ADVERTISEMENT

Prescription for this Team

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
As a preface, IMO this is a very athletic team. They are not pure shooters, but can all shoot well when the team gets into a rhythm.
I am going to repeat what I posted after the Maryland debacle & before the Indiana win.
The key for this team is Mad Dog in your jock, in your face Defense, and when in some variation of a zone to be Quick, Quick, Quick. Did I mention Quick? The same mindset has to apply on the D board. They can't just come out & play defense. They have to play Mad Dog Defense. When they do they will get fast breaks & run. They then will get into a rhythm & play loose. They will not think but play & enjoy it. And their shots will fall. That's what they did mid way through the 1st half in the Indiana game. When they play like this they can win most games, when they don't they won't win most games.
I'm not an x's & o's basketball guy, but I know athletics & know what I'm looking at.

I agree. Hindsight is 20/20, but Steve should have had us come out and press against Nebraska to generate energy and engagement. Instead we weren’t ready and it was over early.

Our defense does not resemble what I witnessed from behind the bench last year
Adjusted defensively efficiency has gone from #9 to #19. Offense has stayed the same.

we have had our moments that balances out a little bit of what your and my eyes see.

Michigan state 2nd game surely skews numbers

Adjusted defensively efficiency has gone from #9 to #19. Offense has stayed the same.

we have had our moments that balances out a little bit of what your and my eyes see.

Michigan state 2nd game surely skews numbers

A lot of very very good defensive stretches have been wasted because we didn’t put the ball in the hole

The Michigan game is a perfect example....they scored two baskets in 8 minutes in the second half and we could Not score...had we scored ...that would have been a 1-2 possession game with a couple of minutes to go and everyone would have been talking about how shut down the d was when we needed it

Same thing with Iowa On the road.....

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
Our defense does not resemble what I witnessed from behind the bench last year
I don’t think we have a bench , just chair/ . From behind those chairs you’re really only seeing the first half of defense well. The second half is at the other end of the floor and probably better viewed behind the Visitor chairs or tv .

From behind our bench I hear the huddles, the instructions from assistants, and players talking to each other.
Quite a treat.
Pike is all about the next D stop Dad!
Beautiful thing to watch, the reserves at the end of the bench are very engaged calling out O sets and D sets

how about come out and get a stop on defense for once and not dig a hole, how about make a freakin layup to start the game, how about not getting a foul in the first minute of play.
How about some emotion at the beginning of games along with a set play on offense that results in a open shot and a basket.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
ADVERTISEMENT