ADVERTISEMENT

PSU wrestling dominated Maryland

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
PSU dominated Maryland winning 9 of 10 matches. Maryland got only 1 TD the entire match. We should beat Maryland soundly.

For those that missed it on BTN last night, you can watch a replay on the app or website. Here's the writeup: http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/penn_state_wins_9_of_10_bouts.html#incart_m-rpt-2.

Maryland fan support was nonexistent. Maybe 500 fans @ Maryland. I guess they aren't interested in wrestling.

PENN STATE 38, MARYLAND 3

125: Jordan Conaway, PS md Michael Beck 15-2.

133: Jimmy Gulibon, PS d Geoff Alexander 9-2.

141: Shyheim Brown, M d Michael Waters 1-0.

149: Zack Beitz, PS md Ben Dorsay 9-0.

157: Cody Law, PS d Lou Mascola 3-2.

165: Garett Hammond, PS md Tyler Manion 15-4.

174: Matt Brown, PS p T.J. Guidice 1:12.

184: Matt McCutcheon, PS md Tony Gardner 17-6.

197: Morgan McIntosh, PS p Rob Fitzgerald :51.

285: Jimmy Lawson, PS md Ryan Kail 20-8.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

UMD lost to George Mason earlier. they are not having a great year. RU will be heavy favorites.

announced attendance was over 2K. i think that was accurate. they wrestled in the huge 15K+ basketball arena to accommodate the BTN production team.

i think Maryland will bounce back. may take another year or two. we'll see.

I watched the match and PSU sure did dominate. I have to rethink my thinking we may have a shot against them if they are healthy.

On Maryland I will say if you look at the open tournaments they are sending a ton of wrestlers to them. It will only help them down the road.

PSU is young, but still very talented...Sanderson has done a great job building depth

ADVERTISEMENT