ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Preview: RUWrestling takes on No. 4 OSU

Wow, a dominating performance from Aguilar! Great to see him bounce back and get back on track. Great job.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
OSU has the dual, but would be nice to send them home with 2 RU wins to end the meet

I think tonight was a good showing. Win 4 of 10 bouts and a 5th went to SV with a 197 guy wrestling heavyweight.

Some of the guys need to be better individually but we kept it respectable against the #5 team in the country in their gym, in a rebuilding year.

Didn't watch, but looks like we were respectable and like someone said the Correnti match would have made it really tight.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I think we overachieved tonight by winning 4 matches and it could have very easily been 5 if Correnti could have pulled it out while giving up 50-60 lbs.. No TFs or pins vs 2 #1 guys at their respective weights. Happy with our performance tonight. I think we beat MSU.

Dominating performance by Aguilar and Sammy is just on another level right now.

Missed the match as I had to attend a viewing tonight, but love that Alvarez/Aguilar absolutely crushed it at the end. Props to MVB and Janzer for grinding out wins as well as Correnti who almost pulled off a W moving up a weight. Alvarez will AA and Aguilar could blood round and possibly AA as well if the brackets align. Let's get a W vs Sparty on Sunday!!

Last edited:
Thought as a team we wrestled hard each match and really scrapped... Obviously we have lots to work on... But we can see the talent and ability... Just need experience...

very solid effort against a legit championship contender. With the current squad and what our lineup should look s like there is a lot to be expected going forward.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Could be because OSU has that announcer guy take his sweet time coming out before each match. Is this normal? I find it both annoying and a complete waste of everyone's time.

It is annoying and unnecessary. But on the bright side of things, those in attendance appear to be getting spelling lessons as they frequently go around the room and spell O-H-I-O.

Maybe that's the plan? Looking ahead to next year, Janzer looks pretty big at 184. We'll see how this plays out. $$$$

The coaches did say earlier this year that they were very surprise that Janzer was able to cut down. I could see him bumping up, which bumps Correnti up to heavy. That gives an open spot to Poz at 184 if he can earn it, or Scott can possibly move up as well if Poz goes the RS route.

Still a logjam at 157/165 though.

Reactions: dollarbill
Is Scott a Senior?
If Janzer goes 197 next year, do we have any other options besides Poz for 184?

This reply is absolutely unintelligible.

lol

giphy.gif

Angelo placed 7th in NJ states as a Sr and was not on flo’s 2018 big board top 100 recruit... now you compare that to Sasso who was #4 p4p class recruit and you can see a big disparity...

That being said Angelo has exceeded expectations and actually showed some fight vs a national title contender.

Angelo is not of Sasso’s caliber but let’s not downplay what he did in high school. He was a state champ as a freshman, 3rd place as a sophomore, 2nd as a junior after a pretty flukey 5 point lateral drop to Jake Benner in the finals, and then 7th as a senior.

He’s had some moments both good and bad here and has been ranked as a freshman. Keep in mind he also wasn’t going to be the day 1 starter, but took over the starting job due to an injury after transferring in.

I don’t think he AA’s in his career like someone else is predicting but I feel like he’s about what most of us thought he’d be.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Alvarez really impressed me. Decatur (Spelling) had nothing for him. It will be interesting to see him wrestle DeSanto. Desanto's pace is nothing you can prepare for. I think he will have a better chance against the other top 133 in the B10. INteresting to see how he does tomorrow. Revenge an open season loss. Also, Silva is back in the mix. B10 133 is crazy.

Reactions: brentx35
Alvarez really impressed me. Decatur (Spelling) had nothing for him. It will be interesting to see him wrestle DeSanto. Desanto's pace is nothing you can prepare for. I think he will have a better chance against the other top 133 in the B10. INteresting to see how he does tomorrow. Revenge an open season loss. Also, Silva is back in the mix. B10 133 is crazy.

Silva is another AA canidate at 133 for Michigan. He handled Pepple with ease and Sammy can get some revenge on Sunday. What a great weight class nationally and in the Big.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Silva is another AA canidate at 133 for Michigan. He handled Pepple with ease and Sammy can get some revenge on Sunday. What a great weight class nationally and in the Big.

Soooooo... Suriano and Micic redshirt.... Pletcher moves up to 141... And this weight in B1G is still stacked!!! Crazy...

Great showing by the young guys !

looking forward to the next 4 years of RU v OSU

Nico , Sammy, billy j all seems to have the upper hand on their respective OSU counterparts — heinsleman, Decatur, rocky

question is where do we get the other 2 / 3 wins to beat them ?

Can jojo beat kinner ? Def think it’s a possibility

can vulakh or kanniard beat cleary or smith going forward ? Wonder if poz is on the level of Gavin Hoffman ? Exciting times on the banks of the raritan!

I m certainly optimistic that it is a possibility that RU can steal a W over the next 4 years which would be a massive accomplishment!

Reactions: SCNJ and rpiseman
ADVERTISEMENT