ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

Purdue beat the #18 Iowa team 76-70.
Making RU's loss to them not look as bad as it looked before, but no excuse for RU only scoring 33 against them in that loss.
Might still keep a top 25 spot because of Iowa's loss and #20 Oklahoma St losing today as well..

Reactions: ScarletDave
Purdue beat the #18 Iowa team 76-70.
Making RU's loss to them not look as bad as it looked before, but no excuse for RU only scoring 33 against them in that loss.
Might still keep a top 25 spot because of Iowa's loss and #20 Oklahoma St losing today as well..
Let's hope so. After watching today's game I still can't believe we only scored 33 points the other night.

It's a long season. I think until we play Ohio St and Maryland, we won't know how good this team is. Is this team capable of beating OSU , Maryland or Michigan, or just a notch below? Are we at 8-12 nationally ranked team by seasons end, or closer to 18-22 (which is still pretty damn good). Just too early to tell, but at least we are hopeful and enjoying the ride. And Ohio St , Maryland , and Michgan and Iowa haven't played the OOC schedule we have.

One of the downsides of the B1G - it is no secret - is the "beat each other up" syndrome. Presumably because teams are actually fairly even, but what happens is that the expected winner doesn't consistently win games.

You see some of this in the Big 12 as well, less common in the PAC and really not a factor in the SEC and ACC, where I would argue that - in a high percentage of games the expected winners, well, win.

When the expected winner usually wins it is bad for the not so good teams, but very good for the better teams, as their RPI and record look better for the NCAA seedings. Not so good in the B1G as there are so many teams with middling records, just a couple good and of course a couple really bad. Hopefully, RU among the good, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT