ADVERTISEMENT

Question for current students that will be at game Sunday, especially if in Riot Squad

rubigtimenow

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
To students only, that are in Riot Squad OR will be in student section on Sunday.
If we win Sunday’s game by 10+, is it storm the court worthy?
Obviously PSU by themselves isn’t worthy because they are so poor this year.
But, last home game of the season, last game for at least Geo, presumably Ron, and who knows who else?
Definitely the end (at the RAC) of an amazing era that with a victory presumably puts this team in the big dance for 3 years in a row. (0 people would have believed that possible when Geo first entered RU.)
Thoughts please! (Again, most interested in hearing from students who will be in student section on Sunday).

Responses so far are not the target audience. They might and it won’t be embarrassing at all. Interested to hear from the target audience!

“If the Scarlet Knights steal a win at Assembly Hall, it sets up perhaps the biggest Senior Day in program history against Penn State — the final home game of senior guard Geo Baker’s historic career and perhaps the final home game of fellow seniors Harper and Caleb McConnell, each of whom has another year of eligibility remaining.”

No - didn't storm for MSU, Illinois, and OSU. We are a good team that can compete with the top part of the league. Also, we just need to play a good game. PSU really played Illinois tough last night and the game could have gone either way. This will be a tough, physical game. And oh yeah, they already beat us pretty bad this year.

to the Students who might read this post, beating St. Penn and ensuring the best conference record ever, the highest tourney seed ever, almost certainty for the dance and perhaps the last home games for Geo, Ron, Caleb, Luke, Andre ( if I miss someone, sorry) is NOT court storming worthy. Court Storming should be for those truly unexpected and exceptional wins.

Love the link back to 89
As a recent graduate, I was at the 89 Pennstate game. Paid $100 to sit in the rafters
It was worth it! I hope 33years later the results are the same, the celebration bigger!
Go RU hats off to Geo Ron and Caleb

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
No - didn't storm for MSU, Illinois, and OSU. We are a good team that can compete with the top part of the league. Also, we just need to play a good game. PSU really played Illinois tough last night and the game could have gone either way. This will be a tough, physical game. And oh yeah, they already beat us pretty bad this year.
This. The students did the right thing only storming the court after taking down the number one team.
I really don't think they need us boomers telling them what to do.

to the Students who might read this post, beating St. Penn and ensuring the best conference record ever, the highest tourney seed ever, almost certainty for the dance and perhaps the last home games for Geo, Ron, Caleb, Luke, Andre ( if I miss someone, sorry) is NOT court storming worthy. Court Storming should be for those truly unexpected and exceptional wins.
Who made you the arbiter of what is Court storm worthy? There’s a reason I asked who I asked.

I have a question for the student section.... Do you guys bring in those inflatables already blown up, or do you guys blow them up once inside?

To students only, that are in Riot Squad OR will be in student section on Sunday.
If we win Sunday’s game by 10+, is it storm the court worthy?
Obviously PSU by themselves isn’t worthy because they are so poor this year.
But, last home game of the season, last game for at least Geo, presumably Ron, and who knows who else?
Definitely the end (at the RAC) of an amazing era that with a victory presumably puts this team in the big dance for 3 years in a row. (0 people would have believed that possible when Geo first entered RU.)
Thoughts please! (Again, most interested in hearing from students who will be in student section on Sunday).

absolutely now...wtf

Some of you don’t remember plenty of students stormed the football field for our first big ten victory over a crappy Michigan team.
Also, there’s a scenario where 3 top guys graduate and move on and in the age of the portal you just never know who else leaves…. Hopefully the chance is low but there’s chance (an I allowed to say this?) that this 3 year period is our high water mark for some time. I was there for the late 90s teams and wow were they fun! I never ever imagined it was going to take about 20 years to recreate (but it already was 20 years for those of you around since the 70s).

Enjoy and celebrate when you can!! Sometimes you have parties for all kinds of different reasons, not just when you beat the very best teams.
Lastly, it’s the most expensive ticket to RU Bball game in at least 30 years. So that’s great anticipation for this game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Plum Street
Some of you don’t remember plenty of students stormed the field for our first big ten victory over a crappy Michigan team.
Also, there’s a scenario where 3 top guys graduate and move on and in the age of the portal you just never know who else leaves…. Hopefully the chance is low but there’s chance (an I allowed to say this?) that this 3 year period is our high water mark for some time. I was there for the late 90s teams and wow were they fun! I never ever imagined it was going to take about 20 years to recreate (but it already was 20 years for those of you around since the 70s).

Enjoy and celebrate when you can!! Sometimes you have parties for all kinds of different reasons, not just when you beat the very best teams.
Lastly, it’s the most expensive ticket to RU Bball game in at least 30 years. So that’s great anticipation for this game!
You are one weird person judging from this thread

Some of you don’t remember plenty of students stormed the football field for our first big ten victory over a crappy Michigan team.

Again it would look and be foolish
Let it go

Got no problem with storming if we win and are pretty much locked into the tournament.
72j1.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT