
Ali Patberg, Sr., G, Indiana
Monika Czinano, Jr., F/C, Iowa
Ashley Owusu, So., G, Maryland
NAZ HILLMON, Jr., F, Michigan
Nia Clouden, Jr., G, Michigan State
Veronica Burton, Jr., G, Northwestern
LINDSEY PULLIAM, Sr., G, Northwestern
DORKA JUHÁSZ, Jr., F, Ohio State
ARELLA GUIRANTES, Sr., G, Rutgers

POY: Preseason split between Hillmon, Pulliam, Guirantes

Predictions:

1st team:
The preseason list of 10 is actually a pretty good list; the problem is there are at least (in my estimation) six other players who have a case: Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Leigha Brown (Michigan), Mackenzie Holmes (Indiana), Diamond Miller (MD), Diamond Johnson (RU), and Jay Sheldon (Ohio St).

Of the preseason top 10, I would say only Patberg and Pulliam are having below par seasons. So an easy fix is to put Clark in for Pulliam; and have Holmes replace her teammate Patberg. But then I think it's weird to have MD with only 1 player on the first team, and Diamond Miller has been spectacular, so I'll have Miller take...Cziano's spot, who is scoring well but has mediocre rebounding numbers. So in short, my first team is:

1. Berger, Indiana; 2. Holmes, Indiana; 3. Clark, Iowa, 4. Owusu, MD, 5. Miller, MD; 6. Clouden, Mich St; 7. Burton, NW, 8. Juhasz, Ohio State; 9. Guirantes, RU, 10. HIllmon Mich

2nd team: 1. Cziano (Iowa), 2. Sheldon (Ohio St), 3. Diamond Johnson (RU), 4. Leigha Brown (Mich); 5. Pulliam (Northwestern), 6. Imani Lewis (Wisconsin), 7. Sam Haiby (Nebraska), 8. Johnasia Cash (Penn State); 9. Benzan (MD); 10. Jasmine Powell (Minnesota)

Some names for HM: Patberg, Indiana; Kayana Traylor, Purdue; Tekia Mack, RU, Sydney Hillard, Wisc; Isabelle Bourne, Nebraska; McKenna Warnock, Iowa; Chloe Bibby, MD; Sydney Wood, Northwestern

POY: Hillmon (Clark and Owusu also have a slot, but I think HIllmon gets it)
FOY: Clark
COY: Frese
DPOY: Burton

I would say that Diamond Johnson is spectacular and very mature for a freshman. By the time she graduates, she will be one of the greatest players in Rutgers history.

Clark the freshmen from Iowa is the best player in the B1G scoring over 30 points in multiple games.Her 3 point shooting is spectacular.

ADVERTISEMENT