ADVERTISEMENT

PSU thoughts

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Our last game was a barn burner at home. But, we play at their place this time and their conference record is misleading. They seem to be at the edge of figuring out how to win but then they were blown out by Minn.???.
I don't know if the players think about certain teams like many fans do. Fans always add an additional amount of pressure whenever we play PSU.
Our last win brings up, at least in my mind, the concern with us having to go to OT in the first place. I feel we should have been able to win in regulation and giving them a second chance is just rolling the dice.
Thoughts??

Rutgers went up double digits on PSU the last time they but let PSU back unto the game.

I'm worried about the PSU game.
I feel on the road games make the teams faults show a little more because at home a supporting fanbase sometimes gives the edge that a team needs to overcome
having the opponent use that weakness to their advantage.
PSU starting to play better will play a huge factor in the RU-PSU game at their house and having played before the Penn St team knows what it needs to do to win after playing RU earlier this season.
But their 20 point loss on 1/10 to the Minnesota team Rutgers beat in OT gives me a feeling that RU will take this road game.
How PSU ( does against Wisconsin (0-5 conference) 7-11will show if they are improving or have a ways to go yet . Their loss to Minnesota ( at home) , makes me feel they have a ways to go, but not so much to make me feel overconfident about this game seeing how RU lost to Purdue and almost gave the game away to Minnesota , being saved by great OT play at home

the problem is that RU is having a tendency to not put teams away when they have them on the ropes..whether its just grabbing a rebound here or making a shot there or defending a 3, it seems like RU in the PSU and Minny games made both games way tougher than they should have been.

it seems like this team isnt playing as sharp defense as they did in the early season. Seems like the Big 10 schools have a good read on what RU is doing. I was disappointed in how many wide open 3s Minnesota got late in the game, how was that possible. That one ponytail Wagner seemingly got open all the time, how could RU lose her. On offense it seems like Tyler is not always on at first and if no one picks up the slack we really struggle. Tyler almost always brings it late but the other players need to step up earlier in the game so Tyler does not have to save the day.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
ADVERTISEMENT