ADVERTISEMENT

Premier League is back. Who you got?

Everton very lucky to come away with a point today. Man City is a beast but wasted way to many chances. Doesn't get easier for The Publics Club vs Chelsea on Sunday.

Last edited:
Rooney!!!
Jeffrey-Jones-Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off-645x370.jpg

Reactions: ntlrock1
Good start for the PL in the Champs League - 4 wins and a draw. Some pretty exciting play from those clubs as well. Huge win for Spurs in the Group of Death.

Before today's match NBC Sports aired a show called Promoted. It was about Huddersfield Town. Great story about a small club in a small town winning a promotion.
Newcastle United officially up for sale.

In a way I'm glad Arsenal lost to Watford. Maybe we FINALLY make the change. Ugh.

Before today's match NBC Sports aired a show called Promoted. It was about Huddersfield Town. Great story about a small club in a small town winning a promotion.
Newcastle United officially up for sale.
So they are a movin' on up?

Watford is one of the surprises so far. Everton and West Ham have been disappointments.

Crystal Palace finally scored and beat Chelski

COYS!!!!!

Spurs looked uninspired vs. Bournmouth, but managed to come away with 3.
Really looking forward to tomorrow's game at Real. No Dele Alli for us. Can we come away with a point? Tall order.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game at Real. No Dele Alli for us. Can we come away with a point? Tall order.

Would feel a lot better about getting a point tomorrow if Spurs had a healthy LWB. Playing 4 at back with Vertonghen at LB is ok against Bournemouth, but certainly not the way we want to set up versus Real and even though Rose made the trip he's certainly not ready to play a major role yet. A healthy Dembele would help solidify the center of the pitch too.

Would feel a lot better about getting a point tomorrow if Spurs had a healthy LWB. Playing 4 at back with Vertonghen at LB is ok against Bournemouth, but certainly not the way we want to set up versus Real and even though Rose made the trip he's certainly not ready to play a major role yet. A healthy Dembele would help solidify the center of the pitch too.

Its going to be tough to get anything there. Looks like Fox Sports was going to televise it but now are advertising baseball. So I assume its now on Fox 2 which I don't have. Ben out and Danny not in shape to play a full 90 hurts. Also Dele is still out due to suspension, he will be back for the return match at Wembley. Bale looks like he might miss both matches.

If you have not yet done so, look for the highlights from Man City's 7-2 thrashing of Stoke this past week. At least 4-5 of City's goals were magnificent.

Man City is playing out of this world!

City is the class of the league. ManU went up against their toughest opponent in Liverpool this past weekend and basically parked the bus, boring match from Jose, again. They have the horses, not sure why he played that strategy against a Liverpool team that concedes goals.

Spurs have a tough stretch coming up, looking to see how they respond to it.

Kevin De Bruyne's passing was as good as I have ever seen from an individual in a single game.
I dont follow soccer, but was on business a couple yesrs ago, and stayed at same hotel as the watford team. This was right before moving up to premier division. Seemed likke a great bunch of guys and very humble.

Gladly root for them now when i can!!

Newcastle United is Officially up for sale. Should have been doNE 2 years ago. Worst owner in EPL

Time for Harry to start scoring some goals at home! I know wembley is for some reason tough, or at least in the heads of the Spurs, or maybe it's just dumb (un)luck! Either way, he's a beast and one of the best!!

I'm loving the additions of Aurier and Sanchez. Kyle who?

Today's game vs RMA is in Spain, and that's probably a good thing. I'll take a draw all day!

Let's go Hotspur

Last edited:
Time for Harry to start scoring some goals at home! I know wembley is for some reason tough, or at least in the heads of the Spurs, or maybe it's just dumb (un)luck! Either way, he's a beast and one of the best!!

I'm loving the additions of Aurier and Sanchez. Kyle who?

Today's game vs RMA is in Spain, and that's probably a good thing. I'll take a draw all day!

Let's go Hotspur

Good call. you got your draw. Great result for Spurs. Also Dortmund and Apoel played to a draw which helps in the standings in group H also.

Good call. you got your draw. Great result for Spurs. Also Dortmund and Apoel played to a draw which helps in the standings in group H also.

Love the result from today. Especially with Apoel - Dortmund game. Dortmund has simply not taken care of business in European play this season.

Spurs got it right yesterday. A draw is all they needed (especially with Dortmund result). Hugo was sensational and it seems Poch has learned his lessons in European play and adjusts his tactics and approach appropriately.

Spurs got it right yesterday. A draw is all they needed (especially with Dortmund result). Hugo was sensational and it seems Poch has learned his lessons in European play and adjusts his tactics and approach appropriately.

Young Harry Winks played well on the big stage, that was good to see. Great experience for all the young spurs.

Great result for Spurs considering no Dele, Mousa, Davis, or Wanyama. Also, Jan was playing out of position and Christian played poorly (i thought). Hugo played out of his mind. Awesome save on Benzema's header. I thought Sissoko played his best game as a Spur. I was ready to boot his ass out of N London last year, but got to give Poch credit for sticking with him. Great to see Rose back in action. Love to see us win this group and get a favorable round of 16 match-up. On to Liverpool!

While Spurs looked uninspired some of the British commentators called the goalies save, the best of the year!

