ADVERTISEMENT

RAC is Rockin! Biggest, most athletic team since?

Maybe so with the team that we had last year, but this team is better off without him. He moved on at just the right time

Nonsense. This team is screaming for a lock down perimeter defender and Sanders was a terrific defensive guard. And I wouldn’t mind his rebounding from the guard spot either.

Him opting for G-league might be the only thing holding us back from being good. You don’t think Coach P would LOVE Sanders on this roster?

Last edited:
Nonsense. This team is screaming for a lock down perimeter defender and Sanders was a terrific defensive guard. And I wouldn’t mind his rebounding from the guard spot either.

Him opting for G-league might be the only thing holding us back from being good. You don’t think Coach P would LOVE Sanders on this roster?

We are screaming for a lockdown defender no doubt.

Coach P would NOT want Sanders on this roster. No way,no chance.

Tonight was about 2 things...
1. Ball movement and quantity of capable shooters
2. Chemistry and the face of the program now is Geo Baker.

An unselfish, focused, disciplined Corey on this team would have been 23+ wins, IMO.

Maybe so with the team that we had last year, but this team is better off without him. He moved on at just the right time
Nope. This team is BEGGING for a corey sanders. Corey had to take over games by necessity the past few years. Corey with these shooters would open driving lanes and when defense collapsed on him he could kick it and we could nail 3’s. If we had corey imo this is a bubble team

Nope. This team is BEGGING for a corey sanders. Corey had to take over games by necessity the past few years. Corey with these shooters would open driving lanes and when defense collapsed on him he could kick it and we could nail 3’s. If we had corey imo this is a bubble team

Exactly, if he played disciplined ball within the context of the gameplan and agree that with teams having to defend the perimeter, he'd either be able to smoke his guy and get lots of layups and dunks or if they focused on him, we'd make teams pay with open treys. With a disciplined Corey, I agree this is a bubble team.

GRF - sorry, you're just wrong on this one.

Reactions: Newbrunfus

addition by subtraction..the program can move forward in a way that it couldnt with Sanders. I know you and I felt the same way on this last year and got blasted but its true

no its not, if this team had Corey all those things you saw tonight that people raved about, wouldnt be happening

I honestly can't see how someone can be at the game and come to the conclusion that this team needs Corey Sanders.

We appear to have one player who is a plus ball handler. I thought that was so obvious I didn’t mention it above. We solve that in a year, but we are dying for another ball handling guard. By a margin it is this teams biggest weakness.

Last edited:
We are screaming for a lockdown defender no doubt.

Coach P would NOT want Sanders on this roster. No way,no chance.

Tonight was about 2 things...
1. Ball movement and quantity of capable shooters
2. Chemistry and the face of the program now is Geo Baker.

You have no idea what coach P would want when it comes to Sanders.

Despite your weird dislike for the kid, he wasn’t a lazy or selfish player.

He just didn’t have much help.

My sentiments exactly numbers. Love this team. Just need to defend and rebound better

Yep, I could see it taking some time for this team to gel defensively, but when we do, we have so much better length and athleticism than any team in years and when clicking I think our D could be suffocating - this is the kind of long, athletic team Boeheim always seems to have playing that difficult zone - didn't notice us playing any tonight, but I suspect we'll see it.

Reactions: BillyC80

I don’t think this team is better without Sanders this year record wise.

Not having Sanders this year is gonna help some of these kids grow faster and will pay dividends next year and beyond.

Reactions: ruready07
I know there has been a ton of attention paid to the really good games played by newcomers, like Kiss, Harper, and Mathis, as well as the improvement seen in Eugene, Doorson, and Thiam, and the leadership seen from Geo, but for my money, the most pleasant surprise of the game was seeing how good Myles Johnson is. Kid's athletic, with nice post moves and can pass the ball and is athletic enough to block shots and defend. Look at his line: 4 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals in 20 minutes. Best big man I've seen at RU in many years.

I know there has been a ton of attention paid to the really good games played by newcomers, like Kiss, Harper, and Mathis, as well as the improvement seen in Eugene, Doorson, and Thiam, and the leadership seen from Geo, but for my money, the most pleasant surprise of the game was seeing how good Myles Johnson is. Kid's athletic, with nice post moves and can pass the ball and is athletic enough to block shots and defend. Look at his line: 4 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals in 20 minutes. Best big man I've seen at RU in many years.
And the best deal is we got him for four more. I recall people saying he would of been a much bigger prospect without an injury in HS. Glad we nabbed him and allowed him to shape up physical via the redshirt.

You have no idea what coach P would want when it comes to Sanders.

Despite your weird dislike for the kid, he wasn’t a lazy or selfish player.

He just didn’t have much help.

Agree, he was sorrounded by bricklayers. Obviously, the goal was to milk the clock because of the lack of shooters. Sanders did what Pikiell wanted...a slow and methodical half court offense to limit.possessions because of the lack of shooters. When Pikiell talked about the lack of ball movement...it was Freeman.

It's very hard to project Sanders' game with shooters around him on the court.

Another interesting point would be if you are a RU opponent... Can you really focus on taking one player out of the game when you have so many offensive players now? Just say take Peter Kiss or Geo Baker out of their game defensively, there are still multiple players that can hurt you. It such an advantage now.

Corey is a very good player but if he was here the offense would still be mostly one dimension. With the guys on the floor now every position must be defended. Also many of our guards would not be getting the experience that they are getting. I hope Corey has a successful professional career.

And we can shoot threes...

Exactly. I can’t remember the last time we had 6 different players hit a 3 in a single game. Tonight Kiss, Baker, Thiam, Mathis, Omuruyi and Harper all hit at least 1 three pointer!

Agree 100% about Johnson. He was a real relevation.

Is he our best big or is a healthy and slim doorson better?

Just the fact that this is a legitimate question is awesome. Don’t know who our best big after one game, because Doorson and Myles both played very well. Both were very active and decisive. Myles distributing the ball in the high post is going to be a thing.

I think both will do very well this year. Good news for us!

ADVERTISEMENT