ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling PREVIEW: Alvarez Out as Rutgers Prepares for the Big Ten Tournament

Lex Knapp

All Conference
Staff
Mar 27, 2018
It is Big Ten eve! Tomorrow morning kicks off the toughest conference tournament in the nation, as Rutgers wrestling will be competing for the first time in six weeks.

Nine Rutgers wrestlers will be vying for a spot in the national tournament. Rutgers will be without 157-lber Rob Kanniard, who is out due to COVID-19 protocol.

TKR has broken down the Big Ten tournament, giving weight-by-weight previews for this weekend. How will Rutgers wrestling fair this weekend? Click the link below!

Reactions: mikemessner
giphy.gif

Where do you see us finishing? Another 12th pace finish? Yiippe Ki-Yay ...........!

Just because he can’t make 133 he should leave?
Kind of like all the doubters when I said cooperman wasnt going to leave, Campollatano was going to transfer in , suriano was leaving penn state. Bill, don't you find it kind of odd that one of our top wrestlers and a possible All-American doesn't make weight or at least wasn't conscious about his weight. Doesn't show too much self-awareness or desire to be a champion or honor the Rutgers program. I would love to hear your response

• Wow
Reactions: njsportsphan
Yes it is disappointing that he did not make weight and he knew where he was weight-wise all week. I can’t get inside his head as to why or how he felt. He has had trouble all year which is why he only wrestled 3 bouts and would not have wrestled against Maryland had we had a meet. Rackets as you know, wrestling is a brutal sport mentally and physically. Sammy loves wrestling and RU has done everything they can to make his time here the best it could be. Because his mind or body is telling him, you can’t make 133 anymore is not a reason for him to leave RU and go to another college not to make weight there! This has been a tough year for him and all wrestlers but I feel Sammy will show up in an RU singlet either at 149 or maybe challenging Boone McDermott at 285 if he can stuff enough food in that belly.

RUCrackhead showing up for his weekly trolling. Try not to take the bait.

Those questions do not bother me. Sammy is a great kid and is frustrated as we are that he cannot compete at 133 on the mat. People should not mistake that failure to make 133 with dissatisfaction with RU wrestling. Two different things.

Reactions: MS-RU and DUForever
ADVERTISEMENT