Like Bournemouth's jersey! Very RU like!

Yesterday was an incredible result for Spurs, especially considering that in RMA's last 24 UCL group stage games played at the Bernabeu, they have now won 21, drawn 3 and lost none. Loved the way Aurier and Sissoko were playing off each other. Winks, Sanchez and Alderweireld were all great, and I thought Jan played out of his mind save for an early mistake.

Well. What more can be said? I got everything I asked for. A draw @ RMA, backed by a solid showing. And some home goals from Kane in a drubbing of Liverpool. People are getting healthy. The top players are all contributing as top players should. The depth players are even contributing quite nicely. Not to be understated, Hugo Lloris’ performances have been massive. I’m quite the happy Hotspur fan :cool2: Them Saints be marching right in!!

No comments on Spurs' CL win over RMA?! Incredible performance to qualify for the round of 16 and end RMA's 30 game CL group stage unbeaten streak. Hopefully Toby isn't out too long with the hammy.

Also, **** Casemiro. I don't know how he gets away with his theatrics game after game, let alone gets awarded with a foul.

No comments on Spurs' CL win over RMA?! Incredible performance to qualify for the round of 16 and end RMA's 30 game CL group stage unbeaten streak. Hopefully Toby isn't out too long with the hammy.

Also, **** Casemiro. I don't know how he gets away with his theatrics game after game, let alone gets awarded with a foul.
Great result. Spurs played great, but something is definitely up with Real. My favorite line from the announcers came after Christian's goal. "Who needs Kane, when you've got the Dane!".
Hugo out at least 2 weeks with groin. No timeline yet for Toby's hamstring. Anxiously awaiting Wanyama's return. Dier makes me nervous as hell, and I'd like to see Victor back there to sure up the defense.
Read an interesting stat last week. Do you know who has the most assists on Kane goals in the past year? I guessed Christian. Wrong. Dele? Nope.
It's Tripper. He has been brilliant. Kyle Who? Or should I say 50 million pound Kyle who?
Take care of Palace, then can't wait to shred the Gunners

I think us Spurs fans are still in shock. We played a great match. Hugo got hurt too, he will be out for Crystal Palace this weekend also. But yes, Toby cannot get back fast enough. He is huge for our defense. He reads the game so well.

What was up with Moussa Dembele? He came in late and tried to fight everyone on Real. He is lucky o only get a yellow card. Uncalled for in my eyes.

Dier makes me nervous as hell, and I'd like to see Victor back there to sure up the defense.
Read an interesting stat last week. Do you know who has the most assists on Kane goals in the past year? I guessed Christian. Wrong. Dele? Nope.
It's Tripper. He has been brilliant. Kyle Who? Or should I say 50 million pound Kyle who?
Take care of Palace, then can't wait to shred the Gunners

Agreed on Dier -- love him as a defensive mid but he seems to get caught out of position too often when he is slotted in at CB. Also, that stat is crazy. I would've never guessed Trips over Eriksen, but the man knows how to put in a cross.

I think us Spurs fans are still in shock. We played a great match. Hugo got hurt too, he will be out for Crystal Palace this weekend also. But yes, Toby cannot get back fast enough. He is huge for our defense. He reads the game so well.

What was up with Moussa Dembele? He came in late and tried to fight everyone on Real. He is lucky o only get a yellow card. Uncalled for in my eyes.

Luckily Vorm is one of the best backup keepers in the league. Notwithstanding, the international break is coming at a good time. Dembele was definitely lucky not to get a red on that tackle. I think he went in hard on Ramos as payback for his earlier antics.

I said it about 12 years ago in this thread. If the Spurs keep their core together as they enter their prime (Kane, Alli, Ericksen) they will get better and better - they are all world class. I'm not a huge fan of Lloris, but the Alderweireld injury is worrisome. Their center D is good and very underrated IMO.

I said it about 12 years ago in this thread. If the Spurs keep their core together as they enter their prime (Kane, Alli, Ericksen) they will get better and better - they are all world class. I'm not a huge fan of Lloris, but the Alderweireld injury is worrisome. Their center D is good and very underrated IMO.

Poch is a key too, keep him and the core and you have something special. Winks is really opening some eyes too. Doing a nice job in the middle of the pitch. I like the back 3 of Toby, Sanchez, and Jan. Those three allow the right and left wings to fly up and down the pitch more freely in the attack.

Very surprised at the Arsenal/Spurs result. Spurs really couldn't get
anything going.

My Blues looked fantastic against undermanned West Brom. They fired their coach today.

Man City keeps rolling. Not sure how bad Stones injury is but their back line has taken a small hit with him and Otamendi injury.

Glad I missed the Spurs match. Saw the result and deleted the dvr.

They do have days like that. Champions league tomorrow. At least we know they are onto the knockout round.

Newcastle United is Officially up for sale. Should have been doNE 2 years ago. Worst owner in EPL
I will refrain from arguing with your post, because you said “owner”, which implies one person. The Hammers have the worst ownership in the EPL, but it is 2 people.

Reactions: demauroj
Arsenal fan here to gloat about Saturday. Finally look good, hope they can make squeeze into the top 4. Also hoping Sanchez will be back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT