ADVERTISEMENT

Quick note on update coming to forums....

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Good afternoon,

The tech team will be releasing an update that will allow forum email notifications alerts when someone replies to a thread a user has created or watched.

A side effect of this update is that a whole bunch of users are going to start receiving email notifications where they were not previously.

Before that fix goes live, I wanted to alert everyone so they are not confused if they start getting a flood of new notifications. Email notifications can be configured/disabled in their forum preferences, by clicking on their name in the top, right hand corner of the forum and going to the "Preferences" section, as shown below.

Good afternoon,

The tech team will be releasing an update that will allow forum email notifications alerts when someone replies to a thread a user has created or watched.

A side effect of this update is that a whole bunch of users are going to start receiving email notifications where they were not previously.

Before that fix goes live, I wanted to alert everyone so they are not confused if they start getting a flood of new notifications. Email notifications can be configured/disabled in their forum preferences, by clicking on their name in the top, right hand corner of the forum and going to the "Preferences" section, as shown below.

I changed my settings, and now I don't see any alerts even with the little bell indicator in the upper right corner of the page? I see that people have replied and liked posts after 2:30 p.m. today, but not working. I changed the settings back, logged out, and logged back in, with no luck.

EDIT- the problem is fixed. It may take a while for the changes to take hold.

Last edited:
Is this really a new feature? I have been receiving emails for a long time.

I don't see why they would want to introduce this change.
spongeob-because-theyre-stupid.gif

ADVERTISEMENT