ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 7 footer

rutger80

Senior
Oct 14, 2013
Marietta, GA
Put on the Purdue-Clemson game and sure enough, another 7'4 guy on Purdue. What is it with them?
Purdue doesn't look like they have the same shooters as they've had, but they still have Williams and the 7 footer down low.

I believe he’s originally from Canada but recruited out of Florida. Late blooming 3 star who was ranked in the 400s last year. From the looks of it, they got a steal. Actually reminds me of Haarms a bit but I think he’ll be better. Big name schools started to come Im late but he liked Purdue’s success with big men...Swanagan, Haarms, Haas, etc.

Yep, from Toronto out of IMG Academy.
Looks fairly decent.

Matt Painter has like six guys he can point to and say "I can coach you to do that here."

That helps recruiting.

Put on the Purdue-Clemson game and sure enough, another 7'4 guy on Purdue. What is it with them?
Purdue doesn't look like they have the same shooters as they've had, but they still have Williams and the 7 footer down low.
Zach Edney, a big Asian kid from Toronto. Played for IMG Academy. Multi-sport athlete who played hockey and baseball before focusing on basketball. Very down to earth and intelligent kid. He has a chance to be very good.

Purdue is good at recruiting bigs. It's not hard to figure out.
Honor, the transfer from Fordham who killed us a few years ago, is lighting it up for Clemson.

Purdue looks terrible.
Honor was MUCH better than Fordham. I never understood why he didn't have better offers coming out of HS. It's not like he wasn't seen because he played on one of the better teams in the EYBL. Kid has a great feel for the game, is a coach's son so he plays with a good IQ.

The Clemson kid I love is P.J. Hall.

Edey is 7'4, like Haarms. but much more athletic and much more skilled, even as a Freshman. 21 minutes, 17/8. Purdue will play better when they get healthy, but they looked slow.

Edey reminds me more of Haas than Haarms physically. Haarms while tall was a string bean. Thin as a rail. I remember passing him in the Indianapolis Airport a few years ago. Was going to challenge him to a dunking contest and thought the better of it.

Edey as a freshman has a wide body that will develop and get bigger, similar to Haas, albeit, I believe skill wise after watching him the last 2 games is more athletic than Haas at this stage.

Reactions: RUby RED
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT