ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy Douby on Boardwalk Sports Talk

Randal7

All American
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2009
10423239.png

Quincy Douby joins Boardwalk Sports Talk for a dynamic conversation covering a range of topics:

- His origin story in hoops and how he got started

- The legacy of Brooklyn ballers (Telfair, Marbury, Taft, Mullins et. al) and how that inspired him

- Coming up in the early 00's: Admiration and competition with the top players of the era (Melo, LeBron, Lenny Cook)

- Lighting up the Cuse at the carrier dome

- Reflections on his time at Rutgers and the future for hoops

- Coaching in his future?

- Inspirational words for the next generation - manufacturing daily motivation and being the best you can be to offer your family a better life

This was a great interview. Really got inspired me personally. I hope it does the same for all you!

Good listen. Interesting that he mentions he’s finishing his degree to coach, and that he’d love to coach for Pikiell. I wonder if he’s a contingency plan to take over if/when Knight leaves for a HC job.

Reactions: Randal7
Good listen. Interesting that he mentions he’s finishing his degree to coach, and that he’d love to coach for Pikiell. I wonder if he’s a contingency plan to take over if/when Knight leaves for a HC job.

I hope we can bring someone in with a bit more experience than Douby when Knight leaves. We have the money

Wow , that’s selling Knight short . He’s a seasoned, veteran coach with some big recruiting wins and successful seasons . And you think a guy that’s never coached can slide right in and replace him.

Wow , that’s selling Knight short . He’s a seasoned, veteran coach with some big recruiting wins and successful seasons . And you think a guy that’s never coached can slide right in and replace him.
Maybe not replace; you can't replace him. But you groom him to one day be able to be a serviceable alternative. I don't know how great a teacher Douby is but he's definitely one hell of a motivator. I was super inspired by his words

Reactions: Plum Street
I c
Maybe not replace; you can't replace him. But you groom him to one day be able to be a serviceable alternative. I don't know how great a teacher Douby is but he's definitely one hell of a motivator. I was super inspired by his words
Good points

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Nice to hear that he is still maintaining contact with RU and the basketball program.

I still have my "I Douby lieve" t-shirt. And we were at the NIT semi-final game at the Garden when he went wild scoring 30+ points against Iowa State. That may well have been the last time I've ever been to the Garden.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
ADVERTISEMENT