ADVERTISEMENT

Program Vibe

satnom

All American
Jun 29, 2002
Ash and staff have changed the vibe and culture of the program. Reading the comments of players in the media there seems to be a common thread of constantly looking to improve no matter the gains. Knowing there is always an area for improvement. The bar has been set to compete and one day win the BIG East division and good things will come of that. The winner of the East Division will most years win the conference champ game and most years be in the CFP. This is the bar for the program and I'm loving it. Nice to just make a bowl game but that's not what the end goal is for the staff.

GO RU

Well said. Agree. And, there is more talent here than people think and this staff is hopefully going to bring it out.

Not according to our Monday morning coaches in the Green Lot....it's a 2 maybe 3 win year...put it this way...if Chris Laviano throws for 2600 and 22 tds with 7-8 interceptions ...how many do we win? if our defense moves to top 55-60- how many do we win?...if Ash and staff are really this well respected by some in the media which has ALWAYS been down on us ...are they just jumping on for kicks?...There is more to this team...are we going to win the BIG Eastern Division...no but we're going be respected guaranteed,

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Spoke to people (even as of today) working within Hale Center, RU football staff, and others and its palpable. Top to bottom people are really really excited about RU making the next step and they believe the steps they have already made are enormous. I got the feeling that many of the staff within Hale Center for the first time are seeing things come to life and the change is already happening.

I think the product on the field will surprise us (at times) this year with how far they've come. I think the question marks at QB and LB will limit this team on the upside, but there will be flashes of a very very competitive B1G team looking the part and doing things quite differently than in the past.

Not according to our Monday morning coaches in the Green Lot....it's a 2 maybe 3 win year...put it this way...if Chris Laviano throws for 2600 and 22 tds with 7-8 interceptions ...how many do we win? if our defense moves to top 55-60- how many do we win?...if Ash and staff are really this well respected by some in the media which has ALWAYS been down on us ...are they just jumping on for kicks?...There is more to this team...are we going to win the BIG Eastern Division...no but we're going be respected guaranteed,
If Rutgers can get That type of production from the team,they are definitely going to a bowl.

Spoke to people (even as of today) working within Hale Center, RU football staff, and others and its palpable. Top to bottom people are really really excited about RU making the next step and they believe the steps they have already made are enormous. I got the feeling that many of the staff within Hale Center for the first time are seeing things come to life and the change is already happening.

I think the product on the field will surprise us (at times) this year with how far they've come. I think the question marks at QB and LB will limit this team on the upside, but there will be flashes of a very very competitive B1G team looking the part and doing things quite differently than in the past.
This excites me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT