Psychedelic Companies About to Go Public

Discussion in 'Current Events, Politics and Off Topic Banter' started by ashokan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

1 ashokan, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Why would you compare heroin to psychedelics? They're worlds apart.
    As for psychedelics being legalized, great, it's about time. Many will benefit from their therapeutic value, including heroin addicts.

Ronnie_B likes this.
  3. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Pot, gambling, psychedelics, heroin, hookers etc - the signs are there America is well on its way to maturing as a junkie nation (you'll fit in well). People would do well to remember China and opium etc.

RU Diesel07110 and RUaMoose like this.
  4. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

You would greatly benefit from a psychedelic session.

5. albanyknight

albanyknight Heisman Winner
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I am surprised that our resident Psychiatrist is not aware of the success of controlled psychedelics for treatment of severe depression.

They are even doing it in Poughkepsie. Just sayin................

6. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

7. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

Spectacular failure. Stick to gay bashing.

i'vegotwinners likes this.
  8. RUDead

RUDead Senior
    Expand Collapse

The war on drugs has been a spectacular failure in every way.

Putting people in jail for drug use was a terrible idea and should go away asap. Let's get back to the idea of personal responsibility.

I also don't believe the state should be responsible for rehab if an individual can't control themselves. This is their problem to deal with, not mine.

newell138 likes this.
  9. newell138

newell138 Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
    Heroin is already "legal" in a lot of left cities with safe injection sites and police looking the other way at junkies wandering the streets like the walking dead.

RUDead likes this.
  10. RUJohnny

RUJohnny Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Personal responsibility and accountability are increasingly rare. The USA needs a major reset in that Dept.

RUScrew85, ashokan and RUDead like this.
  11. RUDead

RUDead Senior
    Expand Collapse

The state has become the great enabler. Making the problem much worse.

12. newell138

newell138 Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
    I do agree that pot and mushrooms should be legal. Heroin is another story

okieKnight908 and Jm0513 like this.
  13. Caliknight

Caliknight Legend
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully they do better than MedMen.

14. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Its obvious there are "elements" that want a lot of American dumbed-down and drugged-up (and China flooding US with Fentanyl by design - ).

You have 2/3 of the country that can't name 3 branches of government and 1 in 6 is on population is on meds. This is lke soma drug out of "Brave New World"

"From birth, members of every class are indoctrinated by recorded voices repeating slogans while they sleep (called "hypnopædia" in the book) to believe their own class is superior, but that the other classes perform needed functions. Any residual unhappiness is resolved by an antidepressant and hallucinogenic drug called soma."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World

MDs and "researchers" pushing these things is nothing new. Bad research is everywhere and not accidental. There was an opium epidemic in US in late C19. Doctors were overprescribing opium like they do meds and opiods now. A lot of the new "medicinal advantages" stuff is just people with their eye on a market.

"It was a change in prescribing behavior that brought the post-Civil War opium epidemic to an end."
    "Doctors responding to questions about addiction in 1872 say, according to Oliver, it is "caused by the injudicious and often unnecessary prescription of opium."

Historians say it was a change in prescribing behavior that brought the post-Civil War epidemic to an end.

"Doctors became much more circumspect about prescribing," says Courtwright, who teaches history at the University of North Florida. "Even before the federal government intervened with the 1914 Harrison Narcotic Act, the medical profession was becoming much more cautious about prescribing opiates."

Courtwright says he’s been surprised to see another opium epidemic, driven by over-prescribing, emerge in the U.S. — and disturbed because this one is more complicated."

https://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2017/08/01/opium-history-addiction

RUJohnny likes this.
  15. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

for those who know i politically agree with them here... this will come as a shock... due to the draconian laws against opiates, chronic pain sufferers like myself live in a world of hell(i have severe neuropathy in both my legs)... every day i'm in pain and i used to be prescribed oxycodone but thanks to the shit laws, i can't get the medication i need.. i have to settle for an ancient remedy that isn't necessarily good for the body... Kratom

make ALL medications available to those over the age of 18(literally EVERYTHING)... and here is where libby's should agree.. if a woman can chose what to do with her body, ie abortion... then why the fk can't i get pain meds for my condition? tylenol and motrin and shit like that doesn't work for me

legalize EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

16. RUfromSoCal?

RUfromSoCal? Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

While I am very far from convinced it makes sense.......... there are some intriguing possibilities - if handled correctly.......

17. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

To compare psychedelics to heroin is dead wrong. Psychedelic "junkies" aren't a problem because they don't exist. Psychedelics are more therapeutic rather than recreational. Of course there are going to be some that abuse any drug, but psychedelics have legitimate benefits when used property.

18. RUDead

RUDead Senior
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried the medical cannabis route?

19. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Medical Marijuana isn't legal here in Virginia as far as i know... so that is not an option for me... but if it become legal .. i'm not sure if Medicaid would cover it due to federal law... but if it did.. i guess i'd give it a try just to see if it works... with the amount of pain i suffer i'll try just anything .. already did acupuncture...

RUDead likes this.
  20. RUDead

RUDead Senior
    Expand Collapse

Virginia recently passed a medical bill. Don't know anything more than that but shouldn't be hard to find out.

But if you are close to DC, you have easy access to recreational dispensaries. There is not difference between medical and recreational technically, but you do have to pick the correct strain. If you don't want to get that high, you can select a low thc strain. The employees at the dispensaries are normally very knowledgeable and helpful. Ask for them for help. Look online for dispensary reviews and bring cash! they can't take a credit card.

Try the drops first (they call them tinctures, lots of lingo in cannabis), they are the easiest to deal with. Try different strains, they can have very, very different effects. It's not like buying pain meds. Takes some trial and error sometimes.

And don't listen to the reefer madness crowd. Opioids can do significant damage to your body, cannabis has a lot of healing properties and is much better for you in the long run.

21. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

personally i'd prefer my 5mg every 4 hours of oxycodone cuz i know that works and it doesn't "get high" or whatever.. and i'm no where near DC... i'm out in the boonies/woods about an hour and a half SSW of Richmond

22. RUDead

RUDead Senior
    Expand Collapse

So i guess you're not really willing to try anything.

Good luck with your pain.

23. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

i'm willing to try .. but it's a hell of a drive to get there and i'm pretty sure none of my DRs are willing to give me the license that's required by law

EDIT: i'd basically have to go doctor shopping.. and i don't even know where to start with something like that... but i'll ask the few people i know...

24. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

Set up a grow room

25. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

i dunno if that's legal.. lol... i'd give that a shot for sure if it is.. did a little bit of research and it seems that most cannibus products are non smokeable.. didn't see anything about the legality of growing your own ... i'd have to have some marijuana aficianado to teach me how to do that too

26. Jm0513

Jm0513 All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Confused
    most Drs would prefer the medical MJ than the pain medicine,no?.. the list of ailments to qualify for the MMP is every growing one now being opioid dependency. Most doctors want their patients off the pain medicines don't they? Maybe just in NJ??

27. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

the medical marijuana thing seems to be VERY new to Virginia

28. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

If you're out in the boonies, who's gonna know? If you have property, do an outdoor grow. Indoor plants will STINK up your house big time. U can buy seeds online. For everything else, Google and YouTube are your friends.

29. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

gotta say it's tempting.. but i dunno how to grow it and i really really really don't wanna get in shit with the cops/feds... i'll have to do more research cuz all i can find is eatibles available .. like candies, lollipops, the oil stuff for vaping.... i'll ask my primary care physician what the deal is in regards to this first.. she's kewl as hell so maybe she would know.. then again she didn't know what Kratom was until i mentioned it to her ... guess i'll find out ...

the only question i have is does it actually work for pain management? or is it a mind over matter type thing?... cuz Kratom affects the same neuro-receptors as opiates just not in the same way which makes it work just not as good as say oxycodone

30. Jm0513

Jm0513 All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
    • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
    • Anxiety
    • Cancer
    • Chronic Pain
    • Dysmenorrhea
    • Glaucoma
    • Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
    • Intractable skeletal spasticity
    • Migraine
    • Multiple sclerosis
    • Muscular dystrophy
    • Opioid Use Disorder
    • Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
    • Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
    • Tourette Syndrome

R1776U likes this.
  31. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

is that Virginia standards or just in general?

32. BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap

Expand Collapse

Pot is not going to have the same effect as opiates, but it will help, especially at bedtime. Sativa strains for daytime, Indica for bedtime. No side effects either. I had a 5 mg oxy Rx after surgery, but had to stop taking it because I couldn't poop! That stuff put my bowels in a coma.

33. i'vegotwinners

i'vegotwinners All American
    Expand Collapse

Oxy is just heroin in pill form.

eliminate over prescribing and forcing those looking for pot to go to the guy also pushing meth, crack, and heroin, and we wouldn't have anywhere near the opioid, or meth or crack, problem we have.

now that the prescription racket has been exposed, in the future look for legal pot states to have a huge reduction in heroin addicts, and meth and crack as well.

get it so legal pot isn't 2 or 3 times as expensive as the street in legal states, and you bring down future addiction even more.

as a country, alcohol and tobacco are the big killers and addictions, and meth and opioids gaining fast.

the best thing the country could do is accept that reality is real, and work to move everybody to pot as their drug of choice in the future.

it's the most easily solvable problem the nation has..

the total idiots, and the alcohol, tobacco, and pharma, industries, just don't like the solution, because they don't want the problem solved..

33 i'vegotwinners, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  34. R1776U

R1776U Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

never got constipated myself... i'm on a whole bunch of meds and one can make you shit your brains out! :Shocked

35. RUJohnny99

RUJohnny99 Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How about not worrying what people do to themselves behind closed doors to get through the day?

If cannabis and psilocybin were legal, there'd be more people walking around with childhood memories of happy stoned fathers instead of angry, drunk, abusive fathers.

36. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

The "behind closed doors" thing died a long, long time ago. Now people are even publicly crapping en masse in big cities. More astute epidemiological observers focus on the public health menace this constitutes - a menace that might materialize with Corona and who knows what else. I mean 110 million people have STDs (CDC calls epidemic "all time high") and using Tinder to pass them around. America = Cootie Nation.

I'm not a believer in legalized drugs as a panacea because I grew-up in a town of drug users. Drugs make people lose awareness. The temporary relief from awareness leads to worse problems. Zoning out will catch-up to most people eventually. Weed will take the edge off working too hard to make million dollars a year and then the wife serves papers and the guy didn't see it coming. Happens all the time. Angry fathers are better than no fathers and for a lot of people the latter is their issue.

Self contentment comes from meeting challenges and growing beyond them. Getting stoned and/or hallucinating and getting the giggles doesn't do any of that . Nor does it make for good neighbors and drivers. Half the people in my area drive like lunatics already, without giving them hallucinogenics while they check their cellphones for tinder an FanDuel updates.

America's decent into junkie nation status isn't about peccadilloes and invasions of privacy. Vice, bad habits, debauchery, health threats, criminality, junk science, tribal politics and more are all balls-out public, on the ascendancy and acquiring protected status. An MS 13 member will be protected by NYS while a family with a dead mom will be told they just have to take one for the global team

37. RUJohnny99

RUJohnny99 Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

1) public defecation
    2) STDs
    3) divorce
    4) people not growing beyond challenges
    5) worse drivers than people currently driving who gamble on their cell phones
    6) legal immunity for gang members

Still not a valid reason to arrest 32,000 NJ citizens (mostly black & brown under the age of 25) per year.

38. Jm0513

Jm0513 All Conference
    Expand Collapse

I keep reading about this microdosing. Don't the mushrooms make you "trip"? I've heard of people with depression taking the small amount and it helping. I'd be nervous to try it.

39. ashokan

ashokan Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

They weren't arrested for psychedlics (what thread is about). I dont care if people want to be pot heads, and I'm not against decriminalizing it even though I dont buy the "medical science" thing. I could make a good case for medical red wine if I had to.

Maybe next bath salts and meth can be legal. Heck they way things are, why even have a need for prescriptions at all? Just let everybody buy what they want. if people want to try thyroid hormones its a chore to get doctors to go along. They will want tests at a minimum. But meds? They'll give you what you want with no test at all and say that if they dont work that have other things to try (none of them really work either) . That's how you get 1 in 6 people on meds. That's not responsibility on the part of the patient or the doctor.

39 ashokan, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020