ADVERTISEMENT

Question for current students that will be at game Sunday, especially if in Riot Squad

what school storms the court for beating an inferior opponent?
We are rutgers lol!! We have been the dregs of big time college sports for like forever .
We did it against navy and a crappy Michigan team in football . We did it against a crappy Georgetown team in the 90s .
Win Sunday , make the tournament. Storm and enjoy . If anything celebrate we are not the dregs this year and a great senior class by our standards.

To students only, that are in Riot Squad OR will be in student section on Sunday.
If we win Sunday’s game by 10+, is it storm the court worthy?
Obviously PSU by themselves isn’t worthy because they are so poor this year.
But, last home game of the season, last game for at least Geo, presumably Ron, and who knows who else?
Definitely the end (at the RAC) of an amazing era that with a victory presumably puts this team in the big dance for 3 years in a row. (0 people would have believed that possible when Geo first entered RU.)
Thoughts please! (Again, most interested in hearing from students who will be in student section on Sunday).
If they storm the court for a lousy fpsu win, then I’m starting a petition to have you banned for even bringing it up 😉

No - didn't storm for MSU, Illinois, and OSU. We are a good team that can compete with the top part of the league. Also, we just need to play a good game. PSU really played Illinois tough last night and the game could have gone either way. This will be a tough, physical game. And oh yeah, they already beat us pretty bad this year.
Our students tried to storm versus Illinois and were away by security. If everyone had the fortitude they could’ve pushed right through but they were easily discouraged

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Asking about storming the court 3 days before the game is the same energy as someone who brings a board game to a party that no ones heard of and then makes everyone be quiet and sit around and reads the rules out loud before playing

• Haha
Reactions: Randal7 and RUPete
Our students tried to storm versus Illinois and were away by security. If everyone had the fortitude they could’ve pushed right through but they were easily discouraged
I didn’t see much evidence of that. Anyway, there are big games and big wins every night in this league, if you keep storming the court it’s embarrassing.

Reactions: Rutgers56
If Geo Baker or Ron hits a game-winning buzzer beater to punch our ticket you will have a hard time keeping everyone off the court. Will just leave it at that

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
To students only, that are in Riot Squad OR will be in student section on Sunday.
If we win Sunday’s game by 10+, is it storm the court worthy?
Obviously PSU by themselves isn’t worthy because they are so poor this year.
But, last home game of the season, last game for at least Geo, presumably Ron, and who knows who else?
Definitely the end (at the RAC) of an amazing era that with a victory presumably puts this team in the big dance for 3 years in a row. (0 people would have believed that possible when Geo first entered RU.)
Thoughts please! (Again, most interested in hearing from students who will be in student section on Sunday).
Nooooo ! It would be like the students running onto the field after our wins vs Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois

I didn’t see much evidence of that. Anyway, there are big games and big wins every night in this league, if you keep storming the court it’s embarrassing.
Evidence of what? Evidence of an attempted court storm or evidence of the ushers stopping them?

I'm tellin ya I was sitting right there and I watched it.

If you want to independently verify, ask a student. Several of them jumped down from the first row onto court level, and were immediately confronted. Other students attempted to descend the steps and, again, were immediately confronted.

I don't get why anyone thinks ahead about storming the court. I always believed it should be something that just happens when the team does something unique like beating a No 1 or winning a championship.

Sunday while important in no way meets the criteria.

If Geo Baker or Ron hits a game-winning buzzer beater to punch our ticket you will have a hard time keeping everyone off the court. Will just leave it at that
There is no assurance that a win against PSU punches our ticket

Some of you don’t remember plenty of students stormed the football field for our first big ten victory over a crappy Michigan team.
Also, there’s a scenario where 3 top guys graduate and move on and in the age of the portal you just never know who else leaves…. Hopefully the chance is low but there’s chance (an I allowed to say this?) that this 3 year period is our high water mark for some time. I was there for the late 90s teams and wow were they fun! I never ever imagined it was going to take about 20 years to recreate (but it already was 20 years for those of you around since the 70s).

Enjoy and celebrate when you can!! Sometimes you have parties for all kinds of different reasons, not just when you beat the very best teams.
Lastly, it’s the most expensive ticket to RU Bball game in at least 30 years. So that’s great anticipation for this game!
State Penn basketball level is the exact opposite of Michigan football level.

daughters in riot squad...the one with the whiteboard in the front row. No plans to storm and inflatables are pumped up once inside LOL
Your daughter is a genius! The whiteboard is a genius idea! So simple and so funny!!!

I hope she really gives it to State Effin Penn.

Reactions: RutgersDom
Evidence of what? Evidence of an attempted court storm or evidence of the ushers stopping them?

I'm tellin ya I was sitting right there and I watched it.

If you want to independently verify, ask a student. Several of them jumped down from the first row onto court level, and were immediately confronted. Other students attempted to descend the steps and, again, were immediately confronted.
Several? There’s 8k in the building. Who cares anyway. Purdue was storm worthy. Act like you have been there before for the others.

I’m a student, I actually think games that are close and we come back from behind are more storm court worthy. Than a 10+ point win. Yesterdays game was never court storm worthy.
Not should we ever do it after beating that school unless for a title in a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT