ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue game is sold out

I'm surprised a bit as well. But I've been trying to make it out for a conference home game on the weekend as well and there are not as many games on a weekend at home as you'd think.

But part of me thinks this has to be due to a large PU crowd or something , right? gotta be

GREAT STUFF!! A few thoughts:

1) it's a Sat at 4PM...could NOT ask for a better combination

2) students already back a couple of weeks

3) BUT...did we "sell" Section 110 to the public instead of letting the students get those tickets? Would be very disappointing if we did. I'm not even gonna think for one second that we saved any in the 300's BUT that should be theirs, period, until game day if not "sold" to students.

Reactions: RUsojo
I'm surprised a bit as well. But I've been trying to make it out for a conference home game on the weekend as well and there are not as many games on a weekend at home as you'd think.

But part of me thinks this has to be due to a large PU crowd or something , right? gotta be

Purdue is one of the few B1G schools that does NOT have a large alumni base in the area. The girl I was dating last year, a PU alum (Brees was a Sr when she was a frosh), didn't even go to the football game and she lives on Staten Island.

Anyone want to guess who is the only team ranked in the top 10 for both offense and defense on Kenpom rn?

Wow. How and why?
This...
26685253_1686138524741892_5440262489885579347_o.jpg

Reactions: BKIn118
Wow. Can we get the word out for everyone to wear just one color. I don't which one. Just choose and then everyone has to wear. If you show up wearing the wrong color you are denied entry. I get so jealous when I watch other schools and the arena looks awesome when everyone wears one primary color.

Reactions: Antnee79
The Purdue game here and the OSU game at their place are the only 2 games where I think that we have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.
All the rest are possible wins. Not predicting wins but definitely predicting losses.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Looking forward to next years' home schedule as we'll have Michigan; Penn State; Maryland (schools that we don't have home this year) plus an additional game as Big 10 goes to 20 game schedule...yeah Baby! Also on the Purdue sell out, amazing it occurred so soon! Corey is going to love it as big crowds motivate him big time.

Wow. Can we get the word out for everyone to wear just one color. I don't which one. Just choose and then everyone has to wear. If you show up wearing the wrong color you are denied entry. I get so jealous when I watch other schools and the arena looks awesome when everyone wears one primary color.
We're going with green per Hobbs.. Just got the email

now we have to work on promoting the other games during the week. Look RU is going to lose to Purdue and it might not be pretty. However its the less sexy games where RU can really benefit from a large crowd

now we have to work on promoting the other games during the week. Look RU is going to lose to Purdue and it might not be pretty. However its the less sexy games where RU can really benefit from a large crowd
To that point I got an email from Rutgers Athletics Wednesday night touting the Iowa win and it also had a a big graphic about buying tickets to the Purdue game on Feb 2 (2 1/2 weeks away) which had “limited tickets available” in fine print. I looked at that and thought to myself “don’t we have a home game NEXT week”? I actually had to check the schedule to make sure I wasn’t losing it. It’s almost like they’ve written off trying to sell tickets to the weeknight games. When I saw how few fannies were in the seats for Iowa I had the same exact concern. An engaged RAC crowd can have a real tangible influence on the outcome of games and I was afraid that we could be blowing the opportunity. Nebraska game is next week and winnable. I would hope RU would at least try to promote our next game.

Reactions: RUJMM78
There are 9 conference home games. 3 of them are on a Saturday or Sunday.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

Looking at other teams in the conference, and # of home weekend conference games:
6 - Maryland
4 - Purdue, Ohio St, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa
3 - MSU, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin
2 - PA St, Northwestern

3 is average for the league. Somehow Maryland got a second helping.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008

You mean like Red?

We're going with green per Hobbs.. Just got the email
I was thinking Yankee blue.

Still too soon?

Florida State and Michigan State were weeknight games with good, loud crowds.

To that point I got an email from Rutgers Athletics Wednesday night touting the Iowa win and it also had a a big graphic about buying tickets to the Purdue game on Feb 2 (2 1/2 weeks away) which had “limited tickets available” in fine print. I looked at that and thought to myself “don’t we have a home game NEXT week”? I actually had to check the schedule to make sure I wasn’t losing it. It’s almost like they’ve written off trying to sell tickets to the weeknight games. When I saw how few fannies were in the seats for Iowa I had the same exact concern. An engaged RAC crowd can have a real tangible influence on the outcome of games and I was afraid that we could be blowing the opportunity. Nebraska game is next week and winnable. I would hope RU would at least try to promote our next game.

Northwestern is a 9PM game, I see a bunch of folks that are complaining about going to a 7PM game and they will use the same excuse for 9PM. RU better be on it

There are 9 conference home games. 3 of them are on a Saturday or Sunday.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

agree...one factor is that the league has now gone to playing on Fridays so its changing things somewhat...RU hosted Wisconsin on a Friday where traditionally it would be on a Saturday. Also more Monday games than usual. Trying to fit all the 18 leagues games in played a factor even with the 2 games played in December, remember Big 10 play had been starting that last week in December...this year the third game most teams played were in January so even with the early start they were 4-5 days behind

Northwestern is a 9PM game, I see a bunch of folks that are complaining about going to a 7PM game and they will use the same excuse for 9PM. RU better be on it
The people who complain 7 p.m. starts are too early will complain 9 p.m. is too late.

Simply, some people would rather make excuses not to attend than find reasons to attend.

We're lucky to only have one at home this year, actually. I admit I do not like the 9pm starts on work nights, but I'll be there, of course.

The people who complain 7 p.m. starts are too early will complain 9 p.m. is too late.

Simply, some people would rather make excuses not to attend than find reasons to attend.
I'm going to make a wild assumption that you live pretty, pretty close to the RAC so I'm not sure you would have an appreciation for what kind of aggravation some of us endure to get to the RAC from home/work by 7:00 in this state. I am an absolute diehard obviously and now have an option to work from home when I need to which is pretty much a requirement for me to make these 7:00 games now. I can easily see how a less dedicated fan, especially one that isn't already a season ticket holder, would just stick to weekend games. I know because some of them are my friends. I actually like the 9:00 games because of the aforementioned traffic aggravation. And I actually have time to eat something before I get to the RAC.

ADVERTISEMENT