ADVERTISEMENT

Ran into a big R Hoops fan while I am in Charlotte for the weekend…

Scarlet83

All American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
…Quincy Douby’s brother!

As you know, we all get a lot of “GO RU” or “Go Rutgers” while traveling if you wear R gear. I always rep the R. So I get a “Go Rutgers!”, the guy stops, I say are you from NJ, he says “No, I am Quincy Douby’s brother.” My wife and I break out in huge smiles, praise Quincy and his hoops exploits on and on…I ask if he had played, he said he was pretty good too, but a knee injury halted his career. We talked a minute or two. Such a great dude and he was so happy to talk Rutgers and Quincy.

Made my weekend!

Douby years at the RAC were epic. No player was more fun to watch
Douby my #1 too, with Hamady up there too… Still feel like Myles Mack would be much higher on my list if he didn’t play for such piss poor teams.

Reactions: Scangg
Douby certainly had a workmanship game about him. When I traveled with the team to ND he was the first to thank my wife and myself for coming and supporting the team. He was my mom's favorite player and used to say we need another shooter ike Douby.

Thanku. Always nice to hear stories like this. I think so much of our fondness is dependent on our formative years. The fans who sat in the barn and watched Jordan and sellers would say the same. But it was great having a “ pure shooter” here

Reactions: runrutgersrun
…Quincy Douby’s brother!

As you know, we all get a lot of “GO RU” or “Go Rutgers” while traveling if you wear R gear. I always rep the R. So I get a “Go Rutgers!”, the guy stops, I say are you from NJ, he says “No, I am Quincy Douby’s brother.” My wife and I break out in huge smiles, praise Quincy and his hoops exploits on and on…I ask if he had played, he said he was pretty good too, but a knee injury halted his career. We talked a minute or two. Such a great dude and he was so happy to talk Rutgers and Quincy.

Made my weekend!
I still have my I Douby Lieve t-shirt from LCP/RAC104, wherever he may be now...

Douby my #1 too, with Hamady up there too… Still feel like Myles Mack would be much higher on my list if he didn’t play for such piss poor teams.
Yeah, Myles gets lost a little because of that, but a great player nonetheless. Quincy- what you can say? I'd never seen a guy with such a quick release on his shot. It's almost like he would flick threes out there.

Yeah, Myles gets lost a little because of that, but a great player nonetheless. Quincy- what you can say? I'd never seen a guy with such a quick release on his shot. It's almost like he would flick threes out there.
Douby also was able to drive to the basket and make floater shots or get fouled.

Can you imagine if Douby were playing in todays day and age?

Top 5 draft pick IMO and would have signed a mega million deal in the NBA

Thanku. Always nice to hear stories like this. I think so much of our fondness is dependent on our formative years. The fans who sat in the barn and watched Jordan and sellers would say the same. But it was great having a “ pure shooter” here
I go back to the Sellers/Jordan years and I have Douby as my #1 all time RU guard.

Reactions: Scangg
Douby also was able to drive to the basket and make floater shots or get fouled.
That's what made him so fun to watch and so unstoppable. He wasn't just a 3 point shooter. He was just an unstoppable scoring machine

Can you imagine if Douby were playing in todays day and age?

Top 5 draft pick IMO and would have signed a mega million deal in the NBA
He would have thrived in today's NBA

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT