ADVERTISEMENT

PT:The Travers

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Wish I was there. Your thoughts on a winner or a phat exacta?May drop by Monmouth on our way back from long branch jazz and blue fest..

Tough race to handicap

First time thru the field I settled on a 2-8-12 exacta/trifectabox (American Freedom-Destin-Creator)

Second time thru , I liked Arrogate (1) and Gift Box (9)

This will be a post time decision.

Weather looks to be good, which might impact most on Exaggerator.

Tough race to handicap

First time thru the field I settled on a 2-8-12 exacta/trifectabox (American Freedom-Destin-Creator)

Second time thru , I liked Arrogate (1) and Gift Box (9)

This will be a post time decision.

Weather looks to be good, which might impact most on Exaggerator.
I ultimately boxed the 1-2-8
Baffert's owns the Haskell and he finally did something big in the Travers

I finally had a good day. I'm up here for 4 days. I put $10 on Bafferts horse Arrogate at 11-1. Baffert has been talking up this horse for at least a month. I love coming to Saratoga, I really have s nice time both at the track and in town. I also hit a $203 exacta in the very last race by betting a 12-1 over a 5-1, very lucky.

On a negative note the hotel prices are really spiraling out of control at $400 per night. I'm staying at the Hilton and for the first time I noticed empty parking spaces, maybe a 1/4 of the lot. Also a half dozen or more BB with rent signs. A 10oz beer at the track is $7. Something has to give. Next year I will have to reconsider.

Arrogate ran a monster race breaking both the stakes and track record for 11/4 miles. There have been some pretty great 3 yr old and older horses who have raced that distance on the historic Spa oval and this colt ran the fastest of all time.

Baffert's didn't have Arrogate ready for the Triple a Crown races but he looks ready to dominate the late summer and fall campaign. It'll be interesting to see what BC race he runs in. American Freedom is also a late developing 3 yr old. The Baffert's barn is deep. He's got the best 2 yr old, possibly the best 3 yr old and the best older horse racing in the U.S.

Reactions: RU31trap
Arrogate ran a monster race breaking both the stakes and track record for 11/4 miles. There have been some pretty great 3 yr old and older horses who have raced that distance on the historic Spa oval and this colt ran the fastest of all time.

Baffert's didn't have Arrogate ready for the Triple a Crown races but he looks ready to dominate the late summer and fall campaign. It'll be interesting to see what BC race he runs in. American Freedom is also a late developing 3 yr old. The Baffert's barn is deep. He's got the best 2 yr old, possibly the best 3 yr old and the best older horse racing in the U.S.
Your thoughts on the Breeders Cup Classic.

Your thoughts on the Breeders Cup Classic.
Well, it should be a great race. If the top older horses run like California Chrome, Frosted, Melatonin( if he heals well), Effinex, Dortmund, Hoppertunity - that's a great start. Throw in a couple of the top 3 year olds ( depends whose healthy)and then add the possibility that some of the great ladies like the undefeated Songbird or Beholder or Stellar Wind could opt out of the filly- mare races for the Classic. Add a top Euro invader or two and you have the makings of a fabulous race. With the presence of a very fit California a Chrome I'm guessing that the ladies stay away. Right now after seeing the pacific Classic, I wouldn't bet against California Chrome. He crushed a good field.

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT