ADVERTISEMENT

QBR. I've read how it's calculated but feel it's a bogus stat.

RUfinally2008

All American
Aug 20, 2005
Like so many other stats in other sports, this QBR stat is a head scratcher to me. Both QB's had identical stats yet the QBR are nowhere near in the same neighborhood. I thought Wimsatt was every bit as good as Thorne was. I also get the fact that Thorne added some rushing yards while Wimsatt had sacks {3} that minused yards. If you weren't there or watched on TV, you'd have thought Wimsatt was outclassed, that wasn't the case at all. Moving forward, I love the fact this kid hopefully has 3 more years on The Banks. https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401405138

Last edited:
What is the difference between passer rating and QBR?
According to ESPN, QBR is a more complete and meaningful alternative to the passer rating, which remains the official NFL measure of quarterback performance. The calculation of the NFL passer rating is much simpler than the QBR, as it depends only on passing statistics rather than an analysis of each play a quarterback is involved in. ESPN created this stat in 2011. Just another example of reinventing the game like in so many other sports. Note, the NFL doesn't use this rating they still use the passer rating, nuff said.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT