ADVERTISEMENT

R we having a Midknight Madness?

If we wait long enough it will fall back to 11 o'clock.

Actually doing a "Fall Back" madness would be incredible. It's the weekend before the season starts, bring students out at 1 AM, practice for an hour, then have them count down to 1 AM again.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Yes and hiring Snoop Dogg for an encore of the Kansas performance with the girls on poles and money guns. Holy crap can't make this stuff up folks.

Kansas didn't have enough problems, then this? The AD had to issue a public apology after the event.
Definition of lack of institutional control.

Yes and hiring Snoop Dogg for an encore of the Kansas performance with the girls on poles and money guns. Holy crap can't make this stuff up folks.

Kansas didn't have enough problems, then this? The AD had to issue a public apology after the event.
That statement and apology made them look like the yokels that many in other parts of the country think they are.

Nobody was harmed because Snoop Dogg cursed during his Late Night performance, or had dancers swinging around stripper poles, or threw fake money around. Tell the horrified parents to grow up and get over it.

That statement and apology made them look like the yokels that many in other parts of the country think they are.

Nobody was harmed because Snoop Dogg cursed during his Late Night performance, or had dancers swinging around stripper poles, or threw fake money around. Tell the horrified parents to grow up and get over it.
Some of my best friends are yokels!

Reactions: Russ Wood

You’d be the one to defend this. It was not appropriate for a midnight madness show.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You’d be the one to defend this. It was not appropriate for a midnight madness show.
All they had to do was have signs at the entrances about Snoop's performance, make an announcement before his performance & give people 10 minutes to get up and leave if they didn't want to see Snoop.

Some people act like the dancers were naked or something. They had on more clothing than you see at the beach.

He cursed during the song? Heavens to Murgatroyd. It is Snoop Dogg.

All they had to do was have signs at the entrances about Snoop's performance, make an announcement before his performance & give people 10 minutes to get up and leave if they didn't want to see Snoop.

Some people act like the dancers were naked or something. They had on more clothing than you see at the beach.

He cursed during the song? Heavens to Murgatroyd. It is Snoop Dogg.
Why on earth would Snoop Dogg be the entertainment at a college function like this? Kansas doesn’t exactly have a squeaky clean rep to begin with, and now with sanctions probably being levied, this was a bad idea.

Why on earth would Snoop Dogg be the entertainment at a college function like this? Kansas doesn’t exactly have a squeaky clean rep to begin with, and now with sanctions probably being levied, this was a bad idea.
Why not? Lots of college kids like hip-hop. Plus it's Snoop, a multi-media legend (music, TV show, movies). Besides, several schools have had rappers perform at their "Madness" event. KU had Rick Ross perform at Late Night Under the Lights which was a football event.

Spoken like a man without kids.

Why not? Lots of college kids like hip-hop. Plus it's Snoop, a multi-media legend (music, TV show, movies). Besides, several schools have had rappers perform at their "Madness" event. KU had Rick Ross perform at Late Night Under the Lights which was a football event.
Gotta be a clean version or you have to let it be clearly known that it won't be the clean version. Very simple. The school thought it would be clean.

Gotta be a clean version or you have to let it be clearly known that it won't be the clean version. Very simple. The school thought it would be clean.
If the school really thought it was going to be a clean show they are really dumb.
Yup. Lil Brad and Lil Becky have long been watching rap videos online and seeing all of that. They probably knew all of the words from Snoop's songs when they arrived at Allen Field House.

Speaking of Salt, i believe Salt & Pepper are still available for Midknight Madness.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. They were touring earlier this year. Salt-N-Pepa were hip-hop pioneers & Grammy winners. I never understood why they did not have a Behind the Music documentary on E!

DJ Spinderella left the group tho.

Yes because everyone knows dancers on stripper poles and an Institution of higher learning go perfect together. Did you get this straight out of the Louisville handbook for higher education?

Yes because everyone knows dancers on stripper poles and an Institution of higher learning go perfect together. Did you get this straight out of the Louisville handbook for higher education?
Dancing is an art form and a type of exercise. Nobody got naked in Allen Fieldhouse, to my knowledge, those dancers appeared to have on more clothing than some dance teams that perform at college basketball games and people applaud when they're routine is over.

Plenty of dancers claim to be putting themselves through school while working at strip clubs.

I think you mean Georgia Tech not Louisville.

Reactions: njcanesfan
I wouldn't be too sure about that. They were touring earlier this year. Salt-N-Pepa were hip-hop pioneers & Grammy winners. I never understood why they did not have a Behind the Music documentary on E!

DJ Spinderella left the group tho.
Salt & Pepper is a "local" Salt-N-Pepa Tribute Band. Budget concerns. :cool2:

Lol. It’s 2019. I have five kids. The kids see worse on tv lol. Yal are lost. Hahahahahahahaha.

Dancing is an art form and a type of exercise. Nobody got naked in Allen Fieldhouse, to my knowledge, those dancers appeared to have on more clothing than some dance teams that perform at college basketball games and people applaud when they're routine is over.

Plenty of dancers claim to be putting themselves through school while working at strip clubs.

I think you mean Georgia Tech not Louisville.
Or what about the camera man under the skirts of these 18-23 yr cheerleaders. Lol. These folks just need something to complain about. Lol.

Have you been under a rock for the last 20 years? That's right. College kids go to class... and to their room, ... and repeat every day...lol. I wonder what a night looks like in Kansas when say..... a... Kentucky comes to town? Or how about Texas? I'm sure Kansas University is so quiet on those nights that they can hear a pin drop...or maybe even a slight sound of an old musical classic called Gin and Juice.. or Murder was the Case. I wonder if those kids at KU ever even heard of snoop dog..or his music.. or did they just say.. hey, some tall black guy with lyrics is here....lol. I don't care about the grammar police here...but yal do this on the RU board every time... and it's not even a race thing... its a generational thing, and some of you are soooooooo far out of touch with todays kids.

Have you been under a rock for the last 20 years? That's right. College kids go to class... and to their room, ... and repeat every day...lol. I wonder what a night looks like in Kansas when say..... a... Kentucky comes to town? Or how about Texas? I'm sure Kansas University is so quiet on those nights that they can hear a pin drop...or maybe even a slight sound of an old musical classic called Gin and Juice.. or Murder was the Case. I wonder if those kids at KU ever even heard of snoop dog..or his music.. or did they just say.. hey, some tall black guy with lyrics is here....lol. I don't care about the grammar police here...but yal do this on the RU board every time... and it's not even a race thing... its a generational thing, and some of you are soooooooo far out of touch with todays kids.
You may feel it's OK for a school sanctioned event to allow this type of behavior but I don't and clearly they don't either after the public apology. I fear for your children with your moral values of who cares everyone's doing it. My God man, hold yourself to a higher standard or your daughters going to be the one grinding on that pole.

You may feel it's OK for a school sanctioned event to allow this type of behavior but I don't and clearly they don't either after the public apology. I fear for your children with your moral values of who cares everyone's doing it. My God man, hold yourself to a higher standard or your daughters going to be the one grinding on that pole.
Yeah, you right.

A performer at Late Night — one of those rappers — used offensive language and had attractive women dancing around him, some on poles.

It’s impossible to predict how many witnesses to that performance are now destined to a life of crime and depravity because of what they saw and heard.

Kansas should invite Kenny G next year to atone.

Reactions: njcanesfan
Yeah, you right.

A performer at Late Night — one of those rappers — used offensive language and had attractive women dancing around him, some on poles.

It’s impossible to predict how many witnesses to that performance are now destined to a life of crime and depravity because of what they saw and heard.

Kansas should invite Kenny G next year to atone.
So you attest as well to the mindset that no one should have any moral values. That exploitation and depravity as long as it sells is fine. Since you've clearly abandoned any self moral values, you must also subscribe to the notion as long as you win it doesn't matter if you cheat. I guess different stokes for different folks, I'm just glad some of us still have moral values that we adhere to. Unlike those who have abandoned those values in search of self-gratification.

So you attest as well to the mindset that no one should have any moral values. That exploitation and depravity as long as it sells is fine. Since you've clearly abandoned any self moral values, you must also subscribe to the notion as long as you win it doesn't matter if you cheat. I guess different stokes for different folks, I'm just glad some of us still have moral values that we adhere to. Unlike those who have abandoned those values in search of self-gratification.
Moral values are good. People should have core beliefs that they stand by. But over time society advances. For example 50 years ago I never would have been able to purchase the home that I purchased in 1998 because banks would have reclined the hell outta me and not approved the loan.

Things change.

Who got exploited at that performance at KU? Certainly not the dancers, they got paid. They're using what they got to get what they want.

I haven't abandoned any of my moral values, you apparently disagree with my values so that seems to translate, in your mind at least, me not having any.

Kinda like someone saying "You must have the same values that I have or you have no values at all and should be cast out into the wilderness and your existence shall be nullified."

That's incredibly intolerant but like you said I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm just glad most people are much more tolerant of others.

Come on... Snoop and Martha Stewart's Kitchen was must watch TV. And his new Jokers Wild.?Made me wanna sip on some gin and juice.

LMAO....that's what you took from my response? lol. Yup, I don't even know you and I know your response to this situation is invalid...lol.

This thread has gotten ugly. No matter what someone’s viewpoint is, I don’t think anyone’s children, whether of Russ, Kole,or others, should be dragged in. Just my two cents.

Wasn't it Students Only last year? You folks sure us "old farts" are allowed in? Haven't seen a pole dance in ages. Looking forward to it. (kidding of course..hasn't been THAT long :) )

Midnight Madness has gotten silly; at many places it isn't even at midnight anymore.

I was pleased that they didn't do it at Maryland this year. Instead they went back to Lefty Driesell's tradition (which was the birth of Midnight Madness everywhere, ironically), of kicking the season by having a the team run a mile at the track 12:00:01 a.m. on the first day it was legal to work out...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...off-with-t-shirts-pizza-maybe-little-running/

Kind of on the fence about rubes. Hillbilly works unless you are a flat lander. Hick depends on the context. Cowtipper used to be fine, but then the politically correct thought police and peta declared it hate speech.

ADVERTISEMENT