ADVERTISEMENT

QB--Evan Simon

Bt the question reveals so much...

1) the assumption that Art cannot beat out Vedral.. and if anyone watched last season it was clear that Vedral was not much better, if at all. Last season had me wondering if Vedral was promised the starting job and that's why we kept seeing him rather than Art... even when he struggled early in games.

2) searching for a replacement for Art rather than one for Vedral.

So, yeah, I think the thought about an "anyone but Art" posse is reasonable.
Wow, Vedral was very good, Art was not! Vedral is the QB for this season. It wasn’t close. Vedral’s only weakness, and Art’s only strength, is arm strength.
Vedral is our QB hands down!

Wow, Vedral was very good, Art was not! Vedral is the QB for this season. It wasn’t close. Vedral’s only weakness, and Art’s only strength, is arm strength.

It has now become a faux pas to criticize Art the Victim as a potential QB starter for this season. Has woke infiltrated RU FB?

Wouldn't mind seeing Snyder or Simon step up into the starting role. Both probably better arms than Vedral and faster than Sitowski. This offense needs both threats from the qb to be effective. I liked Snyder's cameo in 2019.
Art has the best arm by far.
If the game slows down for him the sky is the limit.

Reading the tea leaves, it seems the coaching staff views vedral as the clear qb1 and sitkowski as the clear backup. Plenty of time for that to change but it seems unreasonable to suggest that Snyder or Simon are the best qb on the roster or even close at this juncture.

You lost me at “very good”.
Check out his Rating vs. all other B1G QBs.
Dead last in QB Efficiency rating at 115

not so sure about that.
He had zero mentoring under Ash.
Gleeson is a whole different level. The delay/ canceling of Practice sessions last year might have slowed Art’s improvement. Maybe see progress this year.
That would be great.

not so sure about that.
Gleeson is a whole different level. The delay/ canceling of Practice sessions last year might have slowed Art’s improvement. Maybe see progress this year.

I think you mean:
"He had zero mentoring under McNulty.
Gleeson is a while different level."

Ash was never in charge of coaching or mentoring the QBs.
He failed alot of ways as a HC but lack of QB development isn't really on him.

I think you mean:

‘By Ash I meant him and the Staff he hired. Didn’t think we had a Rhode Scholar auditing Posts.
Proper Coaching will improve Art.

Reactions: NickRU714
not so sure about that.

He improved to the transfer portal.

Think it's clear that Simon is getting a long look see in spring practice and Sit's reps were probably going to dwindle barring an awful performance from the kid.

‘By Ash I meant him and the Staff he hired. Didn’t think we had a Rhode Scholar auditing Posts.
Proper Coaching will improve Art.
But we certainly have our share of road scholars on here. LOL

Reactions: RU#1fan
I think you mean:

He was the HC. Everything that happens or doesn't happen is his responsibility.

Guys need to let it go. He was a four star who lost his job his senior year to a guy who basically walked on a Minnesota and won the starting job there.

Kid gave Rutgers a chance and it didn’t work out so he’s moving on - everyone else should too...

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Sitkowski fanboys: he never had good coaching, the lack of spring football last year really slowed his development.
Also Sitkowski fanboys: Vedral and Simon are who they are, if they were any good we'd have seen it already.

Wish the young man well. Hopefully at his next stop the coaches won't have to remove half the playbook out of abject fear of his mistakes.

Sitkowski fanboys: he never had good coaching, the lack of spring football last year really slowed his development.
Also Sitkowski fanboys: Vedral and Simon are who they are, if they were any good we'd have seen it already.

Wish the young man well. Hopefully at his next stop the coaches won't have to remove half the playbook out of abject fear of his mistakes.

Art was usually at his best with the scripted plays at the start of games this past year because the first read was typically open. After that he would start to regress. I was hoping for him to get past that stage but he is who he is and he can be effective in short stints but not whole games at the P5 level. That's what the Art fan club refuses to acknowledge.

I wish him success at his next school and hope he finds the right fit.

Two things can be true at the same time:

1. Sikowski received near criminal coaching and development from the prior OC/QB coach.

2. Sitkowski wasn’t the answer at QB and even with great coaching wouldn’t have developed.

But this idea that QBs come in as finished products and don’t need coaching and time to develop is crazy.
Maybe they do at Clemson and Bama.
Rutgers QBs need competent coaching - but even that might not be enough.

Noah might not be a All B1G QB , but if he can do enough to keep the chains moving and give RU a chance to win, that's all that should be asked of him, unless Simon shows he's ready and can do better.
Artur cam to RU highly touted by many, but Sit losing the starter's position at IMG should have put danger signs in front of expectations of him being ready to be a starter at the college level.
Sit never proved to be ready to run a major conference team, but maybe he'll land somewhere where his talent can shine like it never did at Rutgers

When it came to a choice between Sitkowsli and Vedral, Noah had shown more ability to run the team.
Now Evan needs to prove he can do it during spring practice before his name is thrown out as a better choice to start.
Until he does Vedral is the logical choice to be the starting QB

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Noah might not be a All B1G QB , but if he can do enough to keep the chains moving and give RU a chance to win, that's all that should be asked of him, unless Simon shows he's ready and can do better.
Artur cam to RU highly touted by many, but Sit losing the starter's position at IMG should have put danger signs in front of expectations of him being ready to be a starter at the college level.
Sit never proved to be ready to run a major conference team, but maybe he'll land somewhere where his talent can shine like it never did at Rutgers

When it came to a choice between Sitkowsli and Vedral, Noah had shown more ability to run the team.
Now Evan needs to prove he can do it during spring practice before his name is thrown out as a better choice to start.
Until he does Vedral is the logical choice to be the starting QB
I saw the game where Sit was replaced at IMG and it was obviously the move to make. Needless to say it was a real eye-opener and significantly lowered my expectations for him here at Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT