ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's Noejel Eastern to Michiganl

That was a quick decision. Didn’t he only put his name into the portal on Tuesday?

Don't know if he has lived up to expectations but Howard needs to turn the train around.

Definitely hasn’t. He was one of the players Purdue brought for Media Day last year and there were definitely some expectations there that he didn’t quite live up to. His offensive output dropped from 7.5 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 2.5 APG as a sophomore to 4.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG and 2.7 APG as a junior, and he ended up losing his spot in the starting lineup for a stretch.

Having said that, he’s an elite defender and fills a definite need at Michigan, who is in need of some depth at the 2/3.

Reactions: zappaa
I’m underwhelmed by Eastern. I’m kind of surprised Howard is using a scholarship on him since he seems to have his sights set on a higher level of talent.

Reactions: shields and cm_13
He was considered a pretty good one coming out of HS and might show that talent away from Purdue.
His D might be what Michigan wants, his O does look a weakness when he's on the floor.

So this story took a turn. Rumor is Michigan never offered. He just committed on his own. School hasnt extended a ship. Now his mom wont confirm or deny he is a M commit.

Interesting that Nebraska just got a verbal from another recruit, Elijah Wood right around the same time King said he was leaving. Wood, a combo-guard, had de-committed from Rhode Island and held an offer from Auburn among others.
Nebraska is the 3rd school Elijah Wood has verbally committed to.

Reactions: AD888
That’s not a good sign. He may be high maintenance or have some terrible handlers.
He seems like a down to earth kid. If he has handlers that will be news to me. In fact, I think his "handlers" are his parents.

When he committed to Tulane early in 2019 I didn't think it was a good fit. It didn't matter because two and a half months later the Tulane head coach was fired and the kid reopened his recruitment. Then he committed to Rhode Island in late spring/early summer 2019. I thought that was a good spot for him.

I think the B1G is too physical a league for Wood, but we'll see. Being at Hargrave should help him developmentally.

ADVERTISEMENT