ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Preview: RUWrestling takes on No. 4 OSU

Lex Knapp

All Conference
Staff
Mar 27, 2018
Rutgers wrestling is on a Big Ten road trip this weekend, as Coach Goodale and his team kick things off with Ohio State tonight at 7:00 PM. Rutgers will come in as the underdog, as they put their undefeated streak on the line against the third ranked team in the nation.

There are a number of toss up bouts, most of which Ohio State will be favored in. If the Buckeyes do win a major of those toss-ups, the score could get out of hand. But if Rutgers sweeps those 50/50 bouts, and pulls out an upset or two, the Scarlet Knights could pull off the upset.

Click the link below to see what TKR thinks about tonight’s dual, in our bout-by-bout breakdown!
https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/preview-rutgers-wrestling-to-take-on-ohio-state-on-friday-night

Rutgers wrestling is on a Big Ten road trip this weekend, as Coach Goodale and his team kick things off with Ohio State tonight at 7:00 PM. Rutgers will come in as the underdog, as they put their undefeated streak on the line against the third ranked team in the nation.

There are a number of toss up bouts, most of which Ohio State will be favored in. If the Buckeyes do win a major of those toss-ups, the score could get out of hand. But if Rutgers sweeps those 50/50 bouts, and pulls out an upset or two, the Scarlet Knights could pull off the upset.

Click the link below to see what TKR thinks about tonight’s dual, in our bout-by-bout breakdown!
https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/preview-rutgers-wrestling-to-take-on-ohio-state-on-friday-night

BTNPlus/Flo? Or is it on tv?

announcers are idiots...the called Donny Pritzlaff as Coach Goodale with a big graphic, then they talked about the program disappointment in Suriano not wrestling. NS is on Olympic year. please be more prepared

announcers are idiots...the called Donny Pritzlaff as Coach Goodale with a big graphic, then they talked about the program disappointment in Suriano not wrestling. NS is on Olympic year. please be more prepared
There’s the old Josh !

Welcome to B1G wrestling JoJo. No shame in losing to #1 but damn Pletcher is taking it to him.

JoJo attempted a few shots but didn't even come close to finishing but Pletcher just countered and scored on him every time.

I'd be fine if he just didn't call the mat a ring

Reactions: Leonard23
Angelo majored 16-7. Did nothing but get killed 1st two periods than in third Sasso tired and he got some takedowns. But again against the #6 wrestler so talent just wasn't there to keep it close.

8-0 OSU

Angelo majored 16-7. Did nothing but get killed 1st two periods than in third Sasso tired and he got some takedowns. But again against the #6 wrestler so talent just wasn't there to keep it close.

8-0 OSU
Angelo was a fantastic high school wrestler, no doubt. At the risk of sounding insulting (I'm not trying to be), he is going to be sub par Big 10 wrestler.

Angelo was a fantastic high school wrestler, no doubt. At the risk of sounding insulting (I'm not trying to be), he is going to be sub par Big 10 wrestler.
I wouldn’t give up on Angelo so fast. Kid is talented I’ve seen him since grade school. He’s a freshman lost to blue chip in sasso

I wouldn’t give up on Angelo so fast. Kid is talented I’ve seen him since grade school. He’s a freshman lost to blue chip in sasso
I'm not giving up on the kid. Just being honest about how I believe his career will play out wrestling in the Big 10. What do you envision for the youngin?

Strange to challenge that in a Donner match especially with some toss ups coming up. No more bricks.

I'm not giving up on the kid. Just being honest about how I believe his career will play out wrestling in the Big 10. What do you envision for the youngin?
Has beat some ranked kids and had some f ups. Expected for a freshman. He will have a tough time in Big wrestling this year but hope AA jr and sr year if he keeps the spot.

Angelo placed 7th in NJ states as a Sr and was not on flo’s 2018 big board top 100 recruit... now you compare that to Sasso who was #4 p4p class recruit and you can see a big disparity...

That being said Angelo has exceeded expectations and actually showed some fight vs a national title contender.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Donner loses majored 13-4. Still don't understand the challenge this one was never going to be close.

Donner was close to keeping it a decision but got taken down quickly after he got cut.

Donner loses majored 13-4. Still don't understand the challenge this one was never going to be close.
If Turley made weight we should just wrestle him at 165... there is more upside.. I don’t understand y his rs was pulled to be on bench..

Reactions: koleszar

He knew it was a potential swing match so he was grasping at straws to see if Donner could score a quick TD and shift the momentum..but it wasn't close.

Has beat some ranked kids and had some f ups. Expected for a freshman. He will have a tough time in Big wrestling this year but hope AA jr and sr year if he keeps the spot.
Not unrealistic in the least. I definitely hope you're right!

Angelo placed 7th in NJ states as a Sr and was not on flo’s 2018 big board top 100 recruit... now you compare that to Sasso who was #4 p4p class recruit and you can see a big disparity...

That being said Angelo has exceeded expectations and actually showed some fight vs a national title contender.
This is a bit subjective, IMHO, since everyone has their own expectations for the young man. For me, I'd say he's pretty much on course for what I expected.

He knew it was a potential swing match so he was grasping at straws to see if Donner could score a quick TD and shift the momentum..but it wasn't close.
Swing match? Really. Come on, save the brick for a toss up match. It was 1st period 30 secs. in.

Grello getting beat pretty good now 7-2 with two stalls already.

This is a bit subjective, IMHO, since everyone has their own expectations for the young man. For me, I'd say he's pretty much on course for what I expected.
when I say exceeded expectations I meant he’s starting and actually winning some matches.. has a ranked win too...
It is really hard to start for b10 school especially when u were not a highly touted recruit in hs..

Swing match? Really. Come on, save the brick for a toss up match. It was 1st period 30 secs. in.

Grello getting beat pretty good now 7-2 with two stalls already.
It really is interesting how biased some observers can be when it comes to predictions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT