ADVERTISEMENT

Question about soccer/Jordan Hall

80RU

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
He had over half of RU’s goals last year and transferred to Connecticut. Now he has nine of their 15 goals and they are 3-7-1. Last year they were 12-6-2. We were 4-13-1 last year and 7-3-1 this year. For those of you who follow the sport and are knowledgeable, do you think he would’ve fit in/helped this year? Is he one of those guys whose presence is not as positive overall as his statistics would indicate?

He is exactly what this team is missing and would have scored 15+ goals if he was here this year. Unfortunately he left before the staff was able to fill out the roster.

He tore his ACL a few weeks ago for UCONN.

He is exactly what this team is missing and would have scored 15+ goals if he was here this year. Unfortunately he left before the staff was able to fill out the roster.

He tore his ACL a few weeks ago for UCONN.
I see – – I looked at the site — he scored nine goals in nine games before going down, but the team was 3-5-1 against unimpressive competition. So I guess I would still have the original question. But I don’t have the requisite knowledge of the game to dispute your analysis.

I see – – I looked at the site — he scored nine goals in nine games before going down, but the team was 3-5-1 against unimpressive competition. So I guess I would still have the original question. But I don’t have the requisite knowledge of the game to dispute your analysis.

Hall was/is a poacher. He'd turn nothing into a goal. He wasn't great in other facets of the game but he had a knack for scoring goals, which is what this team sorely lacks.

They've had to play guys out of position in the #9 role and have to rely on Jackson and Pablo for their goal scoring. If you take away the Norwegians penalties, no one else on the team has more than 1 goal other than those two. They haven't gotten a single goal from anyone they've played at the #9 this year. If Hall was here he'd have double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT