ADVERTISEMENT

Racist Purdue fan against RU ladies

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
You know, since we’ve been in the big ten I’ve noticed (especially on twitter) that the fan bases of our conference “mates” are full of old fashioned mindset people with lots of racism. This response on twitter from a Purdue fan really has me upset... “I’ll never forget Don Imus’s characterization of Rutgers” .. along those lines.

Reactions: gigantor1024
You know, since we’ve been in the big ten I’ve noticed (especially on twitter) that the fan bases of our conference “mates” are full of old fashioned mindset people with lots of racism. This response on twitter from a Purdue fan really has me upset... “I’ll never forget Don Imus’s characterization of Rutgers” .. along those lines.

Dave, you can try to fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid.

It's really sad (and infuriating) that there are people in this world who not only think like that, but also aren't afraid or ashamed to say things like that in public. This man's comment is disgraceful, but I would hope he does not represent the majority of their fan base. I also wonder how the Purdue players and coaching staff would feel about his comments. They are a racially diverse team. I wonder if he knows that we held a moment of silence to pay tribute to their former student, Tyler Trent, who was a wonderful young man and a super Purdue fan. Rutgers showed class, even if people like Scott Innis can't.

PLEASE REPORT THIS TWEET TO TWITTER.
It is easy just navigate to the tweet. then click on the arrow like symbol on the right side and choose report tweet.

If you don't have a free twiitter account this is a good enough reason to get one, even if this is the only time you use it!

It is easy just navigate to the tweet. then click on the arrow like symbol on the right side and choose report tweet.

If you don't have a free twiitter account this is a good enough reason to get one, even if this is the only time you use it!
are we concidered a racially diverced program?

Long thread on their board defending the meteorologist who was fired for mistake on trying to say Martin Luther King Park

are we concidered a racially diverced program?
Rutgers is a racially diverse University and that includes its athletic department and all the sports programs it runs.
Recruiting in a racially and ethnically diverse manner is how all RU sports fill their roster.

But like everything ,when it comes to the general population of the USA , there might be some who just are prejudiced and the idea of being racially or ethnically diverse is just foreign to their way of thinking.

That might include a few of the RUWBB,MBB &/or FB fanbases.
Or: hopefully, everyone posting on this board accepts the best way to treat their fellow man/women is in a racially & ethnically diverse way

Take a look at his Twitter feed before you spread hatred against this gentleman. He retweeted approvingly:

"A modest proposal: The cure for ignorance is understanding. Covington Catholic High School should organize a spring break project doing service on a Native American reservation."

Does that sound like a racist? Sounds to me like he was saying "I'll never forget" because I was upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
And he referenced Don Imus' comment about nappy headed ho's.. was that necessary and what would you conclude from that tweet?

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Take a look at his Twitter feed before you spread hatred against this gentleman. He retweeted approvingly:

"A modest proposal: The cure for ignorance is understanding. Covington Catholic High School should organize a spring break project doing service on a Native American reservation."

Does that sound like a racist? Sounds to me like he was saying "I'll never forget" because I was upset.
People are way too quick with crying “racist” these days and by no means am I saying racism does not exist in the world today.

Reactions: bac2therac

perhaps. that would be nice.

It would be nice but I don't think so. What about his comment to this post?

I didn’t take it that way at all. I, too, will forever remember that moment. Don’t we all?

ADVERTISEMENT