ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of the players

ClassOf02

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2010
They've played their guts out the last 4-5 weeks or so. Defense has been much improved in particular. While I don't think the coaching staff has done a great job of putting the players in positions to be successful, I do think the notion that Ash has lost the team should be put to rest.

Make no mistake -- if I had my choice, Ash & staff would not return. But the players gave it all they had. Have to at least appreciate that.

well said...agree...todays performance was all because of them in spite of the coaching staff. They played their hearts out today especially Gio, its too bad that they just fell short. Even though I really want this coaching staff fired. today it was good to see the players feel like they belong on the field in the Big 10

They've played their guts out the last 4-5 weeks or so. Defense has been much improved in particular. While I don't think the coaching staff has done a great job of putting the players in positions to be successful, I do think the notion that Ash has lost the team should be put to rest.

Make no mistake -- if I had my choice, Ash & staff would not return. But the players gave it all they had. Have to at least appreciate that.
Pretty much how I feel.

We have the players, the calls and personnel decisions on offense are maddening.

-Why is Shameen Jones a Fr. WR all 160 Lbs. of him being asked to block when we're trying to gain space from the one?
-Why are we trying to hammer Blackshear up the middle when he found success to the outside but was getting crushed up the gut.
-Why do we have Pacheco running outside when his best work was done on the inside?
-A misdirection play once in a while would have worked but we tried none except the one ill-advised trick play. If your going to call that, throw over the top not a mid-field pass.
-Why is Blackshear not being used as an outlet for a scrambling Resigno.

Last edited:
History has shown that trying to win without scoring is a prescription for utter failure in the B1G.Poor recruiting,lack of player development and mediocre coaching has resulted in a 1-11 record and the perception that the football program is one of the worse in the country.

History has shown that trying to win without scoring is a prescription for utter failure in the B1G.Poor recruiting,lack of player development and mediocre coaching has resulted in a 1-11 record and the perception that the football program is one of the worse in the country.

It’s reality

Reactions: lakejj
Agree with the op. This team showed tremendous character and grit. Gio left his heart out there as did many others. They fell short but represented rutgers with class and honor.

Reactions: Loyal-Son

Coaches have been working their asses off, too. Plenty of intensity & focus on the sidelines.

I may not like the results on the field, but can't criticize the effort. Hobbs needs to look at the staff structure and build an organization that can recruit better.

I think if McNulty gets a deeper bench of "his guys" on offense, we'll see better numbers. This crop of receivers is inexcusably awful; until we find the next Moses/Britt/Underwood/Sanu/Coleman-caliber trio, nothing is going to change on the scoreboard.

Players were trying hard to win - maybe a bit too hard. Gio looked to be pressing at the end. Thought RU should have gone for the 6 yards for the first instead of chucking ball 2x into a crowded red zone corner. Those passes were asking for trouble. Gio isn't Mahomes. I also scratched my head when RU was stuck near its own goal and ran long/slow play to the outside that was never going anywhere but the sideline (and the middle lane was wide open but RB went right passed it).

We have the players, the calls and personnel decisions on offense are maddening.

-Why is Shameen Jones a Fr. WR all 160 Lbs. of him being asked to block when we're trying to gain space from the one?
-Why are we trying to hammer Blackshear up the middle when he found success to the outside but was getting crushed up the gut.
-Why do we have Pacheco running outside when his best work was done on the inside?
-A misdirection play once in a while would have worked but we tried none except the one ill-advised trick play. If your going to call that, throw over the top not a mid-field pass.
-Why is Blackshear not being used as an outlet for a scrambling Resigno.
This
McNulty doesn’t use the personnel he does have correctly

I don't think McNulty has one WR he trusts to throw the ball to. Gio did a nice job getting Vokolek involved.

I’m wondering if at the end of the game Geo was told to throw rather than scramble and that’s part of the reason he was so distraught (and maybe angry) as to the way things turned out.

Yeah right... team improved and players played well in spite of the coaches efforts. You people are unbelievable

Players came to play today. Gio/(even the OL played light years ahead of where they have been) The DL was chasing Lombardi all over the field and stuffed the run, Fogg- WOW, Young - Wow, Hampton has played like a draft pick the 2nd half of the season, Wharton may have had his career best day...RB's always play hard but for the first time, it kind of looked like Blackshear only half hearted in blocking. Did I say the OL and DL- has to be mentioned again. Played lights out.

WR's- guys, please it looks like you guys are trying to cover the DB's. Why does Wormley and Heyek sit on the bench when no one else gets it done.

But yesterday, all we needed was for the refs to be neutral and we would have had a very big win.

Players came to play today. Gio/(even the OL played light years ahead of where they have been) The DL was chasing Lombardi all over the field and stuffed the run, Fogg- WOW, Young - Wow, Hampton has played like a draft pick the 2nd half of the season, Wharton may have had his career best day...RB's always play hard but for the first time, it kind of looked like Blackshear only half hearted in blocking. Did I say the OL and DL- has to be mentioned again. Played lights out.

WR's- guys, please it looks like you guys are trying to cover the DB's. Why does Wormley and Heyek sit on the bench when no one else gets it done.

But yesterday, all we needed was for the refs to be neutral and we would have had a very big win.
Three guys, Art is as unready to contribute as any player at this level I’ve ever seen.
Both Melton and Jones not far behind.
All three should have never seen the field in starting rolls.
Then there’s McNulty’s ass backwards use of Blackshear, sending him into the gut of that defense, how is it he doesn’t realize those should be IP’s touches?

Why will that level of incompetent personnel decisions change next year on offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT