ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's best player, opts out of 2020 season

Believe Minnesota’s top receiver opted out also. If I’m not mistaken.

Believe Minnesota’s top receiver opted out also. If I’m not mistaken.

so far 5 B1G players have opted out......and every one that opts out from a school we play is a plus for us.

1. Rondale Moore, Purdue
2. Micah Parsons, Penn State LB
3. Rashod Bateman, Minnesota WR
4. Ra'Von Bonner, Illinois RB
5. Jacub Panasiuk, MSU DE

Last edited:
Everyone will be opting out or redshirting. Season is going to be a yawn fest.

Moves them a year closer to a Jonah Jackson maneuver. It behooves head coaches at non-elite programs to use a player as soon as possible. The days of grooming players is over. Especially true for QBs. Play multiple QBs. You never know when any of your QBs will move on.

Reactions: Plum Street
Moves them a year closer to a Jonah Jackson maneuver. It behooves head coaches at non-elite programs to use a player as soon as possible. The days of grooming players is over. Especially true for QBs. Play multiple QBs. You never know when any of your QBs will move on.
After his freshman year I totally expected him to transfer. However, I think his dad was connected to Brohm family in some way.

Kid was such a stud as a freshman. Hurt most of last year. Real take away was that he was able to graduate in 2.5 years. College is such a rip off for the a average kid/family
When you step back and look at... the amount of time in a college kids' week outside of class, the days off during the semester, winter break, summer break...is insane. College should be 2.5yrs for the average degree outside medicine of course.

When you step back and look at... the amount of time in a college kids' week outside of class, the days off during the semester, winter break, summer break...is insane. College should be 2.5yrs for the average degree outside medicine of course.
But he did that while being an AA as a freshmen

The problem I see with my daughter is the timing of classes you need. You can’t take class x until you take class y and class y isn’t available or not at the right time this semester so while she could have graduated in 4 she needs the extra year due to timing. Add in the amount of hours required as a student teacher now This year will be almost full time student teaching but for some reason the university still gets paid because they are “classes” and the school she works at is getting free labor

The benefit for a football player doing it in less time is because they go to the top of the list for class enrollment. They can fit into a condensed schedule easier but adding in their football time, 3.5 years is insane.
A normal student should be able to do that “if” they can get the classes to fit a schedule but as others mentioned, doesn’t work out that way.

Times have certainly changed. With the Hiroshima thread going on it made me think we had PRO athletes really risking there lives for our country. Today we have young men not willing to take a risk that is probably less than 0.05% chance of them having an issue.

I don’t blame any of them because hell they can make multiple millions of dollars at the next level which again shows how much has changed in our country.

all I ask from these future millionaires is to have and show respect. Act like gentlemen and you will surely be respected by me and most of the US. Then we can all live in harmony once again.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Times have certainly changed. With the Hiroshima thread going on it made me think we had PRO athletes really risking there lives for our country. Today we have young men not willing to take a risk that is probably less than 0.05% chance of them having an issue.

I don’t blame any of them because hell they can make multiple millions of dollars at the next level which again shows how much has changed in our country.

all I ask from these future millionaires is to have and show respect. Act like gentlemen and you will surely be respected by me and most of the US. Then we can all live in harmony once again.
Great Post!

Objects in motion... My guess is that practically everyone, everywhere has had their routines destroyed. People in our area who fought the commuter wars every day are going to have a hard time going back to that. I suspect student/athletes who couldn't or did not stick to a disciplined schedule will have similar issues where the idea of some possible pro career has more appeal than a return to the discipline of being a student/athlete.

Moore and Parsons are probable 1st round draft choices and maybe even the Minny WR. What they are doing is no different than what Bosa did by shutting his season down early when he could have come back from the injury or what other stars have done by opting out of their team's bowl game.

Do most athletes take winter and summer classes?

If you load up on those it can greatly impact your credits a year compared to only doing spring/fall classes.

What was your major?

this is clowinsh. Comparing fighting for our country that was attacked to playing football for your entertainment. The two have nothing to do with each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT