ADVERTISEMENT

RAC Getting Power Washed

Dear God...No!!!
How do we know the grim isn't the key component to the magic?
5aca9aeccac27d52d02e510e_Breaking%20up%20Sludge%20with%20Firehose1.JPG

This could be the initial step before a paint job- who knows?
I hope not.. they paid for white block.. painting it would just mean having to look at peeling paint in the future.. but power washing may require re-pointing the mortar joints.. the source of that dirty look is likely water taking dirt off roof and flowing over the sides.. they can wash the roof every now and then to prevent that in the future

(click photo to bring up page to zoom in and see the type of block that was used)

Reactions: Scangg
I hope not.. they paid for white block.. painting it would just mean having to look at peeling paint in the future.. but power washing may require re-pointing the mortar joints.. the source of that dirty look is likely water taking dirt off roof and flowing over the sides.. they can wash the roof every now and then to prevent that in the future

(click photo to bring up page to zoom in and see the type of block that was used)
Being a mason I used to tell all homeowners never paint your masonry. However, now with the new elastomeric paints it is an option. They don't harden and expand/ contract with the masonry, expensive but if you clean properly before painting the sh*t really holds well.

Being a mason I used to tell all homeowners never paint your masonry. However, now with the new elastomeric paints it is an option. They don't harden and expand/ contract with the masonry, expensive but if you clean properly before painting the sh*t really holds well.
did you take a close look at those blocks? they are very rough.. not like a flat brick at all.. still say its stupid to paint it

Reactions: RUSK97
did you take a close look at those blocks? they are very rough.. not like a flat brick at all.. still say its stupid to paint it
Using a sprayer solves the nooks and crannies problem. I would never recommend white masonry ever, not sure who the original genius was that thought it'd be a good choice. For some reason the Italian customers I've had love it. I just look at them perplexed and say, "you know how tough that is going to be to keep white?"

Don't like painting but down in Asbury I did a couple really big buildings that required huge lifts. My Company got paid well and they trusted us to do the job right. My guys hated me, we couldn't go up on the lifts when it got too windy. That paint 6 yrs. later isn't peeling. Believe me I was amazed it was the 1st masonry I've ever painted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Using a sprayer solves the nooks and crannies problem. I would never recommend white masonry ever, not sure who the original genius was that thought it'd be a good choice. For some reason the Italian customers I've had love it. I just look at them perplexed and say, "you know how tough that is going to be to keep white?"

Don't like painting but down in Asbury I did a couple really big buildings that required huge lifts. My Company got paid well and they trusted us to do the job right. My guys hated me, we couldn't go up on the lifts when it got too windy. That paint 6 yrs. later isn't peeling. Believe me I was amazed it was the 1st masonry I've ever painted.
Covering that hideous, stained and porous white brick on our chimney was a tremendous move. You did a great job!

Reactions: koleszar
You don’t have to paint the surface to spruce it up. How about the lettering and a block R or Rutgers on it. The accent lettering which we have inside would be a great inexpensive start

Reactions: Knight Ed
Covering that hideous, stained and porous white brick on our chimney was a tremendous move. You did a great job!
Now that chimney had some nooks and crannies. They were like an 3/4" deep in some spots with that rock faced brick. Had to plaster that sucker twice to get it smooth to receive the cultured stone.

Reactions: Knight Shift
2 block Rs on each side the wording you see in that pic should be Standard treatment. Paint the roof red if you want to spice it up a bit to match the stadium

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
All these good ideas have been discussed years ago in previous threads on this Board and the Issues Board. And as others have correctly pointed out most of them (cleaning, lighting, landscaping, etc.) should be part of an already in place maintenance program for the RAC and its immediate surroundings. These aren’t wish list items but normal wear and tear things that occasionally need to be addressed....light bulb goes out you change it...tree/bush dies you replace it...exterior gets dirty you clean it.

We also had some good photoshop work done to show what it could look like. Some of the designs came out real nice.

Those threads also happen to be where I coined the Trapezoid of Terror name.

How do I get the paint off my brick? Dumba$$es I bought the house from painted it.

definitely need to price out one of those car-wrap-building-thingys....

Huge-Building-wrap-in-Philippines.jpg

Guessing it’s getting a bath because of the B1G Wrestling Tournament and not our complaints.

4-arsenal-fcs-emirates-stadium-after-the-announcement-of-stan-kroenkes-takeover-oli-scarff.jpg

Arsenal puts up new posters every year to update the players. This type of concept would be simple.

And Roofs are typically built with an overhang so that the water drips from the overhang and doesn’t run down the face of the building. It’s very common to get leaks and mold if you don’t use an overhang.

ADVERTISEMENT