ADVERTISEMENT

President Trump Spoke To BigTen Commissioner Kevin Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said whining. You knew why you asked the question. Implying he should be doing something else. Don’t be mad that he saved the B1G. Just Be happy we will have more football to watch.

I didn't ask the question because I'm not Knight Shtt. You said he was upset ...just like you were when you were asking idiotic rhetorical questions. Like I said all along and you weakly tried denying.

This is massive for Trump politically for re-election. B1G country is a bunch of swing states and these states LIVE for B1G football. If Trump can even loosely take credit for getting these people football back he will literally be a god to them. Trump gives no F about PAC 12 cuz it's mostly California schools where he will lose by such a large margin it don't matter. don't be fooled, this is all for politics.

If they're gonna let these threads survive, posts that may have inconvenient facts to a certain side or a certain person kinda have to survive. If not, they could always do the easier thing, which is auto lock this stuff, this post included.

And before this one goes, safety with regard to this virus is by nature not a political matter.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
This is out of Warren's hands: the presidents and chancellors will make this decision.
Alright Rutgers fans lets start hitting the phones and email and call communicate with President Holloway. We want football this fall. Lets do this!

I didn't ask the question because I'm not Knight Shtt. You said he was upset ...just like you were when you were asking idiotic rhetorical questions. Like I said all along and you weakly tried denying.
Lol. I just assumed he responded. I didn’t realize you were his secretary or kept track of his feelings. You must be so sad there will be more football. Beautiful, Glorious, Fantastic football. They should have a member of the Trump family do the coin toss at each venue that first week. Glorious.

I guess Trump heard the B1G plans on playing this season after all.

He wouldn't have called otherwise because then he'd look inept if they didn't play the season.

But now he can take full credit for getting the league to play when they do. And you can be sure he will. Typical Trump.

He'll call the PAC12 commissioner if and when he gets confirmation that they too plan on playing as well.

False. There are actually those of us who believe it's the right decision ...or an understandable one. I'd love to have cfb to watch, but was never anticipating it and don't think the grassroots crying campaign is going anywhere. I couldn't care less about some perceived impact on politics. Other sports have been a joke; I don't expect a very good cfb season no matter what.

Actually, some of the people complaining loudest now were also among those speaking loudest about how there wouldn't be a cfb season at all this year. They seem to think blindly following the southern conferences is suddenly the right thing. Excuse others for not seeing it that way.

It may ultimately have been the right decision. People are pissed (and rightfully so) that the B1G:

a. threw their hands up and cancelled (not postponed) so quickly when this is a very fluid situation.

b. immediately proposed a "winter/spring" season as soon as the other conferences didn't follow suit which indicated some waffling on their part.

c. have not been completely transparent from the get go as to how this decision was reached among the presidents/chancellors in coordination with the commissioner.

My take has always been this. Nevermind "blindly following the southern conferences." As long as the service academies are determined to try and find a way to play, so should the B1G. If Army and Navy pack it in and think there's no way it can be done, then I'd be fine with the B1G shutting it down for the season.

Last edited:
False. There are actually those of us who believe it's the right decision ...or an understandable one. I'd love to have cfb to watch, but was never anticipating it and don't think the grassroots crying campaign is going anywhere. I couldn't care less about some perceived impact on politics. Other sports have been a joke; I don't expect a very good cfb season no matter what.

Actually, some of the people complaining loudest now were also among those speaking loudest about how there wouldn't be a cfb season at all this year. They seem to think blindly following the southern conferences is suddenly the right thing. Excuse others for not seeing it that way.
We are going to have to agree to disagree. I turned on the TV this weekend and saw many high school football games on TV (north and south). Then I watched the college game at night. I kept saying to myself the B1G really jumped the gun. Even NJ will be playing high school football in a few weeks. We are at the point where we have to learn to live with it. Plus the financial loss to the B1G not playing has to be weighing heavily on the schools right now.

Also, the NHL and golf have been great since they came back. Baseball has been a cluster and the NBA seems to be fine. In all looks positive to play for now.

Dude, I thought scarletdave and KF7 were the two most miserable libs on the board but you have them beat by a country mile. What the hell happened in your life to make you so miserable. It can't be because Trump is president, something more personal than that has to be responsible for what happened to you. Sorry you are so miserable, maybe when Rutgers is playing football again you will feel better!

With all the whining you've done here over the past couple years, calling someone else miserable is comical.

Biden responded to Trump trying to get the B1G to play this fall. "He's only doing this because these are swinger states with swingers and you know, with the covid, on a chilly day, how is that possible , come on man you know the thing"

I can't stand Knight Shtt; I merely found you lecturing him about asking questions downright hilarious. Thanks for conceding the point - now follow up with no more stupid questions.

I am quite happy ...because I'm eager to see what RU looks like. And the B1G and PAC are really the main leagues I watch. Also, more content to watch. All of which is quite different from your incessant whining that the pandemic took away all your toys .. I'd be happy regardless because my life doesn't revolve around teenagers playing a game.
For the 1000th time, it’s not about me. I know that’s hard to understand because you are selfish. It’s about all the small business owners getting crushed because of decisions that have NOTHING to do with science. But as long as Pelosi can visit a salon.....

He doesn't care about the PAC-12 and wants to push the B1G to play because they are in swing states. Has absolutely nothing to do with the good of the schools or the students. Just like a previous poster said, it's all about politics, just depends which side you're on.
Good. I am on the side they should play. LIke the players themselves. This has gotten so dumb.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
This is massive for Trump politically for re-election. B1G country is a bunch of swing states and these states LIVE for B1G football. If Trump can even loosely take credit for getting these people football back he will literally be a god to them. Trump gives no F about PAC 12 cuz it's mostly California schools where he will lose by such a large margin it don't matter. don't be fooled, this is all for politics.

Great strategic move and consistent with his approach to most everything else. Open it up, play. He said the same about every professional sports league and is saying the same about big time football.

It may ultimately have been the right decision. People are pissed (and rightfully so) that the B1G:

a. threw their hands up and cancelled (not postponed) so quickly when this is a very fluid situation.

b. immediately proposed a "winter/spring" season as soon as the other conferences didn't follow suit which indicated some waffling on their part.

c. have not been completely transparent from the get go as to how this decision was reached among the presidents/chancellors in coordination with the commissioner.

My take has always been this. Nevermind "blindly following the southern conferences." As long as the service academies are determined to try and find a way to play, so should the B1G. If Army and Navy pack it in and think there's no way it can be done, then I'd be fine with the B1G shutting it down for the season.
The service academies motto is “Adapt and overcome” maybe if more of the people on this board had a can do attitude like the service academies we Red hat wearing MAGA supporters wouldn’t think of you as cucks!

Always refreshing to read how some of our fans play the Gloom & Doom game.

Armin sounds like he’s disappointed if we play this Fall.

Rutgers would be better off playing in the Spring or Winter. We need all the time we can get to catch up to the competition. No doubt about that.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
the poster you referenced actually blamed red states for why we have no football...and this guy is the first to cry political in the threads

When the red states were blowing up I said they will likely cause the season to be cancelled, which almost happened and may still happen. I’m not even sure if I called them the “red states” or just the south, either way it was an easy way to group up the states that were blowing up at the time. What is the confusion again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT