ADVERTISEMENT

Quad One Wins

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Rutgers is in the tourney. Let's move off that. Now the issue is seeding and there are quite possibly only 6 Quad One opportunities remaining in OSU,Wisky, Michigan State,Indiana and maybe Penn State. Want those teams to win as much as possible.Put a fork in Michigan,Illinois even despite today,Nebraska,Northwestern,Minny and who knows about Maryland.Rutgers can win the league. Much better shot than the Big Ten tourney in my opinion even with a double bye.This is historic!

Too soon for this. We have 11 wins, need to avoid injuries and keep taking care of business.

Seeding shouldn’t even be a concern right now, we could be anywhere from a 1 seed if we lose a few more/win the conference tourney, to out entirely if we lose a couple of guys to injuries/hit a wall.

Goal should be staying under 10 losses for the year and winning the conference, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Rutgers is in the tourney. Let's move off that. Now the issue is seeding and there are quite possibly only 6 Quad One opportunities remaining in OSU,Wisky, Michigan State,Indiana and maybe Penn State. Want those teams to win as much as possible.Put a fork in Michigan,Illinois even despite today,Nebraska,Northwestern,Minny and who knows about Maryland.Rutgers can win the league. Much better shot than the Big Ten tourney in my opinion even with a double bye.This is historic!
Who knows about Maryland? I know. They stink

Reactions: GORU2014
You'll probably want to pump the brakes a bit. The remainder of the B1G season...

Little%20did%20I%20know%20I%20had%20a%20long%20road%20ahead%20of%20me.jpg

Let’s talk after Jan 29 game in Iowa. If we play next 6 at 4-2 or better we are in great shape given the back half of our schedule is a ton easier.

Researched the 8 1st round locations and how to get there again today. I hope that isn’t a jinx.

Reactions: gregkoko and RUPete
If you dont want to talk about it, don't. You do you. No need to try to be downers though just sit it out silently

The team has already clearly shown they are good enough to compete for the title. National analysts can talk about it but we can't? Lol come on live a little. Have some fun

Viewing this season through the lens of winning a B1G title, until proven otherwise, is the way

Beat Iowa.
This is the kind of game that could bite us in the azz if we have any kind of let down. Murray can go off for 30+ and there's always some guy at Iowa (like Wisky) it seems that can get hot from 3. Rebraca is solid. R needs to play better offensively than vs MD.

Reactions: Scarlet83
If you dont want to talk about it, don't. You do you. No need to try to be downers though just sit it out silently

The team has already clearly shown they are good enough to compete for the title. National analysts can talk about it but we can't? Lol come on live a little. Have some fun

Viewing this season through the lens of winning a B1G title, until proven otherwise, is the way
My lens is past B1G title.

This is the kind of game that could bite us in the azz if we have any kind of let down. Murray can go off for 30+ and there's always some guy at Iowa (like Wisky) it seems that can get hot from 3. Rebraca is solid. R needs to play like better offensively than vs MD.
Definitely possible. However I see Iowa not being prepared for our defensive intensity. We need to step on them and be ahead comfortably if/when they figures thing out (like MD game).

Reactions: njxchange
I am trying to pinch myself. Right now we are playing like a Top 10 team. Yes I still have my concerns and I know what you are in January sometimes isn’t what you are In February or March.

I have never seen a team play defense like us. I hope it lasts.
I think they will always make an effort to play that D, but can they sustain it in the dog days of the season? I have the same concerns as you. They expend a ton of energy and it can be tough to do.

That’s why I laugh when the board buries certain guys on a game to game basis with guys being out of the rotation and losing their minutes, etc. We will need all our top guys this year. Maybe not every night, but everyone needs to stay ready. Success will be a complete, collective team effort this season.

Yes. I think we all “ feel “ like this team has a special quality about them. They seem to really buy in. However I agree completely with Casey “keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars”. Our competition has more stars. We need to avoid the injury bug. We need to make sure we’re not spent come the dog days of February which grentz hated. And manage to keep up the torrid defensive intensity. They can’t let up on the gas, which I think is a challenge. I really do love this team.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Pinch me. Place yourself where you were regarding RU basketball 5 years ago. We are going to have some bumps in the road. But also will do some damage. Just bought good tickets to tOSU revenge game. Yes, 4 Rutgers fans bought the tix! We are in good shape.

“Rutgers is in the tourney” is way too soon regardless of the other content

I am trying to pinch myself. Right now we are playing like a Top 10 team. Yes I still have my concerns and I know what you are in January sometimes isn’t what you are In February or March.

I have never seen a team play defense like us. I hope it lasts.
RU was good enough to beat everyone on their schedule :).

Reactions: Scangg
I look at the schedule and see a path to winning each game I see ahead of us. The odds of actually achieving that are very slim (even a 10% chance of losing each game would statistically be very likely to result in several losses, and we are not 90% likely to win many games moving forward.)

That said, I was very low on this year's prospects after SHU so to see what is in front of us now is amazing, but could easily go away. The guys must bring the effort every game and not look past anyone. I think we are experienced enough for that to happen.

We suck! Feel better and back to normal lol?
Better team than the last 3 years.
But.. yes. One at a time.

After wake forest …I posted that I was thinking five of seven through OSU….

Now that we won four of four ,…..I’m going to be “a little disappointed “ if we don’t get the don’t get the sweep

6-1 puts us exclusively in first place and with a 14-4, will have us ranked between 12-15.

We will talk about the next 7 …a week from Monday .

The short term goal is 6-1….14-4 and being ranked on MLK day 12-15….

I think we do it

One game at a time. When you look to the end of the rainbow for the pot of gold, it is generally not there or it’s fools gold. If they get to 20 wins we can talk about the league and seedings.

This is the kind of game that could bite us in the azz if we have any kind of let down. Murray can go off for 30+ and there's always some guy at Iowa (like Wisky) it seems that can get hot from 3. Rebraca is solid. R needs to play better offensively than vs MD.
Murray can't go off for 30. We have Caleb freaking McConnell. The best defender in college basketball. He would never let that happen.

Folks - I've never seen RU72 post like this about an RU team in nearly 25 years and I'm getting the same feeling about this team as he is (and others). And keep in mind that while he didn't specify it, I'm certain his prognostications assume we stay healthy. Sure, it's possible we have a few wtf games and maybe even a bad streak, but if we stay healthy, I feel like we're absolutely going to make the tourney (10-10 gets us in with our NET, unlike last year where our NET sucked due to Lafeyette, such that we needed to be 12-8 in the B1G just to make the play-in game) and I think we have a very good shot at being in the top 4 in the B1G and getting better than an 8 seed. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT