ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking All Big 10 Teams For 2016!

Blitz Pakage

Sophomore
May 16, 2008
I like to do this every year just for fun. Just something to talk about as we await the Washington Huskies. They have us with a 3 and 9 finish. Rankings for all BIG 10 Teams According to Campus Insiders!

Ohio State - #2
Michigan St. - #13
Michigan - #15
Wisconsin - #18
Penn St. - #22
Nebraska - #28
Iowa - #29
Minnesota - #50
North Western - #54
Indiana - #69
Maryland - #73
Rutgers - #89
Illinois - #91
Purdue - #94

Also out of Conference:
Washington - #31
New Mexico - #96

Athlon has us @ #87
What do you think Guys sand Gals!

Last edited:
I think you could maybe swap Michigan and Michigan state.

I would absolutely out Iowa ahead of Wisconsin and Nebraska and see no reason Iowa wouldn't be ahead of Penn state.

Iowa should have an outstanding Defense and the Oline will be very good. Return arguably the best QB in the league.

With Wisconsins schedule and the fact they play at Iowa. No way can they be put above iowa.

Nebraska has a very easy schedule but Tommy Armstrong is a turnover machine.

Are you related to Franklin? No way that team is in the Top 25.
Yeah, I'M shocked myself! Franklin does not impress me at all. This is a make or break year for him and they lose Hackenberg! I would have Penn St. in the 40's.

Last edited:
They lost Hackenberg and most of their D, have a shitty game day coach and they are 22?

Pre-Season Polls ... are pretty much worthless.

We will have a much better idea where everyone really is after September.

Pre-Season Polls ... are pretty much worthless.

We will have a much better idea where everyone really is after September.
I totally agree Scourge! You need 3 or 4 games under your belt before any type of rankings should be set, but I posted it for everybody's opinions why we await the Huskies! By the way the spread just went up to 25 points which I would take in a heartbeat!

I totally agree Scourge! You need 3 or 4 games under your belt before any type of rankings should be set, but I posted it for everybody's opinions why we await the Huskies! By the way the spread just went up to 25 points which I would take in a heartbeat!

humm... The pre-season hype for them is growing. Many are picking them to win the Pac-12 and make the playoffs this year.

All I know is I'm expecting us to be 5-0 and #3 - #6 in the country when I pack the car for Piscataway. ANY loss before Iowa will be heartbreaking and season ending.

7-0 and #1 - #4 going into East Landfill, too.

All I know is I'm expecting us to be 5-0 and #3 - #6 in the country when I pack the car for Piscataway. ANY loss before Iowa will be heartbreaking and season ending.

7-0 and #1 - #4 going into East Landfill, too.
Good Luck to the Wolverines! Glad to see your back! Just a little Tidbit from the 2006 football season. At one time in the computer Polls, Rutgers made it to #2 in the country and Michigan was #1! HOPE TO SEE THAT AGAIN ONEDAY!

Hard to argue as of today. Gonna be a tough season but one we should all be looking forward to regardless!

Yeah, I'M shocked myself! Franklin does not impress me at all. This is a make or break year for him and they lose Hackenberg! I would have Penn St. in the 40's.

Something tells me that he/PSU will be a lot worse than in the 40s after OSU, Mich, and MSU get through with his whiny a$$ over the negative recruiting BS created by him and his dumba$$ AD. I can't speak for the other schools but | do follow Buckeye recruiting closely and there's not one 2017 committed player to PSU that the Buckeyes were really interested in or made any kind of push for OR any current 2017 Buckeye commits that had any kind of interest in the pedophiles. He pretty much had to deny it to Urban. Their only possible recruit that sparked any kind of Buckeye interest is L. Wade and I think he went on the back burner when A. Riep committed to OSU around a week ago giving OSU 5 DBs in their 2017 class - all 4 and 5 star recruits. That a$$hole is just inventing excuses now for a very possible miserable season. Come to think of it, I'd really like to see Rutgers beat his a$$ - probably more than seeing the other 3 teams totally humiliate him.

Penn State barely made a bowl last year, AND lost their senior QB, yet they are predicted #22 ? What garbage. The people making the rankings need to cover up the names of the teams when doing their "evaluations"

Penn State barely made a bowl last year, AND lost their senior QB, yet they are predicted #22 ? What garbage. The people making the rankings need to cover up the names of the teams when doing their "evaluations"
Seems like everyone is basing it on barkly their RB

Hackenburg never impressed me. New qb might be green but he should improve, something Hackenburg never seemed to do over the last two yrs.

I think you could maybe swap Michigan and Michigan state.

I would absolutely out Iowa ahead of Wisconsin and Nebraska and see no reason Iowa wouldn't be ahead of Penn state.

Iowa should have an outstanding Defense and the Oline will be very good. Return arguably the best QB in the league.

With Wisconsins schedule and the fact they play at Iowa. No way can they be put above iowa.

Nebraska has a very easy schedule but Tommy Armstrong is a turnover machine.

Trace McSorely, assuming he's the starter, doesn't gave the natural arm talent Hack has, but he is a much better fit for the system. Combined with the new scheme, which will be more mobile-QB friendly and should hide some of the deficiencies of an approving OL, and the best group of skill guys in the B1G, the Penn state offense should take a significant step forward this fall.

Went back to Athlon Rankings and they have Iowa at #19 and Penn State at #39, Rutgers is #87. So your vision is correct Terrehawk! Wisconsin #33, Nebraska #31 and Penn State #39 all fall behind Iowa and rightfully so! We know it's to early to rank teams, but this seems fair to me at the moment. They also have Ohio State at #3, Michigan #5 and Michigan State #13. For RU fans Washington #11.

Last edited:
Reactions: terrehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT