ADVERTISEMENT

Rafael Castro one to keep an eye on 2021

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Very active big man, 6’9” PF, recruitment wide open

A project IMO----a kid who will see the floor in Year 3 at a place like RU .

Not on the same level as Omoruyi .

Not somebody we've really heard connected to RU/Pike, despite being from Dover, NJ, and despite Rivals having him ranked #134 overall (#20 PF) in the class of 2021. Kid has a pretty good offer list - mix of P5, G5, and mid-major offers.

I'm guessing Pike prefers Mbaye from Aspire Academy in Louisville, but perhaps keeping this kid "warm"?

He might not be as physically advanced as Cliff but he has a good skill set and good mobility. He is just going into his senior year in HS, with another year of strength and conditioning he can be a good piece, especially on defense early on. No direct link that I am aware of yet but we are one of many watching.

Rafael Castro plays at Dover HS. There is another under-the-radar Div-1 talent in Morris County. A talented point guard Christian Cevis plays at West Morris (Long Valley, NJ).

Reactions: MadRU
I think he ends up in South Florida at the U or in tHe BE at Creighton or Butle. His AAU coach sends all his kids out of state.

The Dayton board is one of my favorites on the Rivals Network. Very robust activity, similar to this board.

Blows other 'basketball only' sites like Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, DePaul (well DePaul is a dead site). Richmond's basketball board is very active. I don't know if that board is premium or not but it is more active than their premium "Spider Nation" board.

You will see Dayton Flyer Jon Gruden on Monday Night football tonight, its 50th anniversary season kickoff.

Dayton landing Malachi Smith and likely Castro would be a huge win for HC Anthony Grant.

The Dayton board is one of my favorites on the Rivals Network. Very robust activity, similar to this board.

Blows other 'basketball only' sites like Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, DePaul (well DePaul is a dead site). Richmond's basketball board is very active. I don't know if that board is premium or not but it is more active than their premium "Spider Nation" board.

You need to go to Redmen.com for St John’s basketball. They don’t use rivals or Scout

Reactions: RutgHoops
You need to go to Redmen.com for St John’s basketball. They don’t use rivals or Scout
I figured there must be an independent site where St. John's fans talk about the program. Similar to Virginia Tech and Connecticut. Both of those sites are getting clobbered by an independent site.

Scout still exists? 😜

Reactions: AD888
Thanks but I'm good. IIRC, the St. John's site on the Rivals Network had pretty good content until Maurice Wingate (I think he's the reporter who had yall convinced that Jose Alvarado was coming to Rutgers) got a job elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT