ADVERTISEMENT

Putting things in perspective

YoUnG-Ru-FaN-FL

All American
Feb 16, 2002
First of all, it's great to be back on the basketball board - Bac, if you see this, you probably see me on Twitter lol.

Secondly, let's put everything in perspective from our Purdue win. We were without two of our best players, two of our biggest players, both starters, and one of the leading scorers nationally and in the Big 10, and a Jacob Young who was NOT at 100% (still played great though), and still managed to score over 80 points.

Ohio State held Purdue to 67 points, and while we gave up over 70 (while missing one of our biggest players in the frontcourt and 6'6 RHJ), we still played some solid team defense. OSU was not the norm but an abnormality. They also held Maryland to 70 while we held them to 60.

We look like an elite team and I honestly think that if we're 100%, we're close to being.a top 5 team, or at least in the conversation.

I really hope some saw this title and was thinking it was a negative post. Go RU from Florida. And yes, I just moved back to FL from Los Angeles, not so young anymore (34), but I made this account 20 years ago. Honored to post with so many amazing guys.

Reactions: shields
Team...being the key word in your post.

For sure we were shorthanded last night, but we aren't a one-man show (as awesome as RHJ has been). Was nice to see Montez and others step up. Purdue is a good team and to beat them shorthanded is a nice feather in our cap and should give the team confidence that they can beat anyone when fully healthy.

Team...being the key word in your post.

For sure we were shorthanded last night, but we aren't a one-man show (as awesome as RHJ has been). Was nice to see Montez and others step up. Purdue is a good team and to beat them shorthanded is a nice feather in our cap and should give the team confidence that they can beat anyone when fully healthy.

Good point about not being a one man show. I posted after one of the games last week that the amazing thing about Harper’s 24 ppg is that he is doing it within the offense and not forcing things. He just happens to be hitting shots at an amazing clip, but not playing ball hog or hero ball.

Last night’s win over Purdue shows what a “team” this is, indeed.

Welcome back YoungFL

Injuries and early adversity will actually make our team better / stronger for the future.

Getting the frosh some confidence and Tez stepping up will play dividends down the line.

Amazing that we can now win playing our 'B' game or without our best player or a starter or 2.

Imagine taking away our best player 2 years ago...we would not be able to withstand that. We have come a long way as a PROGRAM.

Reactions: thegock
Again when we get completely healthy, we will be ELITE. Iowa will be interesting for sure
It would be GREAT to get Cliff back for Iowa because no one is stopping Garza but it would be nice to have enough bodies to slow him down.

It would also be great to get RHJ back for obvious reasons...

It was an amazing performance by each of our guys but Montez Mathis had the game of his life. He was out of this world and he must be really recognized for this performance. He was so exceptional. It was like he was Ron last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT