ADVERTISEMENT

Question about leaving my car overnight ?

Rutgers NJ

Junior
Jun 25, 2023
If after a Rutgers game and tailgating, can any of the paid lots allow you to keep your car overnight to be picked up the next day? Pretty sure it would be either the Yellow or Blue lot.

Reactions: JRZEER
If after a Rutgers game and tailgating, can any of the paid lots allow you to keep your car overnight to be picked up the next day? Pretty sure it would be either the Yellow or Blue lot.
I've left a car in the blue lot overnight multiple times over the years and have never had an issue.

The question is if the university has a policy against it, and having them tow it if you are so unlucky

Or, is it not safe that it might get stolen
Ok if you want to get technical , I doubt there is a university policy that “allows” you to leave your car overnight in a tailgate lot. Good ?

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Ok if you want to get technical , I doubt there is a university policy that “allows” you to leave your car overnight in a tailgate lot. Good ?
And what about the policy that "does not allow" overnight parking? That being said and to the OP, maybe parking the car in Purple or Black paved lots would be better than leaving it in the middle of the other grass lots?

You will be fine as long as you move the car by the following morning.
RU won’t encourage this with an official policy, but they will leave your car alone.
There is quite a bit of early am activity in the lots the day after a night game. Clean-up is underway close to sunrise. Street sweepers are on the streets And dumpsters are being emptied well before that.

And what about the policy that "does not allow" overnight parking? That being said and to the OP, maybe parking the car in Purple or Black paved lots would be better than leaving it in the middle of the other grass lots?
I don’t know : the other poster got technical and asked what would specially “allow”. I doubt there is one

If I wanted to tailgate on Busch with my car and didn’t want to drive it home, maybe look into silver lot that has dorm parking . Risk a ticket …but I doubt a tow .

I used to arrive in the Blue Lot and later the Scarlet Lot on Friday afternoon and leave at dawn on Sunday. Friday nights the Rutgers Police would come by to pet Scarlet and catch up on the Friday night ESPN game. Saturday night nobody ever even came into either lot.

Uber back and forth from the game.
Then what am I tailgating out of with a couple of friends? It would be encouraging drunk drivers to leave or be towed or fined I guess. How many years ago was it that 3 Rutgers football players got seriously injured by a drunk fan leaving the game somewhere near the Rt 18 ramp? If after the game,you took an Uber to a New Brunswick hotel to sleep it off, I would hope you wouldn't find that Rutgers tow your car when you got back.

Reactions: MrsScrew
How about not drinking too much so you can sober up and drive home that night?

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Then what am I tailgating out of with a couple of friends? It would be encouraging drunk drivers to leave or be towed or fined I guess. How many years ago was it that 3 Rutgers football players got seriously injured by a drunk fan leaving the game somewhere near the Rt 18 ramp? If after the game,you took an Uber to a New Brunswick hotel to sleep it off, I would hope you wouldn't find that Rutgers tow your car when you got back.

Tow is still cheaper than a DUI. In fact, it might be cheaper than a post game Uber and hotel.

Bottom line - just have your car towed home with you in it.

The question is if the university has a policy against it, and having them tow it if you are so unlucky

Or, is it not safe that it might get stolen
Yeah.. some tow operator could talk to some Rutgers official and make a deal. I once lived in an apartment building whose manager made a deal with a tow outfit.. they would go out and look in the lot for people parked on lines, sticking out too far etc.. missing permit or pass from the front desk... any pretext at all. Who knows what kind of bounty they got paid. Real douche move.. the yard wasn't even very local... it was towed from New Brunswick to South Bound Brook. Of course that did mean "war".. poor bastard.

Tow is still cheaper than a DUI. In fact, it might be cheaper than a post game Uber and hotel.

Bottom line - just have your car towed home with you in it.
Not a bad idea . Triple A used to have a tow service for impaired drivers .
OP if you have some type of roadside assistance , you can call them up and say your car broke down and you need a tow. They might try to jump you, but just say the car keeps shutting off and you don’t want to drive it. Throw the tow driver $50

If you don’t have roadside assistance and tow service, you can add it to your auto policy today . Do it and get towed home after Akron game

Has anyone knew anyone that got towed overnight after a game in any lot? Im going to guess that it's never happened and I always saw cars in the Blue and Scarlet Lots (even Yellow) overnight. Never saw any cars towed. The county doesn't control Rutgers lots and Rutgers doesn't care.
If you do return early the next day that could be an issue at the Scarlet Lot, as it is a bus turnaround but just up front.

There have actually been a few times over the years when one of our group would overdo it with the alcohol and be unable to drive. We were always surprised when we went back with them the following morning and found that their car was still there. This was in the Rac lot.
No guarantee that this would happen if such a situation was to arise this season.

There have actually been a few times over the years when one of our group would overdo it with the alcohol and be unable to drive. We were always surprised when we went back with them the following morning and found that their car was still there. This was in the Rac lot.
No guarantee that this would happen if such a situation was to arise this season.
They have written rules about when the lots open and they are completely ignored. People, including some I know on here 😁, are parked just past dawn no matter what the kickoff time is.

They have written rules about when the lots open and they are completely ignored. People, including some I know on here 😁, are parked just past dawn no matter what the kickoff time is.
I wonder if they have written rules on public alcohol consumption on game days as opposed to non game days .
If I show up and and sit in a lawn chair drinking beers in the blue lot or scarlet lot on a non gameday , will I get a ticket ?

• Haha
You’re allowed to park overnight at the RAC. Atleast if it’s an RV pass you can.

I wonder if they have written rules on public alcohol consumption on game days as opposed to non game days .
If I show up and and sit in a lawn chair drinking beers in the blue lot or scarlet lot on a non gameday , will I get a ticket ?
Maybe, maybe not but you would certainly be taken to the nuthouse for an evaluation if that's what you consider fun! It might be you're used to the rubber room but I doubt anyone enjoys it. 😂

Maybe, maybe not but you would certainly be taken to the nuthouse for an evaluation if that's what you consider fun! It might be you're used to the rubber room but I doubt anyone enjoys it. 😂
Well, you just said you drank in the lot on non game days !

• Haha
Well, you just said you drank in the lot on non game days !
That wasn't non game days, I called it an extended tailgate. 😜
The very first time I parked on a Friday late afternoon a Rutgers cop drives up. He joked that the Rutgers game was 12pm not 12am. He just wanted to see the set up inside. I showed him and he met Scarlet taking over one of the couches inside. In the next few hours I think I met everyone on duty that night. Lol.

Last edited:
Hamas flag in back window and the school won't touch it, can probably leave it there all week

• Haha
We're assuming he wants to get hammered and leave the car. Maybe he's staying over at a lady friend's place in NB and she has no off-street or on-street parking. Quite possible in NB...

Some very useful and COMICAL answers. This board never disappoints! Now what to do if I have a heart condition and was caught with my hand in the cookie jar?🥸

Some very useful and COMICAL answers. This board never disappoints! Now what to do if I have a heart condition and was caught with my hand in the cookie jar?🥸
Duh!! You retire and fly immediately out of the country despite supposed cardiac concerns. That's an easy one.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT