ADVERTISEMENT

PSU ordered to pay out more to McQueary

PSU payouts now in the area of $100M, let alone legal costs and tons of lost good will. Sounds like a lot for something that many in HV still insist didn't happen or is overblown. They should fly their Nit Lion flags upside down for a few years.

PSU payouts now in the area of $100M, let alone legal costs and tons of lost good will. Sounds like a lot for something that many in HV still insist didn't happen or is overblown. They should fly their Nit Lion flags upside down for a few years.

Do you think they should have kept McQuery?

Was McQuery a victim?

Paterno did the exact same thing as McQuery. They passed the info to their superior.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerseylion109
spot on Zwicker.......

Could they have done more; certainly! PSU, JoePa and McQueary have all paid a very dear price for their mistakes (yes mistakes). I am of the firm belief that Rutgers missed a golden opportunity to gain some momentum over PSU but missed a golden opportunity. Oh and by the way PSU and the HV community lost many millions in lost revenue on top of paying out 100M. I'm sure that number is in the range of 200M.....if you doubt me notice the 110K stadium against MSU? it still had 5-10K empty seats for a team challenging for the conference title.

not spamming here just sharing my opinion as a Rutgers and PSU alumni

Actually it was Paterno who blocked the info from leaving the university for decades. Because Paterno protected Sandusky for decades dozens of children were raped. That is who he was in the real world.
My question on Paterno is why did he protect Sandusky for decades. Was it for the millions he made? Was it for the false God status that the Penn State fans bestowed upon Paterno? Or was Paterno just a pevert himself? Probably some combination of all three.

Actually it was Paterno who blocked the info from leaving the university for decades. Because Paterno protected Sandusky for decades dozens of children were raped. That is who he was in the real world.
My question on Paterno is why did he protect Sandusky for decades. Was it for the millions he made? Was it for the false God status that the Penn State fans bestowed upon Paterno? Or was Paterno just a pevert himself? Probably some combination of all three.

makes sense to me....people just had it wrong all along about Joe. kinda how they had it wrong about what actually happened on 9/11.

200.gif

That's actually the question I've always asked and the part that never made sense to me. Reporting Sandusky would have only made him look better. Unless the claims from the 1970s are legit, it makes no sense for him not to report the McQueary incident. It is one of the biggest reasons that I believe it is naive to think this was knowledge that was limited to seven people. It just doesn't add up.

Reactions: redking
Imagine what he would have made if he weren't a coward and actually stopped Jerry
Its easy for you to say with 20/20 hindsight he coulda did this, he coulda did that, yada, yada, yada. At the time McQuery was a graduate assistant under a legenday coach and Sandusky was a close friend and former assistant coach to Joepa. It would take a huge set of balls for him at that stage of his career to step in and stop what was going on. The press and the courts have not been kind to whistle blowers. There is a long history of WB's who have lost everything for doing the right thing and calling attention to wrongdoing. I think McQuery did what he thought was the right way to approach it and in the end it brought down the whole program and the school, for a time. He deserves every penny he gets.

Everyone should watch the film Spotlight, not only is it a really great movie but it gives you some great insight on how something like this happens.

Do you think they should have kept McQuery?

Was McQuery a victim?

Paterno did the exact same thing as McQuery. They passed the info to their superior.

You're asking me this why? Your read of what I posted finds some support for McQuery?? I could give 2 shitz about anything sympathetic to PSU, McQ or otherwise. The continued support from the Joebots is sad and creepy. The point I made is simple. PSU has paid a ton of cash for what a significant number of PSU fans STILL either deny happened or claim is overblown.

spot on Zwicker.......

Could they have done more; certainly! PSU, JoePa and McQueary have all paid a very dear price for their mistakes (yes mistakes). I am of the firm belief that Rutgers missed a golden opportunity to gain some momentum over PSU but missed a golden opportunity. Oh and by the way PSU and the HV community lost many millions in lost revenue on top of paying out 100M. I'm sure that number is in the range of 200M.....if you doubt me notice the 110K stadium against MSU? it still had 5-10K empty seats for a team challenging for the conference title.

not spamming here just sharing my opinion as a Rutgers and PSU alumni

No, NOT spot on. Joe Paterno really was McQueary's superior and a man who could have destroyed his future with a phone call. Paterno, on the other hand, had superiors on paper only and was, in fact, the most powerful man in Pennsylvania.

BIG difference.

Glad the cesspool has to pay up.

That's actually the question I've always asked and the part that never made sense to me. Reporting Sandusky would have only made him look better. Unless the claims from the 1970s are legit, it makes no sense for him not to report the McQueary incident. It is one of the biggest reasons that I believe it is naive to think this was knowledge that was limited to seven people. It just doesn't add up.

C'mon this stuff goes right up to top of our government - see Dennis Hastert former Speaker of the House - Podesta with Pizzagate - the Franklin Scandal/Coverup went right into Bush Sr's Whitehouse .

Sandusky was hooked up with Uncle Eddie Savitz in Philly - it's a cabal a ring. You start pulling the string and god only knows what you will find.

"Bucceroni told this reporter, “In 1979 and 1980—when I was 13 and 14 years old—a well-connected pedophile named Edward Savitz took me on trips from Philadelphia to TSM fundraisers. I knew the minute I got there it was a breeding ground because of Savitz’s involvement. While [Jerry] Sandusky interacted with wealthy donors, the other men were sizing-up kids. I felt like a cheap whore because I was in these naked pictures that Savitz was passing around.”

https://americanfreepress.net/web-e...-connected-to-philadelphia-pedophile-network/

Reactions: AshSaturday
No, NOT spot on. Joe Paterno really was McQueary's superior and a man who could have destroyed his future with a phone call. Paterno, on the other hand, had superiors on paper only and was, in fact, the most powerful man in Pennsylvania.

And that's why the saint of happy valley will forever be considered one of the world's greatest douchebags. I know I'll forever be grateful for Joe and his buddy Jerry injecting child molestation into the football conversation.

Reactions: thegock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT