ADVERTISEMENT

Question about the rotation of players

Dpgru

All Conference
Jan 17, 2015
Do you guys have any feeling one way or the other as to whether Coach P is using this ten deep rotation because that is what he wants to use once the BIGschedule sets in or may he be using this many players in order to get the best 8man rotation he can go with when it tough games begin (probably starting with SHU)

I have no problem with his rotation of the players. He seems to have a good feel for who is somewhat hot each game

I ask this because playing ten guys, assuming they all contribute, allow you to avoid foul trouble and wear teams down. It means you play close ugly type games and pull away late. The down side to me with this team is that we are a poor shooting team and there are times when we just don't have any scorers on the floor. I just feel it might be better to use the guys who can get the points as often as possible which means keeping them on the floor and letting them get into a rhythm. Of course, finding out who those guys are would mean playing them all in the ooc games so coach can find out. curious about what his plans are.

I've been generally impressed with Pike's seemless substitutions. I think he wants to play 9-10 guys to keep guys playing incredibly hard on D and on the boards.

Doorsan showing some signs, small things but it's okay. Grabbing a big rebound and not trying to do too much.

Substitutions are used to give players rest, replace players in foul trouble and those not performing up to expectations.

Substitutions are used to give players rest, replace players in foul trouble and those not performing up to expectations.

Generally true, but it appears the way Coach P uses his bench that he is trying to play ten deep. My OP was just to ask if people agree with that and do they think he is actually going to try to play with a ten player rotation every night to wear opponents down or is he using all these players in the OOC games so he can ascertain who is best players are and who the "substitutes" as you described are and then play with a more limited rotation once the BIG schedule begins

I think he wants to get the guys the most experience they can at D1 level. Anyone.

By keeping the number long,people have to compete. No favorites, no one that is guaranteed anything.

Also, in due time, RU has a little bit more serviceable depth than most teams out there. He needs to get them all the experience they need to keep it serviceable among top opponents down the line.

ADVERTISEMENT