ADVERTISEMENT

RAC paint refresh renders - Photoshop skills

Google Earth is getting really good

above post made me wonder if those shots I did of the side of the RAC make any sense now.. short answer.. NO

Unless they replace the track area with parking, most people would be viewing the RAC from the west on approach from parking and the solar panels obstruct views. I suppose only the front entrance view matters anymore.
RAC-from-NW.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13

above post made me wonder if those shots I did of the side of the RAC make any sense now.. short answer.. NO

Unless they replace the track area with parking, most people would be viewing the RAC from the west on approach from parking and the solar panels obstruct views. I suppose only the front entrance view matters anymore.
RAC-from-NW.png
Since most games are at night, illuminated correctly…you’re going to notice.

Also, it would be nice to get the “HOME OF…” on both sides.

Since most games are at night, illuminated correctly…you’re going to notice.

Also, it would be nice to get the “HOME OF…” on both sides.
On the west side there is room.. on the east side the practice facility will be blocking much of it.

Hmmm.. I suppose you can finish the pyramid shape on both sides with a false infrastructure. A frame that you stretch a loose mesh screen across that will allow wind to spill off it. Then project from the roof in both directions to light up the top of the pyramids. Then the wall washes below them. Pretty cheaply done I'd imagine.. though this is New Jersey.

Ahh.. and then you have people in front of the building seeing teh backside of both screens... dang.. back to the drawing board. Maybe finish teh pyramid (which would really just be an A-frame.. not a pyramid) in all directions with frame and screens projected upon from the roof?

On the west side there is room.. on the east side the practice facility will be blocking much of it.

Hmmm.. I suppose you can finish the pyramid shape on both sides with a false infrastructure. A frame that you stretch a loose mesh screen across that will allow wind to spill off it. Then project from the roof in both directions to light up the top of the pyramids. Then the wall washes below them. Pretty cheaply done I'd imagine.. though this is New Jersey.

Ahh.. and then you have people in front of the building seeing teh backside of both screens... dang.. back to the drawing board. Maybe finish teh pyramid (which would really just be an A-frame.. not a pyramid) in all directions with frame and screens projected upon from the roof?
All I am asking for is a “HOME OF THE SCARLET KNIGHTS” on the other side. Illuminated so people can see it.

Five minutes in photoshop. Surely we have a student that can come up with something even better.

27zQu34.png

Looks great!
It does.

But it’s tough to keep the red on the metal front from turning pink from the sun. Happened to the old scoreboard at Yurcak and the top of the concourse at the North End of the Stadium.

We need a “bat signal” too for the Block R at night…use it for Football, MBB and Wrestling.

RAC-from-NW.png
That shot confirms that there is plenty of room on the sides of the RAC to pop out another 10 ft. for a wider concessions concourse and huge room up front to build a proper atrium/entrance and club seats behind section 118.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT