ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Board previews RU wrestling

What I've learned from that preview, they still have asshat's on that site. Matter7172(from the start I always knew that guy was a dick) and @pawrestlersintn loves to come on here all nice. Then runs back to his dysfunctional circle jerk board to degrade. Guy is like the comic book character Two Face.

Not sure why the OP felt the need to even post that on here. And agree if Matter is let back on here, the moderator who lets him in should lose his job.

There is no doubt that Penn State is an outstanding team, have a great coach, and their record over the last 10 years maybe the best ever.

Unfortunately, many of their fans are classless. They love to bash other teams. Be it Rutgers, Iowa or Ohio State on a regular basis. What are they afraid of?

What's the definition of a cult? A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.

A cult describes many Penn State fans. It's sad especially when they can show class and win with dignity.

What I've learned from that preview, they still have asshat's on that site. Matter7172(from the start I always knew that guy was a dick) and @pawrestlersintn loves to come on here all nice. Then runs back to his dysfunctional circle jerk board to degrade. Guy is like the comic book character Two Face.
Welcome to college sports message boards.
  • Never realized they were meant to be nice. If you think that's bad, you should spend time on national level football boards.
  • Yes, I jab RU from time to time over there, but only because if you jab them here, you get put in timeout.
  • Every message board has asshats.
Interested in why you think our board is dysfunctional, though? Tons of good wrestling information, several really knowledgeable guys on HS recruiting (they run one of the high level East Coast tournaments), and outsiders are welcome. Yes, they're going to take some grief, but play along, instead of getting p-oed, and it'll be fine. Several of the best contributors are fans of other teams.

Good for you Husk. Lineup pre January is still up in the air. 225/33 has a bunch competing so that is hard to tell. 141 Lipari has a good mind set not thinking about who he wrestles but just go out and wrestle. 149 is a scramble also with 3 or 4 guys battling. Same with 157. 165 could be Donner or Turley and 174 Grello or Scott. 184 is Janzer or Scott and 197 is Pagano, Lightner or Correnti. Colucci is 285. Sorry could not be more specific

Good for you Husk. Lineup pre January is still up in the air. 225/33 has a bunch competing so that is hard to tell. 141 Lipari has a good mind set not thinking about who he wrestles but just go out and wrestle. 149 is a scramble also with 3 or 4 guys battling. Same with 157. 165 could be Donner or Turley and 174 Grello or Scott. 184 is Janzer or Scott and 197 is Pagano, Lightner or Correnti. Colucci is 285. Sorry could not be more specific
Is Glasgow in the mix at 157 or 165?

Look, matter is an idiot and many of them don't have anything good to say over there, but they aren't wrong with their assessment of the roster and this coming season. I'm very worried. Recruiting needs to really pickup.

This year will likely be a down year. Need to keep the recruiting momentum moving forward though. We are very close to becoming a hot program and making the jump to the top ten on a year in year basis. A couple surprises this year would help. Must continue to recruit better though. Last year was a great start.

Wasn't our recruiting class ranked 4th?
Yes, by 1 site, but you need more than 1 class, as we missed on 3 straight classes from 2015-17, and 2018 is trending similar to 2016. Thankfully, Suriano transferred in greatly improving the 2016 class. Which of the 2019 class are guaranteed 3x or 4x AAs and national champ contenders, like Suriano and Ashnault were? Maybe 1 and expecting all or most of them to pan out and contend for AA this year or next year is unrealistic. We need 4 of them to be multiple time AAs and can't miss on entire classes anymore. I mentioned this in this thread on pages 3 and 4:

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/wrestling-recruits.7546/page-3

The new facility and 2 national champs should help tremendously, but we need to start landing more of those elite recruits (multiple time AAs and national title contenders) in the 2020 and 2021 classes, and beyond.

Yes, by 1 site, but you need more than 1 class, as we missed on 3 straight classes from 2015-17, and 2018 is trending similar to 2016. Thankfully, Suriano transferred in greatly improving the 2016 class. Which of the 2019 class are guaranteed 3x or 4x AAs and national champ contenders, like Suriano and Ashnault were? Maybe 1 and expecting all or most of them to pan out and contend for AA this year or next year is unrealistic. We need 4 of them to be multiple time AAs and can't miss on entire classes anymore. I mentioned this in this thread on pages 3 and 4:

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/wrestling-recruits.7546/page-3

The new facility and 2 national champs should help tremendously, but we need to start landing more of those elite recruits (multiple time AAs and national title contenders) in the 2020 and 2021 classes, and beyond.

Having a wrestling center that guys want to come train at will also help to develop some of our non blue chippers. Keeping AA around to train and also having Bryce (not sure how much he's there) around helps a ton. Not confident we land AJ but it would keep momentum for the following year even if we have a down/rebuilding year.

Reactions: Leonard23
Having a wrestling center that guys want to come train at will also help to develop some of our non blue chippers. Keeping AA around to train and also having Bryce (not sure how much he's there) around helps a ton. Not confident we land AJ but it would keep momentum for the following year even if we have a down/rebuilding year.
Yes. SKWC and NJRTC wrestlers are key. Landing AJ would be huge for recruiting momentum and results, as he's a 4x AA and national title contender, but it doesn't look good.

Last edited:
Going to be tough but we have to keep recruiting in bad years. With AA and Suriano and all the hype it has to be an easier sell. This year looks like a lot less success and hype gotta keep kids wanting to come here.

Trust me, kids all over the country want to come here. We have to be selective.
I don't doubt that or our coaches' efforts but we need these type of elite recruits often. Who are we getting at that level? Where's our next Ashnault or Suriano?

Give these 2019 freshmen recruits a chance to justify that #4 ranking my friend. This year may be tough but future is bright. Plus they are all good character kids. Just my opinion.

Bill, give us predictions on which kids of the 2019 class wrestle and which kids redshirt.

That is hard to predict as to who is the most advanced and who we have at each weight. I would think Alvarez and Vulakh have a good shot. So does Turley

is it Safe to say the only weights where the lineup is set are
HW: Collucci
141: Lipari
174: Grello

Is Ashnalt training again after his injury?

Yes Ashnault is back training. Lipari vs JoJo will be a good battle. Mike Van Brill will be in a battle at 149 or 157.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT